Exeter City v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Team news, live updates and video reaction all here this afternoon: http://bit.ly/ExeterA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alf
Very good so far, we’re beginning to look like a football team. Better team so far this half.
Horteng
No disrespect to James Young but his stutter is so frustrating coming over the radio. Not the right voice for radio I’m afraid
Alf
This is good stuff. We look like a football team again. Well worked goal. Well played lads!
Ihearye
Horteng wrote:No disrespect to James Young but his stutter is so frustrating coming over the radio. Not the right voice for radio I’m afraid
Go take a good look at yourself. How can you say, no disrespect, then ridicule an impediment ???!!! If he offends you so much, turn off. Do you not think he is well aware of it ?
Nham68
Ihearye wrote:
Horteng wrote:No disrespect to James Young but his stutter is so frustrating coming over the radio. Not the right voice for radio I’m afraid
Go take a good look at yourself. How can you say, no disrespect, then ridicule an impediment ???!!! If he offends you so much, turn off. Do you not think he is well aware of it ?
Absolutely . I like him, he’s quite good, can’t really notice it myself .. I focus on the quality of content , not the delivery ....
Horteng
Ihearye wrote:
Not supposed to come across as a ridicule. Just saying it’s a painful listen
Alf
I think we need to concentrate on fitness levels. Exeter have been the stronger side second half.
Robin
Wow listened to first half and we absolutely bossed it, I come back and we are 2-0 down and all at sea. Sounds like Sam Jones was very bad and failed to apply the necessary effort too.
I-Love-CTFC
Sam Jones is a disgrace. A distinct lack of effort and interest.
CTFC03
Listening to that it's hard to take, obviously they are up there again for a reason but I hope we see a turn around in results to boost confidence. Sounded like the equaliser for them was extremely jammy would have been interesting if that hadn't of gone in to what would have happened for the rest of the game.
CTFC03
Also how anyone can not put the effort in on a football pitch is beyond me, you've got a great income and the only way you're going to keep that is by putting the effort in.
longmover
Quite a unbelievable comment to make in 2018, to publicly state that condition that can cause someone untold anguish as 'frustrating to you', is bang out of order.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote:
Quite a unbelievable comment to make in 2018, to publicly state that condition that can cause someone untold anguish as 'frustrating to you', is bang out of order.
It is because James Young is the most intellectual and intelligent and rational thinking of the commentators. Horteng dislikes such qualities and much prefers the frothing ranty nonsense from the likes of Halliwell.
Nesty
I honestly can say I have not detected a stutter from James,. He talks sense.

As regards the game it is obvious there are fitness issues, and in Sam Jones a lack of effort - can we ship him out ?

Don't forget when SC took over he started with two defeats.......

It sounded like we gave a good account of ourselves in the first half, then hit by a goal just after the interval. We won't play many teams like Exeter.
SHANDY VOR
I have never ever detected a stutter from James Young either but if he does have one then Horteng is right to question why he should be commentating. After all, despite him being a right old boffin, you wouldn't let David Blunkett loose in Air Traffic Control. That's not prejudice, its common sense.

However, reading some of Naughty Horty's previous posts I suspect I sense a personal agenda, he doesn't like the press, he sounds like a Republican redneck with all that Fake News fake propogander nonsense. Almost as if the Forest was the deep South, rather than the deep South West, albeit it with more Chantelles than Joleens.

Turning to the football, then looking at your match stats then you should be very encouraged by today even if the result didn't go your way. One nil up away to second in the table, and five shots on target from a team still adjusting to their new manager's way, that's got be acceptable for many fans who would be happy with mid table as being a significant improvement on previous years?

Doesn't it?
heedrobin
Some right dicks on here, all the CTFC commentators are dons, tell a true tale and with passion!
Ralph
He does not have a stutter.
SHANDY VOR
How's your broadband speed out in the rednecks Horty. Maybe the stuttering is buffering?
drgm
Welcome back Shandy!
Nesty
it will be a test of what to expect from MD if there are any repercussions from yesterdays Sam Jones' dismal performance .. In my view he should be shipped back to Shrewsbury or shipped off to Shepton Mallett
Ihearye
if it was as obvious as is being reported, MD should have left him to make his own way home
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Sometimes lack of ability or lack of match fitness can be mistaken for lack of effort. In the majority of cases when fans talk about the latter it is usually one of the former.
Alf
Did you witness his performance?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Alf wrote:Did you witness his performance?
Nope and I wasn’t claiming to - you will see I simply said usually in the majority of cases. Had I witnessed I could comment on the specific player and may draw the conclusion he was not trying. As it is, I will default to the norm which is the comments on here are incorrect.
Alf
Well, in this case, it falls into the minority category. His ability may have been affected by nerves but the way to cover that is to work hard and look busy. He didn’t do either. I wouldn’t write him off at this stage but I think when he looks at his performance he may feel he could have done things differently.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Alf wrote:Well, in this case, it falls into the minority category. His ability may have been affected by nerves but the way to cover that is to work hard and look busy. He didn’t do either. I wouldn’t write him off at this stage but I think when he looks at his performance he may feel he could have done things differently.
As I said, without being there to see it I cannot judge so will go with the balance of probability until I see evidence first hand.