Back again... Forster still doing well I see.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

SuperDaleWatkins
First time I could make the trip back since Duffo's taken over.

As a right back originally himself find it baffling how he picked Forster.

But there is no coincidence that both goals came from Lincoln's left wing crosses. The lad isn't capable of playing football at this standard. Until we getting rotten players like this our of the team and the squad we're going nowhere.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SuperDaleWatkins wrote:First time I could make the trip back since Duffo's taken over.

But there is no coincidence that both goals came from Lincoln's left wing crosses. The lad isn't capable of playing football at this standard. Until we getting rotten players like this our of the team and the squad we're going nowhere.
But the first goal was an OG by Alcock. So surely Alcock was playing right back, and not Forster?

And if Alcock was not right back, where the hell was he playing?
Ben3
Forster is in the manny mould. People think the grass is greener. Clearly a very poor player but people assert he is good because he’s not playing.

This time last year the worst ever player in a ctfc shirt, manny, was being lauded as the saviour.

Unfortunately those who wanted shot of Johnson will get what they wished for, same as those who whined for Yates departure.

They’ll have a hissy fit now because the moaning minority hate being called out for what they are - ctfc hating moaners.

Enjoy the conference moaners. Yates out Johnson out duff out baker out.... are you the only one left??????
andgarod
RCS again commenting when you dont know
Alcock replaced Field at LB at halftime

So simply he was playing LB
I agree withe OP Forster was poor defensively and going forward he was lumping the ballbut someone could ask what was dawson doing

It was brilliant last couple of weeks without your comments RCS
A word of advice dont comment when you dont know
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
andgarod wrote:RCS again commenting when you dont know
Alcock replaced Field at LB at halftime

So simply he was playing LB
I agree withe OP Forster was poor defensively and going forward he was lumping the ballbut someone could ask what was dawson doing

It was brilliant last couple of weeks without your comments RCS
A word of advice dont comment when you dont know
Thanks for answering the question I asked. As you correctly pointed out, I didn’t know, hence asking two questions. I wasn’t commenting or criticising - you will see I ended both short paragraphs with a question mark. That is what people do when they don’t know something and want to find out - they ask questions.

Having a go at me for asking a question to find out information I didn’t know - what a nasty post by you.

As for Forster, yes I completely agree that he is poor at RB and should not play. I don’t need to go every week to know that!
Last edited by RegencyCheltenhamSpa on 29 Sep 2018, 16:53, edited 2 times in total.
Benctfc
Forster needs to play CB or not at all. He isn't quick enough for a full back and cant cross. Hopefully with Alcock now building fitness he will soon be starting RB.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Benctfc wrote:Forster needs to play CB or not at all. He isn't quick enough for a full back and cant cross. Hopefully with Alcock now building fitness he will soon be starting RB.
Agree with that!
Robin
Forster is a centre half first and foremost, not sure he's done badly at right back but he definitely had a tough time against their winger today.

I see Alcock and Hussey as our first choice full backs once everyone is fit and firing.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
SuperDaleWatkins wrote:First time I could make the trip back since Duffo's taken over.

But the first goal was an OG by Alcock. So surely Alcock was playing right back, and not Forster?

Alcock replaced LB Tom Field.....there is a clue.
horlickfanclub
Thankfully we will not play many proper left wingers this season. Forster struggled but where was the help? Dawson was not much use and the gap between the centre backs and full backs was too wide. We don't put enough tackles in. Yes Forster struggled but he was not the only one.
When Kalala came on he took on their defence .Fight fire with fire.
Ihearye
I guess like the monkeys and the Tempest ben3, one day you might make a sensible and coherent comment.
Have to agree, he is not the player you want out against an even half decent wing. Way too slow and gets caught out of position. Like others have said CB or not at all. Maybe some support for him would have made it less obvious.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

Alcock replaced LB Tom Field.....there is a clue.
Thanks - I didn’t know that the time of asking, hence asking.
Shade
I find the slagging off of Forster playing out of his best position in order to do a job for the team baffling. If Long or Alcock were fit enough to last 90 minutes then I'm sure they would be playing right back, but Forster has been the best that we've had available up until now. With Hussey and Field both having injuries as well we've annoyingly still been having plenty of troubles in the full back positions, despite having two players for each position on the books.