Lincoln players

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Robin
Without doubt what the Cowleys have achieved at Lincoln is unprecedented and amazing but the blatant cheating and play acting that goes with it is disgraceful. Today their player dropped to the ground, rolling around with minimal and often no contact. As soon as they took the lead they would kick the ball away at set plays and throw ins, when our player commits a foul they surround the ref trying to get them booked. Same antics we saw at Braintree too.
Lord Elpuz
Until VAR is introduced across the board at pro soccer games, this form of ‘win at all cost’ style of football will prevail unless the officials are right on the game and are prepared to stamp it out altogether. Unfortunately in lower league soccer you get very poor officials and managers/coaches like the Cowley’s who will use every trick in the book to gain an advantage. It’s not about true gamesmanship any longer - they’ve shifted the rules to suit their ambition.
SHANDY VOR
Playing dirty earns you 5 points a season. It ain't right and I don't agree with it but I can understand why it happens.

Humans are vile loathable creatures.
horlickfanclub
The referee missed blatant pushing by their defenders. His positioning was poor and cleverly exploited by Cowley and his pupils. I'm pragmatic about losing to better teams but it does irritate to pay money to watch people cheat. When the enjoyment of watching football fades a bit more because of games like today i will spend my time muck spreading in the garden. The smell will be sweeter.
kiaora84
Respect to the Cowley cretins for what they are achieving, however their touchline antics are up there with Evans and Raynors.
Ihearye
was walking in front of a Lincoln supporter and his young son on way up prestbury road. His general conversation was around the lines of "CTFC are real supporters, their crowd size does not vary much no matter what level of football they are playing. When we(Lincoln), go back to our old days , and we will. The plastic supporters we have now will vanish and we will be back down to the samll support we used to have
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:was walking in front of a Lincoln supporter and his young son on way up prestbury road. His general conversation was around the lines of "CTFC are real supporters, their crowd size does not vary much no matter what level of football they are playing. When we(Lincoln), go back to our old days , and we will. The plastic supporters we have now will vanish and we will be back down to the samll support we used to have
Nice to hear but I would rather get 7,000 every week!
Robin
I wish that was true but we've lost about 1500 fans over the last 5-6 years sadly. In that time Lincoln have gone from smaller or at least comparable gates to much bigger than ours.
vickeryc
Robin wrote:I wish that was true but we've lost about 1500 fans over the last 5-6 years sadly. In that time Lincoln have gone from smaller or at least comparable gates to much bigger than ours.
That's incorrect, Robin. Our average attendance in 2012/13 was 2,869 compared with 2,817 so far this season, which is barely no difference. It bears out what iyearye overheard and what we all know to be correct. That is, all things being equal, fans will be attracted by success, but the 'hangers on' will quickly evaporate shortly after that success disappears, leaving the club to survive off its core support.
Shade
I've always felt a bit of a bond with Lincoln supporters (the long-termers, anyway). Probably something to do with our mutual love of Grimsby. Always remember several of them staying behind and applauding when we received the NL trophy a few years ago as well.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:I've always felt a bit of a bond with Lincoln supporters (the long-termers, anyway). Probably something to do with our mutual love of Grimsby. Always remember several of them staying behind and applauding when we received the NL trophy a few years ago as well.
Me too, though mainly from them also being from a location of high architectural quality and splendour - a small band of brothers amongst the blandness and grot of most L2 towns and cities.
everyman
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Shade wrote:I've always felt a bit of a bond with Lincoln supporters (the long-termers, anyway). Probably something to do with our mutual love of Grimsby. Always remember several of them staying behind and applauding when we received the NL trophy a few years ago as well.
Me too, though mainly from them also being from a location of high architectural quality and splendour - a small band of brothers amongst the blandness and grot of most L2 towns and cities.
A good bunch of "Imps" in the Kemble before the game,very decent group of people.