Goals

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

little mo
The lowest scoring teams in the whole of the EFL at this moment are:
Wimbledon 10 goals
Grimsby 10 goals
Cheltenham 10 goals.
When was the last time we even looked like scoring? When was the last time the crowd went ooh, that was close? When was the last time we even made the opposition defence look under pressure for a while? When was the last time an opposition goalie had to make saves out of the top drawer to keep us out?
I do my best to stay positive but, we really are pants, and for the first time I really think we are in big trouble and probably going down.
theidlerich
....does one count as a shot on goal the ref dropped ball and booted to the keeper?????
I-Love-CTFC
That's what happens when you don't replace Mo Eisa and bring in players with goalscoring records like Barnett and Varney who are left on the scrapheap.
ctfc-fan
I-Love-CTFC wrote:That's what happens when you don't replace Mo Eisa and bring in players with goalscoring records like Barnett and Varney who are left on the scrapheap.
OK, so tell us how to replace Eisa if you think it is so easy?
I-Love-CTFC
ctfc-fan wrote:
I-Love-CTFC wrote:That's what happens when you don't replace Mo Eisa and bring in players with goalscoring records like Barnett and Varney who are left on the scrapheap.
Stump up the extra cash that was required to buy Danny Rowe from AFC Fylde that's what.
ctfc-fan
I-Love-CTFC wrote:
ctfc-fan wrote:
Stump up the extra cash that was required to buy Danny Rowe from AFC Fylde that's what.
That’s one option, but what if he didn’t work out here? Would you then have said that was a waste of cash?

Eisa was a one off for us and to find someone who can regularly score goals is so difficult
Artemis
There are goals in our team. Just that midfield, so strong on recent years is shite.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote:
Easiest answer was never to sell him.

People did warn it was obvious we would struggle to replace his goals for the amount we sold him for. But the eyes of others lit up with the thought of a quick buck without thought for the consequences.

Whether it was GJ or the Board who wanted to sell, it was daft.
ctfc-fan
Oh come on RCS, we had to sell him.

He came to us from his previous team with their blessing to let him have a crack at the league. What did he cost us again?

He then shows his ability and has the opportunity to progress even further and in the process earn us £1-£1.5m. Could we really stand in his way? Not a chance.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote:Oh come on RCS, we had to sell him.

He came to us from his previous team with their blessing to let him have a crack at the league. What did he cost us again?

He then shows his ability and has the opportunity to progress even further and in the process earn us £1-£1.5m. Could we really stand in his way? Not a chance.
He would have stayed - he was happy here and Johnson could would have made him realise another season at Cheltenham was in his interests.
ctfc-fan
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
ctfc-fan wrote:Oh come on RCS, we had to sell him.

He would have stayed - he was happy here and Johnson could would have made him realise another season at Cheltenham was in his interests.
He told you that did he?
vickeryc
Mo had another year left on his contract after this season, so of course there was no obligation to sell him. Moreover, I've heard nothing to suggest that Mo wanted to leave the club. Therefore, we didn't have to sell him when we did. Several of us on here said at the time it would make sense to retain Mo for this season but, unfortunately, we didn't and the goals inevitably have dried up.

As others have rightly said, we are where we are and we now have to somehow dig ourselves out of this hole we've made for ourselves.