Trust AGM

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

leohoenig
I have received this e-mail today
If anyone on here is a trust member and not received it, then please contact the trust and it will be corrected
To see the agenda, or for the trust contact form, use the Robins Trust link at the top of this page

DATE: Thursday, October 18, 2018 at the Johnny-Rocks Stadium.
TIME: 7.30pm start.

Download a copy of the Agenda

Dear Leo,

Please find here the agenda for our 2018 Annual General Meeting to be held on October 18 at the Jonny-Rocks Stadium.

At the meeting we will give you an update on an eventful year for the Trust, receive our accounts for the past 12 months and ratify our recent election process.

We recently confirmed that due to the number of available places on the board being greater than the number of applications that there would be no formal election at the AGM.
Therefore, Dave Beesley, Leo Hoenig and Nathan Mattick were duly elected to serve for another two-year term on the Trust board.

Following the business part of the evening, we are thrilled to announce that Cheltenham Town manager Michael Duff and chairman Andy Wilcox will be attending an open forum.
This is the first chance for fans to meet and chat to both the new chairman and manager and we hope this will prove to be a valuable exercise in bringing the club and fans closer.

The meeting and forum is open to both Trust members and non-members, although only Trust members will be allowed to speak during the formal business of the evening prior to the forum.
Finally, the Trust board would like to thank you for your continued support.

Yours faithfully,
Dave Beesley
Fan Elected Director and Acting Trust Chairman.
andgarod
Dont forget this opportunity to ask questions and hear answers from the new regime

Last time comments about recruitment in Bristol, why we should by a season ticket and I am better qualified to run a team/club than you

Will we hear anything new ?
kiaora84
Club have just tweeted to say the new chairman is now unavailable due to business commitments :lol: absolutely pi$$ poor from him.
longmover
kiaora84 wrote:Club have just tweeted to say the new chairman is now unavailable due to business commitments :lol: absolutely pi$$ poor from him.
Not good enough :roll:

If he can't be bothered why should anyone else.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Re-arrange the whole event. If it goes ahead without him there won’t be a Q&A til next year.

I wonder if involved in the emergency repairs on GWR after recent events?
horlickfanclub
If he can't make it because of work so be it. The Manager and Elected Director will be there.
I-Love-CTFC
Absolute joke. You can see where the chairman's priorities lie. We need someone who's 100% committed not someone who sees it as a hobby.
asl
I-Love-CTFC wrote:Absolute joke. You can see where the chairman's priorities lie. We need someone who's 100% committed not someone who sees it as a hobby.
Not sure whether serious or not...

"Man who runs a business that makes millions and employs (I'm guessing) hundreds, accused of being not fully focused on spending that money."

Hmm...
horlickfanclub
I look forward to I LOVE CTFC offering his free services at the Trust AGM. Our Chairman meanwhile will be taking care of his business without which he would not have the money or knowledge to be Chairman. Being Director of a Div 2 club is a hobby.
I-Love-CTFC
You wouldn't see Paul Baker missing an AGM meeting. It's a chance for fans to ask him questions, the date has been set for a long time, surely he would know it was important for him to attend.
Jerry St Clair
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Re-arrange the whole event. If it goes ahead without him there won’t be a Q&A til next year.
It is first and foremost the Trust AGM, not a fans forum, so I wouldn't cancel just because the chairman can't make it (disappointing as that is).

What's to stop a separate Q&A being arranged at a later date? It doesn't have to wait until the next AGM.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Jerry St Clair wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Re-arrange the whole event. If it goes ahead without him there won’t be a Q&A til next year.
It is first and foremost the Trust AGM, not a fans forum, so I wouldn't cancel just because the chairman can't make it (disappointing as that is).

What's to stop a separate Q&A being arranged at a later date? It doesn't have to wait until the next AGM.
Yes you are correct. My comment was knee jerk and ill-thought.

