Ashamed

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ladyrobin
Not my favourite place to visit, but today the FGR stewards and staff were friendly and obliging. I was in the Seated Area and looked down at what I can only call a group of mindless, ignorant people who had the cheek to call themselves Cheltenham football fans. They were not interested in the match, their only objective was to challenge the FGR idiots opposite.
Our so called fans broke the hoarding, abused stewards and then actually swore at our New Manger.
I was ashamed.
theidlerich
If that is correct, one hopes that someone videoed those scenes and passed the results to CTFC management and the Police; hopefully they will be named and shamed and banned for life!
Johnsons Red Army
Not to mention trashed the 'bar' before the match. One of the tables was completely smashed to bits and a second was almost there too.
Johnsons Red Army
theidlerich wrote:If that is correct, one hopes that someone videoed those scenes and passed the results to CTFC management and the Police; hopefully they will be named and shamed and banned for life!
One of the stewards was recording the bar trashing on his phone.
Robin
The atmosphere in the bar was superb before the game, fair play to the fifty or so young lads who were bouncing in there that is what football games should be like. I didn't see any trouble or any advertising broken just people having a good time.
Ben3
The language was disgraceful. I’m not shocked by anything anymore but come on....there were kids on the pitch before the game and they were not immune to being subject to the language.

I wasn’t ashamed but I felt embarrrassed for them....they’ll regret that one day, probably quite soon.

Giving the home fans stick is one thing, giving players stick is one thing, but shouting (forgive me) ‘You fat f#!$ chinky #$£!’ for the whole of the ninety is not ok. Stewards should have been more forceful tbh

And when we play Coventry at home I didn’t see/hear any of it....bully tactics perhaps?
Robin
Must admit I saw no trouble but it seems our lot did kick off according to this at least:
https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/n ... ll-2130835" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Was this in the bar too? https://mobile.twitter.com/KeremUrkun/s ... 68/video/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://mobile.twitter.com/CTFCnant/sta ... 41/video/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattL96/stat ... 68/video/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I spose these creatures are the ones ours battled: https://mobile.twitter.com/SouthStandFG ... 71/photo/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The bar had to be closed after the flares were set off - meaning any of CTFC fans who wanted to get a drink couldn’t.
Johnsons Red Army
The flare(s) was/were set off in the bar just before I arrived, so I was one of the unlucky punters without a drink.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Johnsons Red Army wrote:The flare(s) was/were set off in the bar just before I arrived, so I was one of the unlucky punters without a drink.
Shame a minority ruined it for you.
cheltsaxon
How dare they sing and dance what scumbags!!! To be fair I saw it all I was having a drink in bar the table wasn't smashed it collapsed from them all stood in it wasn't deliberate we are cheltenham fans not Millwall!
Johnsons Red Army
Those kids act like we are Millwall, wannabe hooligans!
Southstander
Sorry but some of your so called fans are an absolute disgrace, setting off flares in Stroud does nothing but scare old ladies on their way to the farmers market and abusing elderly fans on their way up the hill to the ground is just shameful, their only purpose being there was to seemingly to cause trouble and then they bleat on social media about being treated like troublemakers and saying ‘wait until December you ***** ‘ as always this behaviour tarnishes all associated with Cheltenham Town. Hopefully the CCTV will pinpoint these thugs and lead to banning orders or suchlike.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
cheltsaxon wrote:How dare they sing and dance what scumbags!!! To be fair I saw it all I was having a drink in bar the table wasn't smashed it collapsed from them all stood in it wasn't deliberate we are cheltenham fans not Millwall!
I assume it was the flares which caused the bar to close. A lot more dangerous than singing and dancing.

What do you think would happen if one set off flares in Wetherspoons in town? Almost certainly arrested. Just be grateful no one was present with breathing difficulties or an allergy.

Absolute madness setting off flares in a tent full of people, a lot of whom would have no idea it was going to happen. Putting your own fans in danger. Stopping other Cheltenham fans getting drinks. Just stupid, no matter how you spin it.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Southstander wrote:Sorry but some of your so called fans are an absolute disgrace, setting off flares in Stroud does nothing but scare old ladies on their way to the farmers market and abusing elderly fans on their way up the hill to the ground is just shameful, their only purpose being there was to seemingly to cause trouble and then they bleat on social media about being treated like troublemakers and saying ‘wait until December you ***** ‘ as always this behaviour tarnishes all associated with Cheltenham Town. Hopefully the CCTV will pinpoint these thugs and lead to banning orders or suchlike.
Don’t worry, the majority of Cheltenham fans have a) a brain and b) a basic level of respect for other people and condemn the stupid thugs with flares as much as you do.
Benctfc
Have to laugh anyone would think there were hundreds of arrests and riots the way some go on. There were none. Good job you support a club like ours because what happened today happens at most away games for other teams. I would be worried if it was a frequent occurance but its one game a season and being a local derby these things happen.

