Sam Jones

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Will miss four games in total: http://bit.ly/JonesBan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nesty
can we send him back?
kora
Can we appeal and try and get the ban extended to January.
Lord Elpuz
I think we should give Jones another chance. He was gutted he let everyone down at Oldham and he will be desperate to make amends. We saw glimpses of what he could do when he first arrived and with the right encouragement he could shine. Duff has asked for fans to get behind the players as we all know what happens when the fans get on anyone’s back, it affects the whole team.

It’s no doubt the same at most clubs, but when a team is struggling, the fans find a scapegoat to provide that reason for why the team is not winning games and give the scapegoat a really bad time. Once that happens it’s goodbye to that League. A struggling team needs the biggest boost it can get, and that comes from its own fans cheering their team on.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Jones had scored 10% of our League goals this season, which given we are almost bang on a third of the way through the season is not something to be written be written off on the scrap heap.
CTFC03
He doesn't deserve a chance after A) Putting in no effort at Exeter and B) Getting sent off for a headbutt. If he'd got sent off for a foul that was a debatable red card then we can forgive that as it happens but we cannot carry players this is Cheltenham Town not Man City, terminate the loan ASAP.
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Jones had scored 10% of our League goals this season, which given we are almost bang on a third of the way through the season is not something to be written be written off on the scrap heap.
Not the moat ringing eddorsent he will have on his cv
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
CTFC03 wrote:He doesn't deserve a chance after A) Putting in no effort at Exeter and B) Getting sent off for a headbutt. If he'd got sent off for a foul that was a debatable red card then we can forgive that as it happens but we cannot carry players this is Cheltenham Town not Man City, terminate the loan ASAP.
Didn’t see you posting when Storer got hungry.

Only the player knows his effort level at Exeter.

We have only won two games and he scored the winner in one of them.

Not saying he should be starting every week by any means - just if Duff gives him a chance then so will I.
Lord Elpuz
One can probably assume that those who won’t give Jones a chance were probably one and the same folk who wanted Johnson gone, Adebayo gone, Brian Graham gone, Jordan Cranston gone, Danny Wright gone, etc. etc.

You can only whittle a pencil down so far and then there’s nothing left to use. I hope you get my point ;)
CTFC03
RCS - I don't think anybody realised what Storer did at the time but after it came out he doesn't have a leg to stand on, I didn't go to the Exeter game but was told he put in nothing whatsoever to help the team, yes the player would know his effort level I agree but there were a lot of people shooting him down on Twitter for his performance, what annoys me is he played a part in the win at Cambridge so he can do it but he hasn't done it since, I'm not saying he should be scoring every game but he has to contribute as does the rest of the team, it's a squad game.