Low expectations

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

andgarod
Although I have entitled this posting as low expectations I probably should have put no expectations

We start at 0 - 0 and I dont see it getting any better than this

On a cold Saturday with racing on I expect 2200 faithful who cannot find anything better to do

Expectations of hard graft and that is it
I will probably put in more effort just to get there than the team :lol:
Si Robin
andgarod wrote: I will probably put in more effort just to get there than the team :lol:
That's a bit of an unfair comment - isn't the one thing that we haven't been able to level at the team is that the effort isn't there?
everyman
andgarod wrote:Although I have entitled this posting as low expectations I probably should have put no expectations

We start at 0 - 0 and I dont see it getting any better than this

On a cold Saturday with racing on I expect 2200 faithful who cannot find anything better to do

Expectations of hard graft and that is it
I will probably put in more effort just to get there than the team :lol:
Cotterill once told me negativity is like a cancer,cut it out !
Jerry St Clair
I'm considering bringing my son to his first ever football match on the basis that it is unlikely that watching football will ever get worse than this.

Team at the foot of the table in the basement division? Check
Confidence shot to bits? Check
Opposition unglamorous but will still probably win? Check
Weather freezing cold? Check
Low crowd expected? Check

On the other hand it may be so bad it just turns him on to the egg-chasing instead.......
Shade
I feel guilty for not being there tomorrow but as it's my brother's wedding I guess I'll just have to suck it up.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:I feel guilty for not being there tomorrow but as it's my brother's wedding I guess I'll just have to suck it up.
Shame for you it’s not on iFollow this weekend.

I am making a rare appearance this weekend - might be the only one there at this rate!

As always I travel down with optimism, expecting a robins victory.
Lord Elpuz
It is now that our team needs everyone behind them. Nothing gets the adrenalin pumping in a footballer better than knowing the crowd are right there cheering every passage of play and willing the team to get forward and make an assault on the oppositions goal.

Once the new style of play becomes second nature to our team, the results will come. Supporting a team is about enduring the highs, the lows, and the new found highs. We’ve been through our lull and now it’s our time to come good again. Don’t miss out. It’s going to happen.
Si Robin
I actually can't wait for tomorrow - I've only been to about 5 games this season and I'm bloody missing it, regardless of how rubbish we are.
theidlerich
........blessed if I can recall how to get to the ground, let alone where our seats are!!!
longmover
Can see the races being a more viable option for the floating supporter