Quite simple if you don't want to be a part of it just move away from them. People just seem to like to have a moan for the sake of it. At least they try and get some atmosphere going without them our fanbase would be silent home and away.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Benctfc wrote:Have to laugh anyone would think there were hundreds of arrests and riots the way some go on. There were none. Good job you support a club like ours because what happened today happens at most away games for other teams. I would be worried if it was a frequent occurance but its one game a season and being a local derby these things happen.

Quite simple if you don't want to be a part of it just move away from them. People just seem to like to have a moan for the sake of it. At least they try and get some atmosphere going without them our fanbase would be silent home and away.
Say I have just got to the front of the queue in the bar and all of a sudden two flares go off behind me and I am kicked out as the bar closes. You don’t think I would be entitled to be critical?

It is perfectly easy to have a good atmosphere and make a lot of noise without gassing a tent full of your own fans. Or do you genuinely believe that setting off flares in a beer tent is the requirement for a good football atmosphere?
paperboy
Johnsons Red Army wrote:Those kids act like we are Millwall, wannabe hooligans!
Absolutely spot on there JRA
Ben3
paperboy wrote:
The difference is millwall will back it. If these kids go to (for example) Coventry away and behave the same then I’ll eat my hat

Benctfc you are completely missing the point in almost every line of your post. Nobody on this thread has over reacted. What away teams have you been away with to know they do the same - shout at a parent with a toddler on a football pitch that he is <expletive expletive> sex offender? To link this to ‘supporting the team’ is just bonkers

They’ve watched too much YouTube. Their behaviour is not like that of other away teams, rather the videos they see of other idiots
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben3 wrote:
paperboy wrote:
The difference is millwall will back it. If these kids go to (for example) Coventry away and behave the same then I’ll eat my hat

Benctfc you are completely missing the point in almost every line of your post. Nobody on this thread has over reacted. What away teams have you been away with to know they do the same - shout at a parent with a toddler on a football pitch that he is <expletive expletive> sex offender? To link this to ‘supporting the team’ is just bonkers

They’ve watched too much YouTube. Their behaviour is not like that of other away teams, rather the videos they see of other idiots
You mean abusing random people, some who may be supporting the same side of you, before the match starts won’t help encourage the players to play well?

I have been to Millwall home and away; I haven’t seem them try and gas their own fans with flares in a tent, nor have I seen them shout distasteful abuse at mascots or charity fundraisers before games.

Because they aren’t thick pieces of trash.

We need to encourage our away support numbers to increase to help the team. There would have been people going for the first time, or who rarely go, at TNL yesterday. Any of them who were evicted/evacuated from the bar after morons tried to set fire to it and choke their fellow fans aren’t going to be tempted back are they.

If they are like any of teenagers you see on some of the Metro up here on a Friday night, they’ll all have been on some cheap synthetic drug/legal high and pepped up on energy drinks before they even crack open their first beer. A shame, but it’s their own futures they are destroying so meh.
Last edited by RegencyCheltenhamSpa on 21 Oct 2018, 07:51, edited 2 times in total.
Reginald
Bbc Gloucestershire reporting 50 Cheltenham fans fighting in Nailsworth. Appeals for mobile footage.
SHANDY VOR
More Daniel Dyer than Danny Dyer
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:More Daniel Dyer than Danny Dyer
Look at this video here: https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/ ... ef=mr&lp=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don’t know what’s more comical, the sensational headline, the comments from the local witness, or the patheticness of the kids involved. Love to them run home crying if a proper hooligan comes at them with a bar or blade.
Ben3
I wasn’t there but if there were (in reality, not paper-speak) 50 people ‘rioting’ and ‘fighting’ In nailsworth yesterday - if words mean anything anymore - then I’m the archduke Ferdinand
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben3 wrote:I wasn’t there but if there were (in reality, not paper-speak) 50 people ‘rioting’ and ‘fighting’ In nailsworth yesterday - if words mean anything anymore - then I’m the archduke Ferdinand
Being the catalyst for the next World Warwould put Nailsworth on the map. The final spark setting fire to a tinder box world.
Ben3
Haha they must be alarmed by trump getting out of the nukes-agreement then. The world waits with baited breath, somewhere just outside minchinhampton

