Former Premier League striker

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Set to sign: http://bit.ly/ExperiencedStriker" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I-Love-CTFC
Hardly prolific but could be decent at this level. Scored just twice in 36 games for Burton Albion. Not sure what's receded more, his number of goals or his hairline.
Artemis
Good experience, so someone for Duku, Lloyd and Mooney to learn from.

Barnett and Varney are exactly the sort of experienced pair we've been crying out for, so please let's be positive and not negatively critical about this, shall we chaps?

Rather leaves McAllindon and KLK as the spare parts up front, I guess.
Robin
On the face of it this is a good signing and I would be happy had we signed him over the summer however my concern is now more the overall size of the squad and how much money we are spending.

As for KLK he's not an out and out striker anyway, more an attacking midfielder/winger who plays behind the forwards. Definitely spells the end for Liam McAlinden though who must surely go down as one of the most odd signings ever given he was offered a two year contract and was never likely to be near the first team. I would also imagine Jones will join him in the freezer and won't get much of a look in until his loan ends in January. If correct he seemingly becomes another panic signing.

Also I would hope this now means George Lloyd can get out on loan to a decent standard as he's unlikely to make the bench now.
CTFC03
Great signing for us, I would hope if Lloyd does go out on loan that he goes to a club in the National League preferably in the top half and not to just any club below the conference for the sake of minutes, he needs to be tested and has shown he's got the ability and has delivered when called upon so far which is a massive credit to him, so he either needs to be playing here or in the National League this season.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Got a record number of other teams in the headline there. Ad men must be pleased.
Ihearye
With you there Robin. He can only be an improvement on the L McA situation, alarm bells should have gone off on the board when that contract was being discussed
Lr
Ets just hope his fitness levels are good and he gets into the action asap. No reason to think he can't do a decent job at this level. Right now, decent is what we need
Jon Palmer
Confirmed: http://bit.ly/VarneySigns" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ihearye
interesting that his fitness levels were better than the others playing ......
itsallbollox
Ihearye wrote:interesting that his fitness levels were better than the others playing ......
Maybe we should spend a bit more on someone who can get the rest of the teams fitness levels up.
Ihearye
Certainly merits a look. Was reading on an Irish rugby site, that ulster rugby were concerned about the amount of injuries their players were picking up. Result being over the summer the entire fitness and conditioning team were shipped out
Ralph
Really happy about this. Just what we wanted
Robin
Looks like Sam Jones is in the freezer then given Jon doesn't even list him (or McAlinden) as a primary attacking option.
Sprout Picker
This must be a big freezer that we have. :lol:
little mo
Happy Birthday Luke, and welcome to CTFC. :)