Number 12 vs....

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Who do you want in tonight’s draw?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45916781" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
Any of 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 or 31. Below National League level, at home, and we might make it through. Or Notts County.
Artemis
We'll get Bradford or Lincoln away.....
Jerry St Clair
Away to Maidenhead please.

Anyone who gets Salford away will be guaranteed to be on the telly because of the Class of 92 hype. That'd be a money-spinner so I'm tempted to say that. Obviously we'd get beat though........
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Jerry St Clair wrote:Away to Maidenhead please.

Anyone who gets Salford away will be guaranteed to be on the telly because of the Class of 92 hype. That'd be a money-spinner so I'm tempted to say that. Obviously we'd get beat though........
Be great to wipe the smiles off the BBC faces by beating ‘em.

Maybe our YVF can smoke bomb the wanks at Media City.
Lord Elpuz
We will get Torquay United. It’s written in the stars. Not sure whether it will be home or away, but I feel pretty confident that it will happen.
Ben3
Forest green away :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, does anyone know the rules on how many tickets - including seats - they’d have to offer us in the fa cup?
bigdavejambo
Ben3 wrote:Forest green away :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, does anyone know the rules on how many tickets - including seats - they’d have to offer us in the fa cup?
15% of ground capacity I believe
Jon Palmer
Draw live on BBC Two, but if for any reason you can't watch or miss it, all the details will be here as they happen: http://bit.ly/FACup1stRd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
Honestly don't care who we get there is little glamour or glory in the first two rounds. If however we are going out then I'd like Charlton away as it's the only lower league venue I've not seen us play. If I had to pick I'd prefer Macclesfied at home although I dread to think what the attendance would be.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Honestly don't care who we get there is little glamour or glory in the first two rounds. If however we are going out then I'd like Charlton away as it's the only lower league venue I've not seen us play. If I had to pick I'd prefer Macclesfied at home although I dread to think what the attendance would be.
It is not about glamour or glory, it is about having a winnable game and a good day out with the aim of getting to the third round.
asl
Ebbsfleet.
Johnsons Red Army
Ebbsfleet United (away).

I'll take that.

Surely we will finally beat one of the lower league teams we are meant to beat.
Malabus
Upset on the cards....could be on BBC television.
asl
asl wrote:Ebbsfleet.
Hooray. A club we should beat.

Like Tamworth. And Sutton. And Maidenhead.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
God’s Own Country. Might sample some Medway waters whilst enjoying a weekend in the delightful and picturesque north Kent.
Malabus
asl wrote:
asl wrote:Ebbsfleet.
Hooray. A club we should beat.

Like Tamworth. And Sutton. And Maidenhead.
Maidstone United.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:Upset on the cards....could be on BBC television.
Haringey vs AFC Mediajizzfest the main TV contender imo.

Neville and Scholes’ mob away from home to L1 luckily, so that nauseating prospect less likely.

If we are on TV, I hope there is a four hour feature on Ebbsfleet and North Kent as the living embodiment of a modern enlightenment and renaissance.
Malabus
Money troubles for Ebbsfleet?...pressure on the non-league side.
https://www.ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/steve ... the-fleet/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Robin
There will be at least 3 games on, and with our recent cup record against National League opposition, and few other big ties, then I think there's a strong chance of us being on BBC or BT Sport.

I just hope we actually turn up this time.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:Money troubles for Ebbsfleet?...pressure on the non-league side.
https://www.ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/steve ... the-fleet/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewto ... =3&t=25622" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Robin
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

Neville and Scholes’ mob away from home to L1 luckily, so that nauseating prospect less likely.

If we are on TV, I hope there is a four hour feature on Ebbsfleet and North Kent as the living embodiment of a modern enlightenment and renaissance.
Didn't stop them putting FC United on when they were drawn away to Rochdale - media darlings will always be media darlings - especially as it will be a chance to get everyone's favourite pundit (allegedly) on BBC for a one-off game.