On an aside, has the Trust ever considered holding the AGM say over lunch before a Saturday match or the evening after the match? I am sure the Club would make a room available.

Asking because those who don’t live locally or have other commitments meaning they can’t make midweek are most likely to be in Cheltenham/WR on matchdays? Maybe a quick email survey of members after the next AGM to ask preferred day for future meetings?
Horteng
kiaora84 wrote:Club have just tweeted to say the new chairman is now unavailable due to business commitments :lol: absolutely pi$$ poor from him.
Our chairman thinks he is bigger than the club

He continues to distance himself from the fans and lacks any form of respect.

Obviously too busy negotiating the next highly profitable rail deal

Come back Paul Baker!!!!!!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Horteng wrote:

Positive comments from PG and MD about AW at the Fans’ Forum.

Nothing wrong with running a successful business - more important in the grand scheme than a fans forum.
paperboy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Horteng wrote:

Positive comments from PG and MD about AW at the Fans’ Forum.

Nothing wrong with running a successful business - more important in the grand scheme than a fans forum.
Well they were hardly going to say anything bad about their boss in public were they. :-)
horlickfanclub
Paperboy needs to swat up on the role of Directors. I don't suppose he would make that comment in public. Pathetic.
Artemis
This just re-enforces the good fortune the club had to have PB as chairman for so many years.
I don't think AW is doing anything abolutely wrong, it's just that in comparison to PB is not the same.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Artemis wrote:This just re-enforces the good fortune the club had to have PB as chairman for so many years.
I don't think AW is doing anything abolutely wrong, it's just that in comparison to PB is not the same.
As PG pointed out, PB pretty much only worked and did business in/from Cheltenham, whereas AW operates nationally a lot more. In terms of losing the Little Old Cheltenham tag and building national profile / broadening horizons this is a good thing imo.
paperboy
horlickfanclub wrote:Paperboy needs to swat up on the role of Directors. I don't suppose he would make that comment in public. Pathetic.
Oh dear Horlick-did you not notice the emoji in my post. :-)
horlickfanclub
What difference does that make Paperboy?
Dave Beesley
Thank you to everybody who came last night. I feel it was a very productive evening, and look forward to hearing more from fellow fans in the future.

I told a few people last night, but if you have anything you would like to discuss, I can be contacted via - fed@robinstrust.org or DM me on https://twitter.com/davebeesley" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or https://twitter.com/robinstrust" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
paperboy
paperboy wrote:
horlickfanclub wrote:Paperboy needs to swat up on the role of Directors. I don't suppose he would make that comment in public. Pathetic.
Oh dear Horlick-did you not notice the emoji in my post. :-)

What difference does that make Paperboy?

Clearly none to someone who who doesn't know that one SWATS a fly, but SWOTS at Uni. :D
horlickfanclub
I was swatting a fly.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
“Did you not see the emoji” is a very weak defence.
plymrob
"I don't think AW is doing anything abolutely..."

Just compounding the brown stuff then.... ?
plymrob
"As PG pointed out, PB pretty much only worked and did business in/from Cheltenham, whereas AW operates nationally a lot more. In terms of losing the Little Old Cheltenham tag and building national profile / broadening horizons this is a good thing imo."

Well no surprise there RCS. Lets just blow with the wind.... Jury out big time this end.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
plymrob wrote:"As PG pointed out, PB pretty much only worked and did business in/from Cheltenham, whereas AW operates nationally a lot more. In terms of losing the Little Old Cheltenham tag and building national profile / broadening horizons this is a good thing imo."

Well no surprise there RCS. Lets just blow with the wind.... Jury out big time this end.
I didn’t say his descison making, communications, and releasing statements only to contradict them two days later is any good or been good for the Club - was purely commenting on attendance at the Forum, not on the whole of his tenure to date.

In my eyes, still some way to go to make up for Checkatrade pricing, the post-Morecambe statement to post-Macclesfield affair, and the lack of comms during the recruitment process. So I agree re: the location of the jury.