Cranston

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

vickeryc
Jordan has managed to score just two goals in his entire career, both against us! There was that great free kick for Gateshead and the goal for Morecambe last night. Yet, in his 75 appearances for the Robins, he never scored once!

Also of note last night, Luke Varney managed to become our joint top scorer for the season in his first start!
Horteng
Took his goal really well on Tuesday. Credit where its due
vickeryc
I agree. He gave Flinders no chance.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
What JC showed was that pace and direct running can bring rewards. Contrast his fast run for the goal with our walking pace attacks.
vickeryc
Again, fair point, although Broom has generally been an exception. Besides this, the biggest fault (for me) with our home performances to date has been our slowness in closing down the opposition. I can't believe either of these concerns are tactical - rather related to fitness issues.
everyman
vickeryc wrote:Again, fair point, although Broom has generally been an exception. Besides this, the biggest fault (for me) with our home performances to date has been our slowness in closing down the opposition. I can't believe either of these concerns are tactical - rather related to fitness issues.
Also confidence(lack of)has to be a factor,they play with fear of making mistakes consequently caught in two minds instead of being positive.