**EL GLOSICO**

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
In a gentry fashion I like to offer (in advance) my congratulations to FGR; Dale Vince, OTC and giraffe for their win on Saturday.
longmover
Easy there, this could be CTFC's turning point (probably not though)
CTFC03
A game we must simply turn up for or we will get heavily beaten, after watching us against Morecambe I am very worried as a good side that day would have done us on the break in that second half. We've got to turn it up and it has to start now, we need big performances from everybody and not just Luke Varney, no excuses it has to change.
longmover
How many do you reckon we will take? Weather looks good, 600 - 700?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Whilst defeat will be galling, it is expected. Obviously a hammering by four or five would be dreadful, I personally would not consider a regulation one or two goal defeat away at a promotion hunting side a worse result than failure to beat Morecambe at home.
SHANDY VOR
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Whilst defeat will be galling, it is expected. Obviously a hammering by four or five would be dreadful, I personally would not consider a regulation one or two goal defeat away at a promotion hunting side a worse result than failure to beat Morecambe at home.
So you don't think it is worse to get 0 points than 1 point from a game?
Benctfc
Agree with RCS of course you go out to win every match and you want to see 100% effort but losing to teams like FGR away would not be the reason we go down. No one expects us to get anything from the game. As long as the effort is there and we are competetive i will be happy. A repeat performance of the cup game we played there last month will not be acceptable.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Whilst defeat will be galling, it is expected. Obviously a hammering by four or five would be dreadful, I personally would not consider a regulation one or two goal defeat away at a promotion hunting side a worse result than failure to beat Morecambe at home.
So you don't think it is worse to get 0 points than 1 point from a game?
It’s all relative. If we lost 1-0 away at Man City, but only drew at home to Bognor Regis, I would say the second result is more unacceptable than the first, yes.
CTFC03
if we lose by 1 or 2 goals but we've turned up and given it are all then fair enough.
King giraffe iii
Malabus wrote:In a gentry fashion I like to offer (in advance) my congratulations to FGR; Dale Vince, OTC and giraffe for their win on Saturday.
Thanks, but I wouldn't be too gloomy. We're hardly putting sides away with ease and have drawn a lot of games. But that's what happens when you get rid of Doidge without any replacement coming in.
Robin
I can't even bring myself to go at this point, I'll just get angry.
theidlerich
Malabus wrote:In a gentry fashion I like to offer (in advance) my congratulations to FGR; Dale Vince, OTC and giraffe for their win on Saturday.

You've seen OTC's prediction and analysis.........hmmm!
Ihearye
**El 5hitico**

If I see that over hyped nonsensical tag once more, I will chuck
The Old TomCat
theidlerich wrote:

You've seen OTC's prediction and analysis.........hmmm!
Since posting my forecast I've becoming a little less bullish of a FGR win.
Been reading both forums and I came across interesting post [here] that since MD took up appointment he has had a tough set of fixtures against teams in promotion zone.
It could well be that Cheltenham are in a false position and will start to come good with that extra week's rest.
And of course Cheltenham have a slight advantage because MD is a new manager with no track record that Mark Cooper can work on.
ElGlosico games always bring out the best in players from both teams but I still believe it will be a FGR home win. Perhaps with one goal in it but not more.
Robin
Bring out the best of both teams are you serious? The lack of performance at home last season was shocking, no effort from our lads back in April.
Nesty
Ihearye wrote:**El 5hitico**

totally agree , its like calling a game of poo sticks the f******** University Boat Race
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Bring out the best of both teams are you serious? The lack of performance at home last season was shocking, no effort from our lads back in April.
As many said, Gary should have been sacked then.
horlickfanclub
One of the best Managers in the Division according to the then Chairman.
Si Robin
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Robin wrote:Bring out the best of both teams are you serious? The lack of performance at home last season was shocking, no effort from our lads back in April.
As many said, Gary should have been sacked then.
The performance was worse than the Coventry one - at least then we were playing a decent team. FGR were there for the taking in April and we let them do what they wanted. No excuse for that in any game, regardless of the perceived rivalry. It was the game that turned me on Gary Johnson, and many others I'm sure.

