Register    Login    Search    FAQ



CTFC.com Official Site Cheltenham Town FC 500 Club

Other Useful Links:     Leo's Blog    Robins Trust    CTFC Chatter    Football Ground Guide    This is Gloucestershire    News Now    CTFC History Site

Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY




Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Big changes in Cheltenhamshire
 Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018, 11:07 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 19960
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
asl wrote:
everyman wrote:
I don`t understand why he has this need to engage with Ctfc.fans on here,it`s an obsession with him.


In all fairness, you could easily argue that it's the other way round... Many posts are created with the deliberate intention of goading him into engaging (not that he needs a lot of encouraging) and there are certainly several on here with an FGR obsession.


When we highlight distasteful practice at other clubs we don’t see their fans coming on and spouting lies. Look at how many managers and owners are discussed when they do bad things. Just coincidence that FGR happen to be a local side at the same time as doing more distasteful things than almost any other team.


Top  Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Big changes in Cheltenhamshire
 Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018, 11:21 
Offline

Joined: 03 Aug 2012, 13:49
Posts: 747
Location: Stroud
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
andgarod wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:

BTW I am extremely grateful to Ihearye for his post. It opened the door for me to put the record straight and clear up any misunderstandings by some on this site that Dale Vince has ever been interested in buying into Cheltenham Town FC. He has not.


Fake news alert


Andgarod,

I note that this is your first post on this thread so you’ve probably not read an earlier post where I corrected the myth that Dale Vince had ever had talks invest – he had not.
DV told me that to my face, so I know it to be true.

Therefore for others to claim otherwise is as you say, FAKE.

I also note that RCS is having difficulty in accepting that one of his pet myths has been destroyed and he is in denial. I recommend that you or somebody else suggest that he contacts Paul Baker and ask him if DV has ever offered to invest in CTFC. I can guarantee that PB will answer NOT.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Big changes in Cheltenhamshire
 Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018, 11:25 
Offline

Joined: 03 Aug 2012, 13:49
Posts: 747
Location: Stroud
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Ralph wrote:

Old Turncoat lying again... tick tock tick.....


Ralph,

After RCS contacts Paul Baker [should he had the bottle to do so] and PB confirms that I have been truthful I expect a full retractment of your erroneous remark and an apology.
You should know by know that I’m always correct and now make sure of that I can back up what I say.
[I did say now and not in some obscure distant past.]


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Big changes in Cheltenhamshire
 Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018, 11:26 
Offline

Joined: 03 Aug 2012, 13:49
Posts: 747
Location: Stroud
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Lord Elpuz wrote:
Mods, this is clearly another inflammatory posting by The Old TomCat, he is deliberately attempting to wind up Cheltenham fan posters and our local Sports Reporter, on our own Forum.

How much longer do we have to put up with his persistent attempts at gloating and ridiculously twisted interpretation of information that he clearly does not understand.

Please can we have this man banned now?


Lord E,

I note with amusement that not only has your wish for me to be banned not been accepted by moderators but they have joined in conversation on this thread.
I have lost count of the number of times you have posted exact same request.
I’ll offer you some sound friendly advice: Give up or you could well be seen as an old grump.
And that’s because you are wrong on so many fronts:

1. I do not deliberately write on this forum to wind-up Cheltenham fans. It is quite the reverse, I only engage when FGR is mentioned.

2. It is not “ridiculously twisted interpretation of information that he clearly does not understand” to make truthful and honest and accurate posts which I have been doing.

3. “Persistent gloating” once again not true although here I can offer you the chance to prove me wrong:

On Saturday Cheltenham are without a game while Northampton and Cambridge have games at home. Should they both win Cheltenham would drop into an automatic relegation spot.
I suspect Cambridge will not beat MK Dons but having home advantage one never knows. Fortunately even a draw would keep Cheltenham out of drop zone.
However anything other than Northampton losing against FGR would put them above Cheltenham.
So when you are listening to the match on BBC Radio Gloucester at 2pm will you be cheering a Northampton victory or a FGR win?
I suspect that you support two teams: Cheltenham and any team that playing FGR and that would be an awful dilemma for you to consider.
I on the other hand want a FGR win which would be good for both Gloucestershire clubs.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Big changes in Cheltenhamshire
 Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018, 11:27 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 19960
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
The Old TomCat wrote:
andgarod wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:

BTW I am extremely grateful to Ihearye for his post. It opened the door for me to put the record straight and clear up any misunderstandings by some on this site that Dale Vince has ever been interested in buying into Cheltenham Town FC. He has not.


