Yeovil at home postponed, 13th Oct

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
Our home game has been postponed because they've got 3 players called up to international squads and asked for the PP.

Gonna have to find something else to do...annoyingly for me, that means tonight is my last home game for a month and a day as I can't go to the game on the 27th :cry: We better bloody win tonight!
leohoenig
13th October is the annually designated "Non-League Day".
So look out for a good non-League game.

Its more annoying for me, as it means the only home games I will see before Christmas are the silly cup on November 13th, and possibly cup action the previous Saturday
Lord Elpuz
Not such a bad thing. Perhaps we will be in much better form than them by the time the game is rearranged.
Artemis
Blimey, that Yeovil have three internationals on their books is the standout point from that postponement!
Another_FoD_Robin
Excuse my ignorance but I cannot fathom how having three international players warrants a postponement?

I cannot see that the FA will allow it if three of your first choice eleven are poorly or stuck by injury the same rule applies?

It’s insane!! I see the York game in Conference North was postponed the other week due to the same reason on the same day the Mansfield game was called off.....
vickeryc
Another_FoD_Robin wrote:Excuse my ignorance but I cannot fathom how having three international players warrants a postponement?

I cannot see that the FA will allow it if three of your first choice eleven are poorly or stuck by injury the same rule applies?

It’s insane!! I see the York game in Conference North was postponed the other week due to the same reason on the same day the Mansfield game was called off.....
Good point. It's different if all league fixtures are postponed, as happens with Premiership and Championship clubs when international matches are being played.
Another_FoD_Robin
What’s the point in having a ‘squad’ if you don’t untilise ir? Mansfield and Yeovil as well as some championship and premier league clubs could actually use it!

Personally I think it’s insane....
Shade
Because it's a bit unfair if your three best players are all missing just because somebody else wants them that weekend. How would we feel if Mullins, Varney and Maddox just got taken away from us for a game, especially when clubs with only 1 or 2 players missing in the Premier League or Championship have got all of their games called for the exact same reason? There's no point calling all L1 & L2 games off because not many teams have that many internationals.
vickeryc
Shade wrote:Because it's a bit unfair if your three best players are all missing just because somebody else wants them that weekend. How would we feel if Mullins, Varney and Maddox just got taken away from us for a game, especially when clubs with only 1 or 2 players missing in the Premier League or Championship have got all of their games called for the exact same reason? There's no point calling all L1 & L2 games off because not many teams have that many internationals.
That's a fair point. However, it raises the issue of how many players justify a postponement. Imagine if a player like Mo was called-up and he was your only international. The impact of his loss could well be greater than three players; in which case there could be an argument for postponement if a club were deprived of any player.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Long and Hussey will have more time to get fit. Same for Varney, Barnett and Clements.

Much better chance of beating Yeovil in the re-arranged fixture so a good postponement imo.
Shade
vickeryc wrote:
Shade wrote:Because it's a bit unfair if your three best players are all missing just because somebody else wants them that weekend. How would we feel if Mullins, Varney and Maddox just got taken away from us for a game, especially when clubs with only 1 or 2 players missing in the Premier League or Championship have got all of their games called for the exact same reason? There's no point calling all L1 & L2 games off because not many teams have that many internationals.
That's a fair point. However, it raises the issue of how many players justify a postponement. Imagine if a player like Mo was called-up and he was your only international. The impact of his loss could well be greater than three players; in which case there could be an argument for postponement if a club were deprived of any player.
True. But I guess the FA sees it that a club should be able to cover your 2 best players being out but 3 is too many. It is over 25% of the first team.
horlickfanclub
More of an advantage to Yeovil who have seven injured at the moment.