Lee Howells

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Fuller
I see on Jon Palmer's twitter thingy that Lee Howells was 50 yesterday, and what a great player he was for us, and a loyal servant for many years.

What I liked was the pics of Lee and in particular a shot taken during a midweek game in the mid to late '90's under lights before the ground was redeveloped, and was packed.

Those were simply some of the best times ever at Whaddon Road, the rise of our club and the way that everyone pulled together was absolutely fantastic.

Not going too well at the moment we all know, but those memories keep us all going don't they ?

Happy 50th Lee.
Nesty
one of the clubs many true legends. happy birthday young man
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Such a legend, and a very cruel and poignant fact that despite his heroics, breaking his leg and meaning Finnigan signed may well have been the final factor which got us promoted.
asl
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Such a legend, and a very cruel and poignant fact that despite his heroics, breaking his leg and meaning Finnigan signed may well have been the final factor which got us promoted.
Archie was in the form of his life when he suffered that leg-break. While Finners turned out to be a legend in his own right, it took a couple of seasons before he settled in. IMHO, of course...
Artemis
Funny how everyone pulls together when the team is successful on the pitch....just saying.

But they were great great times. And there will be more, if everyone pulls together when it's a bit s#!t.
longmover
ahh the late 90's, good times.
Nesty
Those days in the Dr Martens seem a long time ago now - I remember longing to get back to the Conference. League football wasnt even dreamed about
Artemis
Indeed, just the very prospect of Conference football was enticing. Certainly didn't expect anything more than that. My, how this club has changed.