WHERE HAS THE MONEY GONE ????

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ladyrobin
The Finance Director hinted at the Trust meeting, and from other recent comments, it would appear that we have no money for future signings.
So where has all the money gone from the Pell and Eisa transfers to other clubs?
Surely not on the players we have now.....!!!
Will our Manager have money to spend?
Please give us some hope that he will have some cash to help turn things around, if not I feel we may be doomed to the National League after today's performance.
So an answer please, is there really no money left from the sale of players?
Ben3
Winner of most ridiculous post 2018
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
How much was the Duff pay off?

And is it the whole million or just whatever instalment we have received so far which is gone?

Some of us warned at the time that selling Eisa would not provide enough money to replace his goals.
little mo
Ben3 wrote:Winner of most ridiculous post 2018
I have to say this is bloody rich coming from you of all people, one of the biggest WUM's on here.
Ben3
The club is basically bankrupt, paid for by baker for 20 years

What a stupid question! Without baker we are doomed unless we have a steady, experienced manager like Yates or Johnson.

Utterly ridiculous - do people not pay any attention?
I-Love-CTFC
Ben3 you're a complete tit. Perfectly valid comments from LadyRobin. Where has the money gone? Unless some of the dross in this squad isn't shipped out and more quality is brought in in January then we are doomed. This squad has the feel of the one that went down last time. The centre of midfield is so lacking in creativity and drive it's unbelievable. Pell and Winchester were not replaced, Eisa was not replaced (Danny Rowe banging in the goals for fun again at AFC Fylde). The chairman is going on about improving the roof in the Speedy Skips stand in his programme notes, sorry but there are far more important matters and things to be spending money at the moment.
Lord Elpuz
Unfortunately, it costs money when the most vociferous of our fans get on their soap boxes. A large chunk of the cash would have gone on saying au revoir to Mr Johnson and bonjour to Mr Duff.

Those fans got what they wished for. They shouldn’t now be saying “Where’s the money gone”.

Gambles don’t always pay dividends, and those with poorly advised gambling whims often don’t know where their money has gone either.
andgarod
Ladyrobin wrote:The Finance Director hinted at the Trust meeting, and from other recent comments, it would appear that we have no money for future signings.
So where has all the money gone from the Pell and Eisa transfers to other clubs?
Surely not on the players we have now.....!!!
Will our Manager have money to spend?
Please give us some hope that he will have some cash to help turn things around, if not I feel we may be doomed to the National League after today's performance.
So an answer please, is there really no money left from the sale of players?
Fake News

Lady were you at the forum because I was and as well as the chairman not being there neither was the finance director, were you?
Ben3
I love ctfc I have explained clearly where the money has gone. The club runs at a huge deficit that was met by baker until he was hounded out by people like you

Now all fees for players services debt and the running costs.

What don’t you understand? This isn’t a football management programme on your sega mega drive.
CTFC03
The Johnson's got a cut of the Eisa deal but very concerned about the rest, we need 2 central midfielders in in January, I do wonder if Pell and Winchester were still here would we be where we are, I think not!
ctfc-fan
CTFC03 wrote:The Johnson's got a cut of the Eisa deal but very concerned about the rest, we need 2 central midfielders in in January, I do wonder if Pell and Winchester were still here would we be where we are, I think not!
Who said they did?
CTFC03
A neighbour who knows somebody who used to have a role within the club but is not there anymore.
ctfc-fan
CTFC03 wrote:A neighbour who knows somebody who used to have a role within the club but is not there anymore.
Ah I see. Must be true then
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
CTFC03 wrote:The Johnson's got a cut of the Eisa deal but very concerned about the rest, we need 2 central midfielders in in January, I do wonder if Pell and Winchester were still here would we be where we are, I think not!
Contract pay offs. Varney wages. Duff compensation to Burnley. Covering losses from low gates.

And how much money is in the bank from City, and how much of the million is to be paid in the future and not yet available to spend?
Artemis
Exactly. Cash flow is the most important aspect here. I expect with the low gates we're getting, we're struggling and needing to draw down on the Mo money.
Jerry St Clair
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Duff compensation to Burnley.
Would we have had to pay compensation to Burnley? I thought that sort of arrangement only existed for players under 23?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Jerry St Clair wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Duff compensation to Burnley.
Would we have had to pay compensation to Burnley? I thought that sort of arrangement only existed for players under 23?
It was well reported at the time that the delay in announcing were due to negotiations with Burnley.

