ifollow

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Benctfc
Does anyone know if tonight's match is available to watch on I follow as other previous midweek games have been?
Johnsons Red Army
https://www.ctfc.com/ifollow/subscribe/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks available on this page for a tenner.
lukebobinson
I too was considering using iFollow for the first time - can anyone confirm if it’s a decent/reliable stream and worth a go? I’m in Greece which I assume doesn’t pose an issue if it was designed originally for overseas viewers?
Shade
I was going to post a reminder that tonight's game would be available to stream in the UK as well. I used it for the Macclesfield game and it was a very good quality stream on my 21" PC screen. They took the commentary from BBC Radio Glos so would imagine they will again, but it was about a second ahead of the video.

Would be great if they made an app available for things like PS4 as it would be great to be able to stream it on my TV without having to rig up a load of cables. Apparently the built-in browser doesn't support the live stream, or didn't a couple of months ago anyway from what I've seen.
leohoenig
It was not very good when I tried from China last season, but I have heard reports from people who have tried the single match packages in the UK and they say it worked well. It appears it is only €6 tonight, so I may try to use it. I think it is £5 in the UK, so I may need to turn on VPN, sign up from England and then turn off VPN to watch from France, That will save me about 40p :lol: :oops:
Shade
It's £10 in the UK. A bit expensive, but cheaper than attending.

*cough unless you find an illegal stream cough*
Johnsons Red Army
Shade wrote:*cough unless you find an illegal stream cough*
They exist (for this level of football)?
leohoenig
https://twitter.com/CTFCofficial/status ... 94400?s=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This tweet says £5 - I have just switched VPN and it is still showing as €6
The tweet gives prices in €, £, US$ and AUS$ - why not CNY?
Red Duke
I watched the Morecambe game and it worked fine. They try to sync the radio commentary with the pictures. The streaming started about 5 mins before kick-off.

I watched it using Firefox. I tried it within Sandboxie but it wouldn't work and had to revert to running outside of it.
Johnsons Red Army
leohoenig wrote:https://twitter.com/CTFCofficial/status ... 94400?s=20

This tweet says £5 - I have just switched VPN and it is still showing as €6
The tweet gives prices in €, £, US$ and AUS$ - why not CNY?
Someone needs to update the website then as it currently says this if you try to order it:

Your package
Cheltenham at Oldham on Oct 23, 2018
£10.00
Change
Shade
Yeah, definitely £10 through the website, and it was last time I bought it, so bizarre it's being touted as £5 on the tweet.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:I was going to post a reminder that tonight's game would be available to stream in the UK as well. I used it for the Macclesfield game and it was a very good quality stream on my 21" PC screen. They took the commentary from BBC Radio Glos so would imagine they will again, but it was about a second ahead of the video.

Would be great if they made an app available for things like PS4 as it would be great to be able to stream it on my TV without having to rig up a load of cables. Apparently the built-in browser doesn't support the live stream, or didn't a couple of months ago anyway from what I've seen.
I watch on ifollow iPad app, which I can play on the TV using Chromecast.

Chromecast and Firestick means we can watch HD and have a smart telly even though we have old school freeview.
Rick
Yes its £10 pounds
Malabus
Shade wrote:I was going to post a reminder that tonight's game would be available to stream in the UK as well. I used it for the Macclesfield game and it was a very good quality stream on my 21" PC screen. They took the commentary from BBC Radio Glos so would imagine they will again, but it was about a second ahead of the video.

You mean video player, rather than browser?
Malabus
Johnsons Red Army wrote:
If there is a legal live stream, then yes it will exist. The Deep/Dark web would be you best bet.
Johnsons Red Army
Malabus wrote:
Johnsons Red Army wrote:
If there is a legal live stream, then yes it will exist. The Deep/Dark web would be you best bet.
Not sure if I can be arsed to look for it. If it's not on Reddit Soccer Streams page (which I believe will be very unlikely), I'll just put the radio on. £10 per game is a bit excessive if you ask me, so I certainly won't be paying that. It it were a fiver, as advertised in the tweet, then I would.
Malabus
[quote="Johnsons Red ]Not sure if I can be arsed to look for it. If it's not on Reddit Soccer Streams page (which I believe will be very unlikely), I'll just put the radio on. £10 per game is a bit excessive if you ask me, so I certainly won't be paying that. It it were a fiver, as advertised in the tweet, then I would.[/quote]

Yes, agree. If it was a fiver I would register and pay.
Shade
Malabus wrote:

You mean video player, rather than browser?
The only way to watch it on the PS4 would be by logging into the site via the built-in internet browser, which I believe is Safari. But I don't think it's good enough to connect to the live stream, going on what I've read on a couple of other forums. Whether it's the browser or attached video player, I'm not sure.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I would be very interested to know what type of deal CTFC or The Robins Trust could negotiate with iFollow for a commercial licence?

E.g. would the Club/Trust be allowed to run ‘away night’ events, and charge fans to come to the WR and pay £10 entry with the game on a big screen, some food and one free drink included, subsequent drinks paid for.

Could even have Champions League muted on another screen.
andgarod
And dont forget free table dancing and smoke effect
Si Robin
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I would be very interested to know what type of deal CTFC or The Robins Trust could negotiate with iFollow for a commercial licence?

E.g. would the Club/Trust be allowed to run ‘away night’ events, and charge fans to come to the WR and pay £10 entry with the game on a big screen, some food and one free drink included, subsequent drinks paid for.

I don't see the Football League agreeing to it - if I recall correctly, the clubs share the profits from iFollow (so your £10 is split 50/50 between the home and away team). Unless the Trust could agree to send 50% of the takings to Oldham (using tonight's game for example) then there would be too much uproar. Also - how would it be Policed to make sure the Trust were sending 50% to the host team.

That being said, if they could agree it, I'd be all over it.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I would be very interested to know what type of deal CTFC or The Robins Trust could negotiate with iFollow for a commercial licence?

I don't see the Football League agreeing to it - if I recall correctly, the clubs share the profits from iFollow (so your £10 is split 50/50 between the home and away team). Unless the Trust could agree to send 50% of the takings to Oldham (using tonight's game for example) then there would be too much uproar. Also - how would it be Policed to make sure the Trust were sending 50% to the host team.

That being said, if they could agree it, I'd be all over it.
I am sure there would be a way of agreeing it and finding a business model.

It might have to be that a fixed fee would be paid by the clubs showing it, and then up to them what they charge their fans to cover costs. The fixed fees would be pooled and distributed across all participating clubs.

I believe personally that it wouldn’t have a knock-on on attendances - people who want to travel will do so and those who don’t or can’t won’t, the same as tonight. You might even find that some people are encouraged to go to more away games after watching them in the bar.

Obviously the fee would have to be carefully worked out - probably based on current revenue from subscribers. I have no idea how many CTFC users will be watching tonight to be honest, whether single or four figures!

CTFC (and others) could even charge up front to cover some of the the fee - for example by selling an ‘away night’ add-on as part of a season ticket package, for say £50. Then on the night revenue would not be so vital.

At the end of the day, the future survival of the lower leagues relies on clubs engaging more fans and involve them more in supporting their clubs and spending money at their clubs.

If a workable business model can be agreed, it should have full support from the FA, EFL and all stakeholders with an interest in the sustainability of the lower leagues in the days of ever stretched finances and more clubs flirting with bankruptcy.