CTFC vs Exeter City Away 22nd September 2018

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

theidlerich
CTFC vs Exeter City Away 22nd September 2018

Relying on the BBC statistics on play we seem unable to hit the proverbial barn door at 5 paces – again! Unable or willing to comment further as slightly further north watching Worcestershire best Yorkshire and Sussex.; although I personally loved watching Luke Wright single handed trash Somerset! So end of cricket season for me – although as a GCCC’ite it ended some time ago!! Enough of the small ball stuff [sorry folks], Exeter I feel will easily overcome our ‘maturing’ squad so a loss at 3-1 to Exeter, with Barnett scoring [although it could be any one of 8 players…. whom I have yet to match names to faces]. Good to hear Joe’s Dad returned from Trump land safely too. Pas only one to add to their total; hopefully Cliffy90 and I will end our scoring drought soon – here’s hoping.
Shade
To be fair, their keeper did make a very good save to deny Broom, and they had the right man on the line at the right time to kick another one clear. Just yet another one of those days where you know it's not going to go in, even with half an hour left.

Unfortunately, we seem to have already played a lot of the poorer teams (4 of the bottom 8, with us one of the 8), and only have 8 points to show for it. Hopefully Duff can get us out of stuck in second gear and moving up to 3rd, 4th and 5th (6th may be too much to ask) fairly soon as we now face some of the top teams in this division with Exeter and the Lincoln, before what must be 3 points at home to the last team we beat at home, Morecambe. Incidentally, when we play Morecambe it will have been 5 days short of 6 months since our last home League win. It's only been 5 or 6 games, mind...
Fuller
Shade wrote: Incidentally, when we play Morecambe it will have been 5 days short of 6 months since our last home League win. It's only been 5 or 6 games, mind...
Six games actually Shade, and the grand total of two league goals at home in that time too..... and one of those was a penalty.

Let's hope for an avalanche soon :roll:
Shade
Don't worry, I can't make the next game thanks to brother's stag do, so we're bound to score 5 and win comfortably, even if it is Lincoln.