**EL GLOSICO**

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

paperboy
MittonRobin wrote:I have no idea why I am going to put myself through this again. Only one result going to happen for me and Yes it will hurt. I will be there though :cry: :cry:
Be optimistic.!

FGR have won only four league matches out of thirteen this season.
Mind you we've only won two out of twelve,but a draw is favourite.
Shade
I can only see that not having had a game for two weeks is a positive going in to this game. Given MD some proper time without having to plan for a game to get his ideas into the players in the first week.
The Old TomCat
theidlerich wrote: [I'm sure OTC would have something to say on this??]
I re-read John's article and he only mentions the anti-FGR chant that Cheltenham have been singing for a few years.
But FGR now have their own anti-Cheltenham chant so I will not criticize anybody for bad language.
John is a senior citizen and married to a vicar. He therefore almost assuredly has old fashioned standards. Besides it was written up in the local Stroud newspaper.

Up until this week I was unaware of any banning orders. I sit in middle of East Stand so anything amiss in South Stand I will not know about. I agree with John that the last home game was appalling quiet which prompted him to write it up in his weekly column.
However two days before ElGlosico the signs are that it will be a full house, and if so I bet there will be plenty of noisy inter-club banter by both sets of supporters.
Shade
Did he mention the song FGR fans sang several times last year about the party that they'll have when Gary Johnson dies? Or the trouble that FGR "yoof" caused in Cheltenham last season before, and during, the game at Whaddon Road?
Artemis
It surely won't be a full house. Stale Mince won't give us the whole open terrace just in case we make more noise than the senior citizens and under-nourished FGR mob. So therefore no full house.
Jerry St Clair
theidlerich wrote: Did you pick up the article by John Light in the Stroud News & J re the behaviour of CTFC fans!
Anyone who complains about swearing at a football match loses all credibility instantly.
longmover
600(ish) sold when I got my tickets today
Lord Elpuz
The Old TomCat wrote: Since posting my forecast I've becoming a little less bullish of a FGR win.
Been reading both forums and I came across interesting post [here] that since MD took up appointment he has had a tough set of fixtures against teams in promotion zone.
It could well be that Cheltenham are in a false position and will start to come good with that extra week's rest.
And of course Cheltenham have a slight advantage because MD is a new manager with no track record that Mark Cooper can work on.
ElGlosico games always bring out the best in players from both teams but I still believe it will be a FGR home win. Perhaps with one goal in it but not more.
Laughable, pseudo-amenable and patronising sentiment as per usual by OTC. He hasn’t adjusted his 3-1 prediction on the FGR Forum (he plays a silly little ‘joker’ to cement his prediction) where he also shows his true disdain for Cheltenham by really playing up to his own kind with a barrage of poor taste jokes again this week aimed at Cheltenham Town and the IQ of our fans. His comments on that forum show that he’s terrified of losing to Cheltenham this weekend, as he desperately grasps at any kind of ‘positive’ to convince himself of the outcome of the game in FGRs favour before the game has kicked off, even quoting from the Mike Duff assessment of FGR at Northampton. OTC is clearly trying to get himself off by drooling over every snippet he can find about FGRs false position.

Well, I’m going to spoil your dream OTC. I think FGR are there for the taking. The goals are drying up, they struggle to maintain a lead, they cannot sustain their game over 90 minutes and they now know they can be beaten. There is the stat that Cheltenham have not won at TNL and have not beaten FGR in 20 years - and all records come crashing down at some point. So, Cheltenham’s season is about to get up and running and I am delighted that you are going to be there to witness it. Cheltenham will beat FGR this weekend.
Si Robin
Lord Elpuz wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote: Since posting my forecast I've becoming a little less bullish of a FGR win.
Been reading both forums and I came across interesting post [here] that since MD took up appointment he has had a tough set of fixtures against teams in promotion zone.
It could well be that Cheltenham are in a false position and will start to come good with that extra week's rest.
And of course Cheltenham have a slight advantage because MD is a new manager with no track record that Mark Cooper can work on.
ElGlosico games always bring out the best in players from both teams but I still believe it will be a FGR home win. Perhaps with one goal in it but not more.
Laughable, pseudo-amenable and patronising sentiment as per usual by OTC. He hasn’t adjusted his 3-1 prediction on the FGR Forum (he plays a silly little ‘joker’ to cement his prediction) where he also shows his true disdain for Cheltenham by really playing up to his own kind with a barrage of poor taste jokes again this week aimed at Cheltenham Town and the IQ of our fans. His comments on that forum show that he’s terrified of losing to Cheltenham this weekend, as he desperately grasps at any kind of ‘positive’ to convince himself of the outcome of the game in FGRs favour before the game has kicked off, even quoting from the Mike Duff assessment of FGR at Northampton. OTC is clearly trying to get himself off by drooling over every snippet he can find about FGRs false position.