Have you missed huge compensation deals like PSG paying Barcelona £200m to release Neymar from his contract?

Taking any player or manager who is contracted at another club usually requires some form of compensation (call it a transfer fee or whatever you like).
Malabus
Football is the survival of the fittest, that's why I stated we must hold out for a offer of 2 million pounds for Eisa. Now look where are charitable club are at....skint; poor squad and with decreasing attendances due to poor management off the field.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:Football is the survival of the fittest, that's why I stated we must hold out for a offer of 2 million pounds for Eisa. Now look where are charitable club are at....skint; poor squad and with decreasing attendances due to poor management off the field.
To think some were getting excited that the £1m would replace the goals and contribute to a new stand. Laughable.
Andy
Not forgetting that there are currently shareholder and directors loans to consider paying back. Maybe the club used it to reduce some debt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Malabus wrote:Football is the survival of the fittest, that's why I stated we must hold out for a offer of 2 million pounds for Eisa. Now look where are charitable club are at....skint; poor squad and with decreasing attendances due to poor management off the field.
To think some were getting excited that the £1m would replace the goals and contribute to a new stand. Laughable.
Very laughable.
ctfc-fan
What if Mo had never been found? Where would we be then as we should always plan for the worst case scenario such as no cup runs etc.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote:What if Mo had never been found? Where would we be then as we should always plan for the worst case scenario such as no cup runs etc.
Before Mo was signed it was widely reported that across the (loss-making budget busting) Champions Season and the first season back in L2 we made a profit.

Obviously that profit was made because we signed just enough players in January to survive, without those players being tied down on contracts over the summer.

The following season the same; doing enough to survive within our budget.

This season the club has tried to move to a more expensive model partly in response to fan demand; so we have longer term deals for more permanent signings, including experienced League players like Long, Mullins, Hussey and Tozer. These players command wages which will be higher than less experienced players and we have to pay these wages over the summer months.

Switching to the more expensive model is no guarantee of success but incurs ongoing costs. And by adding the likes of Alcock, Clements and Varney we have added more experienced and more expensive players.

With low crowds and low off the pitch income I suspect the Mo money is subsiding the wage bill.

Fans are not happy living within our means with loans, unknowns and rejects but we simply cannot afford anything better than that. Herein lies the dilemma.
drgm
Does anyone know how long a contract Mike Duff was given?
horlickfanclub
People seem to forget the cost of paying off Brian Graham , Blame Gary Johnson for that. Income posters have missed include Billy Waters,Harry Pell and Luke Thomas fees,Trust donations. If Ben would like to check accounts of recent years Paul Baker ceased to put money in .
Ladyrobin
Thanks to all those who replied politely and with information.
I am grateful.
Artemis
But the point is Paul Baker did put money in over many years, and lots of it, mostly as loans to subsidise our football.club. It isn't unreasonable to expect to see even a little of it back. That might also explain the current black hole as well.
The naivety of some here is sadly laughable.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Latest accounts showed ~£500k of debt to be paid to creditors within a year and ~£1.5m due in future years.

P Baker is owed £140k.

https://document-api-images-prod.s3.eu- ... b56cdeca5f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
asl
Does it detail the total value of 'loans' that PB, SK et al have totally written off over the years?
Jerry St Clair
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
It was well reported at the time that the delay in announcing were due to negotiations with Burnley.

Have you missed huge compensation deals like PSG paying Barcelona £200m to release Neymar from his contract?

Taking any player or manager who is contracted at another club usually requires some form of compensation (call it a transfer fee or whatever you like).
I obviously haven’t been paying close enough attention. I though transfer fees were essentially a trade in player registrations based on their perceived worth. I didn’t realise money changed hands for back room staff as well, though I suppose it makes sense.
Si Robin
My understanding is that we paid £5k more for Duff than Burnley paid us for him.
Robin
So £35k you reckon Si? I know they paid £15,000 upfront but I think there was a second instalment of the same amount.
asl
We probably have to play a friendly at Turf Moor, too...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:We probably have to play a friendly at Turf Moor, too...
Got a 14 year old pack of pork scratchings we can give them too.
little mo
Si Robin wrote:My understanding is that we paid £5k more for Duff than Burnley paid us for him.
The robbing bar stewards. All the good years service they got from Duffo for a pittance. Then they want the money back plus some, with all the money they turnover what with the tv money alone,they should hang their head in shame. But they wont of course. I hope they lose every game they ever play. I see they got stuffed today and are now only a couple of points off relegation spots, good.