As for this week - I'm struggling to give a toss, I really am. Evening plans mean I couldn't go if I wanted to, but I'm not sure I even want to.
theidlerich
Nesty wrote:

totally agree , its like calling a game of poo sticks the f******** University Boat Race

...."the f******** University Boat Race" .... inadvertently saw that once, whilst watching Fulham and Man U; the incomparable G Best Esq was playing. Wondered what all the fuss behind was, pondered at least 20 seconds before turning back to watch the 'masters' at work!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
theidlerich wrote:
Nesty wrote:

...."the f******** University Boat Race" .... inadvertently saw that once, whilst watching Fulham and Man U; the incomparable G Best Esq was playing. Wondered what all the fuss behind was, pondered at least 20 seconds before turning back to watch the 'masters' at work!
Great view from Craven Cottage.
Robin
That's how I feel, the atmosphere is not existent for a so-called rivalry. I expect us to lose given how poor recent performances have been and I will only get angry and frustrated.
Malabus
Just to note the original post was an act of reverse psychology.
I will be eagerly awaiting the result of my experiment on Saturday.
Shade
I've been up there for the last two league games but I won't be this year. My mate can't go so I have very little compulsion to go on my own, knowing the ground/hassle of it and our run of form. Saying that, we could get stuffed or this could be the turning point for our season. I certainly feel that all three results are possible.

I might have changed my mind on the day but as it's all ticket I certainly won't be going.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Duff must send them out pumped up. I would happily end the game with ten or even nine men if it means the fight was there. The sprout Winchester must be crushed.
Sprout Picker
Shade wrote:I've been up there for the last two league games but I won't be this year. My mate can't go so I have very little compulsion to go on my own, knowing the ground/hassle of it and our run of form. Saying that, we could get stuffed or this could be the turning point for our season. I certainly feel that all three results are possible.

I might have changed my mind on the day but as it's all ticket I certainly won't be going.
Pretty much my thoughts Shade. Can't be arsed to drive all the way into Cheltenham to get a ticket in advance to have to stand in that crappy terrace down the side.
Robin
Alternatively you could go in the home areas, I doubt there will be more than 2500 home fans and even that seems generous.
London Exile
Working in Stroud and with some of my customers being FGR fans I’m only going so I can comment having witnessed first hand our inevitable defeat.
Hoping we put up a decent fight to take something into the Oldham game.
paperboy
Sprout Picker wrote:
Shade wrote:I've been up there for the last two league games but I won't be this year. My mate can't go so I have very little compulsion to go on my own, knowing the ground/hassle of it and our run of form. Saying that, we could get stuffed or this could be the turning point for our season. I certainly feel that all three results are possible.

Pretty much my thoughts Shade. Can't be arsed to drive all the way into Cheltenham to get a ticket in advance to have to stand in that crappy terrace down the side.
Some of the away terrace now has seating and a roof.
Robin
Seating and roof segment is sold out though.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Seating and roof segment is sold out though.
Cheltenham fans sit or stand where they like at TNL. Always has been and always will be the case, despite quizzes on the door and threats of arrest.

Don’t forget your library cards. Anything more than a whisper and you might be banned: http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 38484c17fb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
theidlerich
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Robin wrote:Seating and roof segment is sold out though.
Cheltenham fans sit or stand where they like at TNL. Always has been and always will be the case, despite quizzes on the door and threats of arrest.

Don’t forget your library cards. Anything more than a whisper and you might be banned: http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 38484c17fb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Did you pick up the article by John Light in the Stroud News & J re the behaviour of CTFC fans! Poor, there always will be some idiots sans brains causing hazzle amongst fans of any team [these should be better routed out and banned for a considerable time - ie report to a Police station Saturdays at 3pm - although difficult to find one these days..]. But to allude to CTFC fans being disgracefuul behaved is nonsense; agree with the sentiment foul language though - that certainly does not have a place in a pleasant society.
Surprised at John L though; his articles are usually more measured; disappointing.
[I'm sure OTC would have something to say on this??]
everyman
In response to Dale vince`s latest publicity stunt(he may sue the government for using his green union flag) I would love to see as many proper union flags in the CTFC.Section on sat.
everyman
everyman wrote:In response to Dale vince`s latest publicity stunt(he may sue the government for using his green union flag) I would love to see many proper union flags in the CTFC.Section on sat.
MittonRobin
I have no idea why I am going to put myself through this again. Only one result going to happen for me and Yes it will hurt. I will be there though :cry: :cry: