An explanation ...

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Lord Elpuz
... for the lacklustre performance last Saturday v Stevenage?

Young Mr Duff in his post match summary this evening mentioned there has been a sickness bug in the camp.

This would explain the complete turnaround from the performance (with 11 players on the field!) v FGR the week before.
plymrob
Straws - and clutching..?

Answering lots of other threads - and I accept where we are, or even pending lower. This is mostly what Cheltenham Town FC is about. True supporter base yes. Be ambitious, yes - but recognize the truth. On 'average', we are doing well to be in the Football League - but it has always been on our terms - no sugar daddy... That's good enough for me.

I think I have said this previously. League One (Div 3) is great but also unrealistic - and probably unsustainable. Please let's just have a combative CTFC in what ever league we are in.

Please let's get a grip of the flawed suggestion of marginal ground development = a good thing (with falling crowds). Smoke screen....? Our team has not competed for many recent years - bar one. Someone queried why we get cheesed off when we do not win. Quite rightly they added there is no guarantee. How wise and how true... but has our team ever had such a shocking 12 months - or widening the gap, such a shocking five years of results?

Maybe we moan to much when we lose - but equally a win or even a well earned draw would be good!

Maybe sad for some of you, but I'm also not a here today gone tomorrow supporter. I'm never going to throw the towel in - like one on herwe has threatened (as if it matters).

CTFC - back to basics please. Let's sort this.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Lord Elpuz wrote:... for the lacklustre performance last Saturday v Stevenage?

Young Mr Duff in his post match summary this evening mentioned there has been a sickness bug in the camp.

This would explain the complete turnaround from the performance (with 11 players on the field!) v FGR the week before.
It would explain it. Just a few percentage points drop in hydration and energy in the run up to a game at professional level and you have no chance really.