Number 12 vs....

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
Am I right in thinking there are no replays in the FA Cup this season? Straight to extra time and penalties? Bit of a bummer for lower tier clubs looking to hold on for a draw and make money and experiences out of replays, such as Newport who got to go to Wembley.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Am I right in thinking there are no replays in the FA Cup this season? Straight to extra time and penalties? Bit of a bummer for lower tier clubs looking to hold on for a draw and make money and experiences out of replays, such as Newport who got to go to Wembley.
I believe that is only R5 onwards.
Shade
Ah ok. Makes sense for the clubs will likely be left in it by then.
Jerry St Clair
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Shade wrote:Am I right in thinking there are no replays in the FA Cup this season? Straight to extra time and penalties? Bit of a bummer for lower tier clubs looking to hold on for a draw and make money and experiences out of replays, such as Newport who got to go to Wembley.
Quarter finals (or the sixth round as us traditionalists prefer to call it).

Which means that, in practice, only one round will be subject to the no replay rule potentially affecting a lucrative replay. (I don't think Andy Wilcox will be losing any sleep over the prospect!).
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Jerry St Clair wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Quarter finals (or the sixth round as us traditionalists prefer to call it).

Which means that, in practice, only one round will be subject to the no replay rule potentially affecting a lucrative replay. (I don't think Andy Wilcox will be losing any sleep over the prospect!).
Must be next season it is 5th round onwards: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/fa-a ... -rw99jt8xs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Robin
Si Robin wrote: FWIW - I think the three most likely for tv there are Haringey v AFC Wimbledon (London derby and the aforementioned media jizzfest), Chippenham/Maidenhead v Pompey (non-league v highest ranked club in the pot so far) and Port Vale v Sunderland (Lge 2 team v biggest club in the pot).
Called it - the live telly ties:

Friday 9 November 2018
Haringey Borough v AFC Wimbledon (7.55pm)
Live on BBC Two

Saturday 10 November 2018
Maidenhead United v Portsmouth (12.30pm)
Live on BT Sport 1

Sunday 11 November 2018
Port Vale v Sunderland (2.30pm)
Live on BT Sport 1

Monday 12 November 2018
Hampton & Richmond Borough v Oldham Athletic (7.45pm)
Live on BT Sport 1