Well, I’m going to spoil your dream OTC. I think FGR are there for the taking. The goals are drying up, they struggle to maintain a lead, they cannot sustain their game over 90 minutes and they now know they can be beaten. There is the stat that Cheltenham have not won at TNL and have not beaten FGR in 20 years - and all records come crashing down at some point. So, Cheltenham’s season is about to get up and running and I am delighted that you are going to be there to witness it. Cheltenham will beat FGR this weekend.
I hate stats like this - we didn't play them in a first team game for 16 years.

That's like saying Manchester United haven't beaten Cheltenham in 131 years. Will that record ever be beaten??
Lord Elpuz
Si Robin wrote:
I hate stats like this - we didn't play them in a first team game for 16 years.

That's like saying Manchester United haven't beaten Cheltenham in 131 years. Will that record ever be beaten??
Well, not quite like saying that tbh, because Man Utd are one of a small number of teams that Cheltenham have never played. You’ve got to have had a first game separated by a timespan to the present date, and probably have played at least a handful of games in that timespan for the ‘hated stats’ to be meaningful - otherwise you could rope in teams from all over the world.

Point being with the FGR ‘hated stat’ it’s currently one that they love to brandish, but it will come to an end.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Lord Elpuz wrote:

Fighting Talk.

Hope you are right!
SHANDY VOR
Robin wrote:Alternatively you could go in the home areas, I doubt there will be more than 2500 home fans and even that seems generous.
This might sound like an obvious thing to say but to any Cheltenham fans trying to get access in to the home end, don't forget to leave your cravate and monocle at home.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I see the OTC is having a ball making up awful jokes about Cheltenham. Well, I say making up - it might be a case of asking a six year old to make them up for him such is the lameness.

His jokes feature on all three pages of this thread: http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 2&start=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some early ones not too bad in fairness, but the quality descends rapidly.

An example:

“Q. What is the best export from Cheltenham?
A. The last train out of Cheltenham Spa.”
Ben3
OTC is a Cheltenham town supporter. He’s made that clear, he’s playing with FGR because he’s a new-fangled ‘fan’ <shudder>

FGR are a welcoming club, because most of them support ctfc or gcfc they welcome us in the home ends. Unfortunately Vince is spreading his particular poison to pretend the wealthy are victims, but that’s not the fault of true FGR fans. They’re victims of his folly and he’ll move their club away from the home ground - it’s tragic really. He’s a very angry man

FGR 0 CTFC 3

You heard it here first
Ben3
What’s the best export out of nailsworth?
The second bus

:lol: :lol:

That’s quite witty for me :shock:
Ben3
I can count on the fingers of one hand the six reasons i supports Forest Green rovers
Ben3
This isn’t even FGR related but it’s good

What do you call a man with tree on his head? Edward (head-wood)
What do you call a man with two trees on his head? Edward wood
What do you call a man with three trees on his head? Edward Woodward
What do you call a man with four trees on his head?

I don’t know

But Edward Woodward would
asl
I'm thinking of locking this thread if only to put it out of its misery...
Ben3
Spoil sport

This is the most fun on robins nest since 1997

Ben3, the most fun in Gloucestershire since 1997 TM
Last edited by Ben3 on 19 Oct 2018, 08:08, edited 1 time in total.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:I'm thinking of locking this thread if only to put it out of its misery...
It will be a thread of joy in 32 hours. COYR.
Ben3
Ok, so there’s this bloke right. Or is it my mother in law? No, it’s this Irish Forest Green rovers supporter, right

So this Irish FGR fan walks into a pub in deptford, right, on a Saturday at 3pm. Orders three pints of Guinness, takes them to a table and drinks them one after another. Then gets up and leaves

Does this every Saturday, only time he comes in. After a bit the landlord and locals get to know him, get his pints ready, ask him why he does it.

‘Well’, he tells them, ‘I’ve got two brothers who are FGR fans. One lives in New York, one in Sydney. Wherever we are in the world, 3pm on a Saturday we go to the pub and have a drink, three pints, one for each of us. I raise a glass to them and we have a drink each, we are together no matter the distance’

The landlord and locals love this sentiment and take old FGR to their hearts.

Six months later FGR slopes in looking really dejected. Sad face, drawn, and orders only two pints. Sits at the table looking forlorn and drinks the two very slowly.

Landlord and locals notice. ‘What’s happened?’ They ask each other, nudging to see who will broach the subject. In the end the young Barman goes over to the table.

‘Look’, Young Barman says. ‘We’ve noticed you’ve only got two pints. I speak for all of us here to say condolences if something has happened to one of your btothers’.

The Irish FGR fan looks up sadly and finishes the second Guiness.