I agree it is less likely, but I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

FWIW - I think the three most likely for tv there are Haringey v AFC Wimbledon (London derby and the aforementioned media jizzfest), Chippenham/Maidenhead v Pompey (non-league v highest ranked club in the pot so far) and Port Vale v Sunderland (Lge 2 team v biggest club in the pot).
Robin
First instinct was well at least that's winnable, second thought was well if we are getting knocked out it will probably be on TV so a bit of extra money. Not sure I can be bothered to drag myself down to Kent (I doubt we will take even 200 given recent form) but I'd have taken that draw thirty minutes ago.

I reckon Wimbledon vs some place I'd never heard of and Met Police vs Newport are certainties for TV so we'll either get the other slot or extended highlights. The other tie in my mind is Port Vale vs Sunderland (they are just too big a draw for BBC not to show them).
Malabus
According to their website, the last time we played Ebbsfleet Utd was in 1996 and we played them 56 times since 1946.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

Didn't stop them putting FC United on when they were drawn away to Rochdale - media darlings will always be media darlings - especially as it will be a chance to get everyone's favourite pundit (allegedly) on BBC for a one-off game.

I agree it is less likely, but I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

FWIW - I think the three most likely for tv there are Haringey v AFC Wimbledon (London derby and the aforementioned media jizzfest), Chippenham/Maidenhead v Pompey (non-league v highest ranked club in the pot so far) and Port Vale v Sunderland (Lge 2 team v biggest club in the pot).
Sunderland and Pompey deffo I would agree. Hopefully it is Chippenham.
Ben3
Oh no, this is the worst possible draw, category A game and the hooligans will be out in force. Two clubs with a horrifying record of violence and thuggery

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/gravesend/ ... all-32019/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lord Elpuz
Ben3 wrote:Oh no, this is the worst possible draw, category A game and the hooligans will be out in force. Two clubs with a horrifying record of violence and thuggery

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/gravesend/ ... all-32019/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fear not, young Ben3 me lad, we have brave boys who will jump on tables, sing vulgar songs and ignite red flares (if they manage to get them off SHANDY in one piece) where they will show their inTENT and frighten off the rampaging hoards of Ebbsfleet ruffians.
Malabus
Lord Elpuz wrote:
Ben3 wrote:Oh no, this is the worst possible draw, category A game and the hooligans will be out in force. Two clubs with a horrifying record of violence and thuggery

Fear not, young Ben3 me lad, we have brave boys who will jump on tables, sing vulgar songs and ignite red flares (if they manage to get them off SHANDY in one piece) where they will show their inTENT and frighten off the rampaging hoards of Ebbsfleet ruffians.
Lets hope there is no replay, being a school night and all that.
SHANDY VOR
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:God’s Own Country. Might sample some Medway waters whilst enjoying a weekend in the delightful and picturesque north Kent.
lol - I wonder if the team will put your other post up as motivation,maybe I'll send it to them.

And Lord E - I really was wearing flares on Saturday, which made the pun so delicious.
CTFC03
Winnable, providing we don't rock up thinking we'll have this done in 20 minutes.
fleetadmiral

Read that closer, my new FA Cup chums, and you'll find those ruffians were Bromley fans. We (Ebbsfleet) don't have any hooligans so violence an thuggery is not really on the menu.
asl
Fleetadmiral - if Ben3's tongue gets any further into his cheek, you'd swear he was trying to swallow a broom handle width-ways.
Shade
CTFC03 wrote:Winnable, providing we don't rock up thinking we'll have this done in 20 minutes.
Like several recent years when we've played lower tiered teams and lost, you mean? I don't reckon Duffo would allow that, but then I thought the same of GJ.
bigdavejambo
Met Police v Newport will be on too id expect. Possibly Alfreton v Fleetwood for the Joey Barton factor.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
CTFC03 wrote:Winnable, providing we don't rock up thinking we'll have this done in 20 minutes.
We will get it done in 20 minutes.