CTFC vs Oldham Athletic Away 23rd October 2018

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

theidlerich
CTFC vs Oldham Athletic Away 23rd October 2018

Rollocks or words to that effect. Somehow missed a game entirely; perhaps too much cooking using aluminium utensils!! Apologies to all; with my hurried prediction of a win, OA1 – 2 CTFC with Maddox to prod home first.

(ps I'll leave Saturdays game up so please post on both or either or! Thanks to those who pointed out my omission).
Red Duke
Oldham 1 Robins 2
Away win
Varney
Andy
CTFC win

Oldham 1 - 3 Cheltenham

Varney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
everyman
Any of our "enthusiastic" young fans travelling to the match may meet the Juventus tifosi in a service station near Manchester,do not try to take them on just promote Ctfc.Proudly !
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
everyman wrote:Any of our "enthusiastic" young fans travelling to the match may meet the Juventus tifosi in a service station near Manchester,do not try to take them on just promote Ctfc.Proudly !
Juve will treat our Burberry Brats and Stone Island Stoners with disdain like dirt on a fine leather shoe.
Shade
Are Juve known for having ultras? Thought it was mainly Roma, Lazio and sometime Inter, Milan and Napoli that caused trouble in Italy.
Jerry St Clair
Shade wrote:Are Juve known for having ultras? Thought it was mainly Roma, Lazio and sometime Inter, Milan and Napoli that caused trouble in Italy.
Yes, that's pretty much true.

Having said that, our brave soldiers should probably think twice before trying the same antics on with the tifosi as they did the residents of Nailsworth.
Shade
Well yes, no doubt about that :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Jerry St Clair wrote:
Shade wrote:Are Juve known for having ultras? Thought it was mainly Roma, Lazio and sometime Inter, Milan and Napoli that caused trouble in Italy.
Yes, that's pretty much true.

Having said that, our brave soldiers should probably think twice before trying the same antics on with the tifosi as they did the residents of Nailsworth.
I know someone who had to hide in the toilets at Fiorentina’s ground when they played Juve and the violence prompted a heavy handed police response and lots of tear gas.
Jerry St Clair
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: I know someone who had to hide in the toilets at Fiorentina’s ground when they played Juve and the violence prompted a heavy handed police response and lots of tear gas.
About 20 years ago I went to the Prague derby which was being played on a Monday afternoon at 2pm to try and avert crowd trouble. Apparently it worked as I only saw one water cannon, a few dozen riot police and a minimal amount of tear gas deployed afterwards. Likewise, I returned to the ground and waited in a toilet until the mayhem subsided.