‘Ah, my brothers are fine, it’s just I’ve given up the drink’

Here all week
paperboy
asl wrote:I'm thinking of locking this thread if only to put it out of its misery...
Pls act quickly ASL :-)
Artemis
Yes, please don't spare the horses ASL....I can't take any more of this...........I'm losing the will to li..........
Nesty
Ben3 wrote:This isn’t even FGR related but it’s good

What do you call a man with tree on his head? Edward (head-wood)
What do you call a man with two trees on his head? Edward wood
What do you call a man with three trees on his head? Edward Woodward
What do you call a man with four trees on his head?

I don’t know

I knew a man years ago - his name was Edward Ward, so whichever whatever he was Ed Ward

But Edward Woodward would
Shade
If we're not careful we're going to end up with more locked threads than the FGR forum after someone's criticised their chairman or players.
Artemis
This one needs locking for self-preservation, not censorship!
Ben3
Close the thread. Lock it down. You can take our threads but you’ll never take our freedom.

There is method to the madness. Football is meant to be fun. The joy has gone out of it for me, apart from when I coach kids. This site is den of misery and moaning.

Not this supporter, not this Saturday.

What do you call three Forest Green rovers supporters in the same room?

Unusual
Lord Elpuz
Mods, please allow this one, for the sake of balancing up OTCs attack on CTFC fans via FGR Forum:

Two Forest Green Rovers fans, Wurzel & Tom, are on a night out in Cheltenham. They get so drunk, they miss the last bus home. In their quaint country wisdom, they decide to nick a bus to get home to Nailsworth. They stagger to the bus depot and decide that Wurzel will stand guard outside, whilst Tom makes his way in to ‘borrow’ a bus for the journey home. After about 20 minutes, Wurzel is getting twitchy and a tad cold, as Tom hasn’t appeared with a bus. Finally the doors of the depot grind open and out rolls the bus. Wurzel says to Tom, “Where the hell have you been?” Tom replies indignantly, “The Nailsworth bus was right at the back!” Wurzel screams back at him, “You stupid old fool, why didn’t you take the Stroud bus that was at the front, and we could have walked the rest of the way!”
Ben3
There’s his bloke right...or was it my mother in law? No, there’s this bloke right, wants to save the planet by building a wooden football stadium on the greenbelt. I think he’s going to sue the planning department

No, that’s not right

There’s this bloke, right (or is it my mother in law?). No, there’s a bloke, right, orders kits with stars on them to symbolise competitions they may or may not win the future. Kit can’t be delivered. I think he’s going to sue the kit manufacturer

No, that’s not it either

There’s this bloke right - or was it my mother in law - takes the Union Jack and paints it green. He’s going to sue 16th century pirates for flying the flag in the wrong colours

No, no - there’s this bloke right, he’s trying to take on the Stroud subscription rooms - sorry, he can’t, he’s going to sue the Stroud District Council

#fakenews #dontsuemedale
Ben3
I’m not saying Ruben Reid is overweight, but when he wore his Malcolm X t shirt a helicopter tried to land on his back
Ihearye
Lord Elpuz wrote:Mods, please allow this one, for the sake of balancing up OTCs attack on CTFC fans via FGR Forum:

Two Forest Green Rovers fans, Wurzel & Tom, are on a night out in Cheltenham. They get so drunk, they miss the last bus home. In their quaint country wisdom, they decide to nick a bus to get home to Nailsworth. They stagger to the bus depot and decide that Wurzel will stand guard outside, whilst Tom makes his way in to ‘borrow’ a bus for the journey home. After about 20 minutes, Wurzel is getting twitchy and a tad cold, as Tom hasn’t appeared with a bus. Finally the doors of the depot grind open and out rolls the bus. Wurzel says to Tom, “Where the hell have you been?” Tom replies indignantly, “The Nailsworth bus was right at the back!” Wurzel screams back at him, “You stupid old fool, why didn’t you take the Stroud bus that was at the front, and we could have walked the rest of the way!”
FFS close it, or else move it to non footy. Losing the will to live having to sift through all the non football rubbish, to try and find something that has actually got to do with football.
Not much point in having mods if all this 5hit fills up threads????
Ben3
Haha THATS the spirit ihearye. Way to get involved

Mods shut it down, ihearye wants more space to post DUFF OUT threads in his normal confused? manner

I’ll bring it back to football for you confused

I give duff two weeks and if we aren’t European champions then he should be put in the stocks at stow town square
Ben3
To be fair yours was the first genuinely funny post confused.

Self-awareness fail :lol:
Ihearye
Ben3 wrote:Haha THATS the spirit ihearye. Way to get involved

Mods shut it down, ihearye wants more space to post DUFF OUT threads in his normal confused? manner

I’ll bring it back to football for you confused

I give duff two weeks and if we aren’t European champions then he should be put in the stocks at stow town square
More complete bollox.
*sigh
Ben3
I can’t carry on. Too too funny