Fake news alert


Andgarod,

I note that this is your first post on this thread so you’ve probably not read an earlier post where I corrected the myth that Dale Vince had ever had talks invest – he had not.
DV told me that to my face, so I know it to be true.

Therefore for others to claim otherwise is as you say, FAKE.

I also note that RCS is having difficulty in accepting that one of his pet myths has been destroyed and he is in denial. I recommend that you or somebody else suggest that he contacts Paul Baker and ask him if DV has ever offered to invest in CTFC. I can guarantee that PB will answer NOT.


Just because DV told you to your face does not mean it is true. PB has previously publicly stated that this happened, on the record in media interviews. So not a pet myth of mine but common knowledge.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Big changes in Cheltenhamshire
 Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018, 11:35 
Offline

Joined: 19 May 2015, 19:31
Posts: 625
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Fake news alert[/quote]

Andgarod,

I note that this is your first post on this thread so you’ve probably not read an earlier post where I corrected the myth that Dale Vince had ever had talks invest – he had not.
DV told me that to my face, so I know it to be true.
[/quote]
OTC
Why do you presume that I have not read any of the other posts that is exactly what people find so strange about you
You live in your own little world where you make the facts fit the story

So can you tell us what position you hold that means Mr Vince will tell you his commercial interests
If you are much of a pain to him as you are on here then you deserved to be misdirected
Exactly what question did you ask Mr Vince and what did he say exactly?

So lets hear you spin the question just like the answer

just tell the truth even if it hurts


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Big changes in Cheltenhamshire
 Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018, 13:18 
Offline

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 10:37
Posts: 4413
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 2 times
The Old TomCat wrote:
DV told me that to my face, so I know it to be true.


No, you don't. You know that to be what DV told you. q.v. my earlier analogy with Putin.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Big changes in Cheltenhamshire
 Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018, 14:50 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 05 Jan 2018, 09:08
Posts: 645
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Very easy answer to all this OTC. Merely ask DV to email you his position on the subject, then you can quote him verbatim on here. After that, the courts could decide ? Justice can then be seen to be done as per Ashers

Now, put up or shut up you tiresome oaf.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Big changes in Cheltenhamshire
 Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018, 15:41 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:26
Posts: 12002
Location: The Death Star.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
I believe OTC, what he states can be backed up.
Ignore the haters OTC and I like your new hat.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Big changes in Cheltenhamshire
 Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018, 17:07 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 19960
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Malabus wrote:
I believe OTC, what he states can be backed up.
Ignore the haters OTC and I like your new hat.


Thanks Mal - all the proof we need is when believing OTC is the reserve of flat earthers and moon landing sceptics and Holocaust deniers.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Big changes in Cheltenhamshire
 Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018, 17:13 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 20:35
Posts: 463
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Malabus wrote:
I believe OTC, what he states can be backed up.
Ignore the haters OTC and I like your new hat.


For the Good Lord’s sake Malabus, don’t encourage him. He needs to be destroyed before he can breed.

He has a disorder where he cannot countenance being proven wrong and he must have the last word in order to evince himself of his own sham veracity. “Evince” being the operative word here as he has been totally evinced by FGR’s owner (pun absolutely intended ;) )


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Big changes in Cheltenhamshire
 Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018, 08:47 
Offline

Joined: 03 Aug 2012, 13:49
Posts: 747
Location: Stroud
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
asl wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
DV told me that to my face, so I know it to be true.


No, you don't. You know that to be what DV told you. q.v. my earlier analogy with Putin.



