Cheltenham Town v Stevenage

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Team news, live updates and video reaction all here, plus a ground update from Andy Wilcox here: http://bit.ly/vStevenage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jon Palmer
Full story here: http://bit.ly/JonnyRocksImprovements" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
Excellent news, that will help a lot. With this and the potential purchase of seasons there are some exciting plans happening off the field.
Robin
So we've just played two struggling teams desperately out of form and lost both of them 2-0. I'm sorry but things have gone from bad to worse no two ways of looking at it. I like Duff, he talks a good game but results are simply unacceptable. I am not calling for him to be sacked but the boos today were clearly deserved for the board, team and manager. UNACCEPTABLE.
Nesty
too many bad decisions since April
Malabus
Couldn't wait to get away.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:So we've just played two struggling teams desperately out of form and lost both of them 2-0. I'm sorry but things have gone from bad to worse no two ways of looking at it. I like Duff, he talks a good game but results are simply unacceptable. I am not calling for him to be sacked but the boos today were clearly deserved for the board, team and manager. UNACCEPTABLE.
Disastrous is a word I have heard used.
Robin
Duff post match making noises about whether there will even be money to spend in January...
Jerry St Clair
Robin wrote:Duff post match making noises about whether there will even be money to spend in January...
This is worse than the result. No signings in January will mean almost certain relegation. It’s our only hope.
ctfc-fan
Save the money from raising the stand roof, that’s not top priority for the club.
Robin
The Finance Director also hinted at this at the Fans Forum, we've clearly massively over spent and want to use money for infrastructure too.
Red dog
Duff does seem like a nice guy but just speaks the usual reterick , I heard resently that he is a bit of aYES man which may be a reflection of his age perhaps, I hope it’s not the case but it would explain why he keeps insisting on playing the same loosing team ( give or take the odd change), players training well or looking inform at the moment should be first on the team sheet and not those who maybe costing the most. Strong minded managers make winning teams!!!
andgarod
Robin wrote:The Finance Director also hinted at this at the Fans Forum, we've clearly massively over spent and want to use money for infrastructure too.
Robin I know you struggle with figures but if you had been at the forum you would know that the finance director was not at the forum

I dont know and you dont know what the finances are but as someone else said the roof on the Speedy is not a priority

A supply of teacups for Duff to throw at halftime is however
Can we get SC back in as mentor

Can we play 2 games in a week it doesnt look like it and there are not 2 teams worse than us at the moment

Do we assume all those on the bench play on Tuesday
Robin
Which Director made the comments I thought it was the FD (Bloxham?).
andgarod
Robin wrote:Which Director made the comments I thought it was the FD (Bloxham?).
From memory it was Bloxham who is I believe vice chair
Paul Godfrey then sort of talked that down a bit
Clive Gowring is the finance director
Benctfc
I must admit when I checked the score at HT at the races yesterday it felt inevitable we would be losing. Didnt need to bother checking again as you knew there would be no chance of us mounting a comeback. It feels like the last 3 seasons have been on repeat struggling to January to try and stay in touch and then hope to bring in a few players to see us marginally improve enough to just stay up its not good enough. I have a feeling this year we wont be as lucky and quite frankly if we do go down we will get what we deserve. No lessons were learnt from our last relegation or even the past 2 seasons! The club as a whole is a shambles of course we can all blame individuals but the club as a whole needs a proper review its been going on for far too long. It makes look even more of an embarrasment when them lot up the road are making us look like amatuers on and off the pitch too.
Artemis
What was the attendance?
That might be a pointer as to why we're struggling, without a Dale Vince to bankroll us.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Artemis wrote:What was the attendance?
That might be a pointer as to why we're struggling, without a Dale Vince to bankroll us.
2,382 including 192 away fans. So 2,190 in the home areas.
Artemis
That's tellimg and explains the lack of cash, at least for me it does.
It's simply not competitive at this level.
horlickfanclub
It is amazing how Robin can post on here with such great authority but does not who the officers of the club are.