I’d say they were more Robert dyas than Danny dyer Shandy
longmover
Always makes me chuckle when the 'lads' turn out for fgr but never anyone else :roll:
kiaora84
The local media have been the key player in this, embarrassingly naming it ‘El Glosico’ and fueling the fire with nonisical stories such as this one.
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
SHANDY VOR wrote:More Daniel Dyer than Danny Dyer
Look at this video here: https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/ ... ef=mr&lp=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don’t know what’s more comical, the sensational headline, the comments from the local witness, or the patheticness of the kids involved. Love to them run home crying if a proper hooligan comes at them with a bar or blade.
Has to be said they look like a bunch of vvankers who wouldn't know a riot if they stumbled into the middle of one. Tough on the nappies and thats about it
ctfc-fan
kiaora84 wrote:The local media have been the key player in this, embarrassingly naming it ‘El Glosico’ and fueling the fire with nonisical stories such as this one.
Spot on
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote:
kiaora84 wrote:The local media have been the key player in this, embarrassingly naming it ‘El Glosico’ and fueling the fire with nonisical stories such as this one.
Spot on
I know right, blooming local media, risking setting fire to a tent full of Cheltenham fans by setting off flares.

Let’s get this straight. There are plenty of videos of the flares being set off in the bar tent. Anyone denying it happened and saying it is nonsense is lying and trying to defend the indefensible.
ctfc-fan
ctfc-fan wrote:
Spot on
I know right, blooming local media, risking setting fire to a tent full of Cheltenham fans by setting off flares.

Let’s get this straight. There are plenty of videos of the flares being set off in the bar tent. Anyone denying it happened and saying it is nonsense is lying and trying to defend the indefensible.
I’m more concentrating on the bloody awful naming of the match, El Glosico. Its embarrassing and plain awful.

And also I didn’t say I agreed with what went on, only agreeing that the media fuel things like this with their pathetic misleading headlines.

Think and read properly before you react RCS
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Branding a game El Glosico causes kids to risk choking and burning fellow fans in a bar tent? What a world we live in.

Give over. Yes the “50 rioting” is media nonsense - but then the Echo is a tabloid so is as accurate and daft as as the other local and national tabloids like the Mail, Express, Mirror and the rest, so what do you expect.

But all those kicking off against the tabloid reporting are acting as if nothing happened, when in fact something very serious and with potential danger to other CTFC fans did happen. Be nice if those slagging off the journalists also slagged off those setting off flares in a confined public space.

If you set off flares in a public beer tent you don’t really have a leg to stand on if the local press go to town on you.
Last edited by RegencyCheltenhamSpa on 21 Oct 2018, 14:13, edited 1 time in total.
Robin
ctfc-fan wrote:
Spot on

You did not even go to the game. I managed to have a beer and did not see one flare be let off (granted it may have happened after I left), I did see a smoke bomb let off when the youngsters were singing and dancing but that certainly isn't going to cause a fire and not one person appeared to be concerned. In fact pretty much everyone in there (young/old, male/female) seemed to be having a good time. Noticeably there were around 700 away fans and I've not heard one person at the game express any concern for safety.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:

You did not even go to the game. I managed to have a beer and did not see one flare be let off (granted it may have happened after I left), I did see a smoke bomb let off when the youngsters were singing and dancing but that certainly isn't going to cause a fire and not one person appeared to be concerned. In fact pretty much everyone in there (young/old, male/female) seemed to be having a good time. Noticeably there were around 700 away fans and I've not heard one person at the game express any concern for safety.
I have posted the videos earlier in this thread, where one fan replied saying it happened just before they got there and the bar was closed as a result.

For your benefit, here are the videos again. Looks a great atmosphere with the singing and dancing. No need for the pyros or smoke bombs though. You really are an imbecile if you a) can’t make a good atmosphere without such devices and b) don’t have any sympathy or empathy for those who may be harmed by smoke and incendiaries.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattL96/stat ... 2800339968" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://mobile.twitter.com/CTFCnant/sta ... 5797027841" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://mobile.twitter.com/KeremUrkun/s ... 4087328768" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now get back to watching green street and thinking you are a cool tough guy. If we get Gateshead away in the First Round I’ll tell some of the Geordies that the big man Robin is coming up for ruck, and then see how cool and fun you think you are when you’re bleeding out on the street.
Last edited by RegencyCheltenhamSpa on 21 Oct 2018, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.