The reference to Putin was a bit OTT and not really representative of this discussion.
However it shows that I am making progress.
Your and other clearly accept that I spoke directly to Dale Vince therefore Ralph’s claim that I told an untruth can be put to bed. :D

Now accepting that I spoke to DV you then must ask why he was so firm in denying such a conversation ever took place with Paul Baker. [DV says the first time they ever met was in the FGR boardroom last season.]
DV could have said that he was once interested in buying Cheltenham but not any more. He was adamant he had never considered investing into CTFC. DV has nothing to gain or lose by stating anything else but the truth.

I don’t know where this myth arose although RCS claims it has been written up.
The way to resolve the truth of the matter is when he has [or somebody for him] contacts PB and asks him directly if he ever had any conversation with DV about the Stroud businessman buying into CTFC.
I can almost guarantee that PB will not substantiate or confirm myth which I accept has become deeply embedded in Robin’s Nest.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Big changes in Cheltenhamshire
 Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018, 09:02 
Offline

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 10:37
Posts: 4413
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 2 times
I've a sneaking suspicion it was a fan's forum several years ago - and I was there. I'm pretty sure PBs exact words were that they'd had a brief conversation about the possibility of "buying into Cheltenham" (I don't recall any insinuation of a total buy-out) was discussed but PB felt it was "not a good fit" so it went no further.

I'd ask why PB would lie about such a thing but that would mean a question mark and an implication that I have the slightest interest in debating this with you. You have your version of the story; we have ours. In all such things, I suspect the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

For the record, I have NEVER made a pass at Sarah Michelle Gellar so at no point did she ever tell me to go to hell and that she'd not sleep with me if I was the last person on Earth. Can't think why I would lie. (Neatly phrasing to avoid that question mark, again...)


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Big changes in Cheltenhamshire
 Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018, 09:42 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 20:35
Posts: 463
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
The Old TomCat wrote:

... I can almost guarantee that PB will not substantiate or confirm myth which I accept has become deeply embedded in Robin’s Nest.


Can anyone tell me whether there is any legal precedent for accepting “almost guarantee” as a statement of fact?

If not, then I offer that phrase as conclusive proof of Old TomCat’s inane belief that he can convey self-perceived detail as fact.

A piece of advice for Old TomCat: Avoid ever appearing in a court of law as a witness for the prosecution or the defence, as you’d be torn to shreds and ridiculed under cross-examination. I’m less concerned about you appearing as the defendant because the jury would fall asleep out of sheer boredom, and the case would end up being dismissed.

In any of the above scenarios, it would be comedy gold.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Big changes in Cheltenhamshire
 Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018, 17:41 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 19960
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
The Old TomCat wrote:
asl wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
DV told me that to my face, so I know it to be true.


No, you don't. You know that to be what DV told you. q.v. my earlier analogy with Putin.



The reference to Putin was a bit OTT and not really representative of this discussion.
However it shows that I am making progress.
Your and other clearly accept that I spoke directly to Dale Vince therefore Ralph’s claim that I told an untruth can be put to bed. :D

Now accepting that I spoke to DV you then must ask why he was so firm in denying such a conversation ever took place with Paul Baker. [DV says the first time they ever met was in the FGR boardroom last season.]
DV could have said that he was once interested in buying Cheltenham but not any more. He was adamant he had never considered investing into CTFC. DV has nothing to gain or lose by stating anything else but the truth.

I don’t know where this myth arose although RCS claims it has been written up.
The way to resolve the truth of the matter is when he has [or somebody for him] contacts PB and asks him directly if he ever had any conversation with DV about the Stroud businessman buying into CTFC.
I can almost guarantee that PB will not substantiate or confirm myth which I accept has become deeply embedded in Robin’s Nest.


As a hard working Councillor PB knocks on the door of my family home in Cheltenham a couple of times a year, so if by chance I am there at the time, I will ask.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Big changes in Cheltenhamshire
 Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018, 18:46 
Offline

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 10:37
Posts: 4413
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 2 times
I think this is done now. No more purpose in further pissing contents.


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 2 of 2 [ 51 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2




Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hubert Parry and 12 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: