Cheltenham Town v Morecambe

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Team news, live updates and video reaction all here this evening: http://bit.ly/vMorecambeHome" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Red Duke
I have paid my 10 quid to watch the game on ifollow. Let's hope for a better result than the last time I did it (against FGR).
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I will be joining you RD.

Hopefully James Young and not Halliwell. Is it published in advance who the commentators are?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Watching online. Good coverage and good view.

Away end empty. C&G looks a reasonable turn out.

We cannot pass the ball. Attacking passing is absolutely dire.
Ihearye
Am I the only person whose heart sinks every time Forster croses the half way line?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:Am I the only person whose heart sinks every time Forster croses the half way line?
No - everyone I think.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Fair play Cranston. A fast and direct piece of play - something we are severely lacking. Our walking football attacking with no passing or moving is dire.

Looking relegation candidates so far.
Ihearye
Dawson looks to pass back at every opportunity
Artemis
And Varney scores (during a commentary power outage, naturally)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Artemis wrote:And Varney scores (during a commentary power outage, naturally)
Luckily the video didn’t cut out so I could watch it in silence at least.
Artemis
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Is that through the iPlayer UK feed, without a VPN, RCS?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Artemis wrote:
Is that through the iPlayer UK feed, without a VPN, RCS?
Yes, as has been the case for a month or two, midweek games are available in the U.K. on iFollow if no Prem, and weekend games if no Prem (eg last international break).

I don’t subscribe, just pay ten quid a go for a match pass.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Fecking bum bags. Had to score that pen.
Ihearye
Sorry, I just don't enjoy this any more. It is a waste of 90 minutes of my life
kiaora84
Relegation battle ahead
Alf
Barnett should stick to winning the ball in the air and leave the penalties to someone who can hit the back of the net. We just cannot afford to squander gifts like penalties. Should have put his foot through it. I despair. That should have been the moment that put us back in the game and give us a platform to go on and win. Poor decision making.
Last edited by Alf on 02 Oct 2018, 20:30, edited 1 time in total.
Artemis
It seems video is only available with a match pass, not a subscription......or am I missing something?!
Artemis
But in hindsight, pleased I'm not able to watch this ineptitude. That Barnett pen had Brian Graham written all over it.
Ihearye
It takes a special bunch of vvankers to make morcambe look even average! 82 mins and for first time in 32 years, off home
Benctfc
There can't have been worse team to watch in the last 2 or 3 years in the football league.
Artemis
I'll say it first, he's clearly incapable, not even a new manager bounce like everyone else gets......

"Duff out"
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Artemis wrote:It seems video is only available with a match pass, not a subscription......or am I missing something?!
Maybe - I use a match pass so couldn’t tell you. Tortuous viewing.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Artemis wrote:But in hindsight, pleased I'm not able to watch this ineptitude. That Barnett pen had Brian Graham written all over it.
More like Dawson in the first game?
kiaora84
2 points dropped
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:It takes a special bunch of vvankers to make morcambe look even average! 82 mins and for first time in 32 years, off home
Morecambe have been comfortable this half. Despite struggling to keep possession or keep it on play.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Varney! Great hoof by Flinders!
Ihearye
No you are probably right just the continious drip drip of shyte we have had to put up with over the last few years. Feel sorry for Duff, GJ has left us with. The result of continious poor recruitment. I am in no doubt blame is his. You look at what he signed during yet another p!## poor summer and how many would other teams come in for. From the roar I take it we just scored. Do I regret leaving. No all up when we need a late home goal to get a home point from a bunch of average Daves. Holby can't have been any worse *v
Ihearye
Yeah and that big ejit took the penalty?????!!!!!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:No you are probably right just the continious drip drip of shyte we have had to put up with over the last few years. Feel sorry for Duff, GJ has left us with. The result of continious poor recruitment. I am in no doubt blame is his. You look at what he signed during yet another p!## poor summer and how many would other teams come in for. From the roar I take it we just scored. Do I regret leaving. No all up when we need a late home goal to get a home point from a bunch of average Daves. Holby can't have been any worse *v
They all count, but you won’t see (or miss) many worse goals.
Horteng
What a c!#p result.

Rapidly loosing interest in this season already
Red Duke
Artemis wrote:It seems video is only available with a match pass, not a subscription......or am I missing something?!
Maybe - I use a match pass so couldn’t tell you. Tortuous viewing.
The UK Subscription gives you commentary tor every game. You pay £10.00 on a one-off basis for each game when there is a video stream is allowed to be shown in the UK.
longmover
The amount of mistakes made by CTFC players this evening was inexcusable, just embarrassing.
Artemis
Thank you Red Duke.
Nham68
i only arrived at half time .
Thought we looked tidy on the ball and are trying to play it . Some spells of possession that were good, some nice moves,
When Hussey came on we looked much better . The better side I’d say, gave us an outlet.

Penalty miss was a hammer blow and killed the confidence.

Thought we worked the ball into many dangerous positions but didn’t use it. Most crosses were nice floaters .. bread and butter to Roche . Don’t we practice zipping the ball in from an angle on the practice pitches ?

I’m not as pessimistic as the rest .. Morecambe are no pushovers.

Last season the complaints were that we only played a hit n hoof game .. now we try to play on the ground, do folks expect to see Match of the day quality ?

Need to give Duff more time and support the club ...
Benctfc
Well I saw it as pretty similar too pretty much every home game this season. Look at the results it seems when we come up against a decent side we get well beat but when we play teams equally as poor as us we seem to scrape a point.

I don't think I can remember such a slow and lethagic team. They try hard but they just dont have the skill. There were times when their full backs were able to run the length of the pitch as our team were too slow to follow them. The midfield is ponderous Clements was steady but has no drive and Atangana continuesly gives the ball away I would like to see him dropped and Maddox moved into the centre. Dawson has no end product and Barnett can't buy a goal (Surely the experienced Varney should be taking that pen). From what I have seen so far we have four players who will be massive in keeping us up and that is Flinders,Hussey,Mullins and Varney any long term injuries to these and I think we will be right in the s#!t as the replacements are no where near good enough in their positions.