Not to blame

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Fuller
https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... am-2161013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ihearye
Consistency - If he can achieve this. It is something GJ never achieved with us in L2. Big ask
Robin
I don't really blame Duff, my frustration is more with the board. However can anyone honestly say Duff is getting the best out of the players at his disposal despite some improvements?
horlickfanclub
He is getting the best.The problem is that their best is not good enough.
Fuller
horlickfanclub wrote:He is getting the best.The problem is that their best is not good enough.
Surely in Flinders, Alcock, Hussey, Mullins, Barnett, Varney, Tozer, Thomas, Clements, Jones & Atangana there is mountains of FL experience and quality there, like to think so anyway.

And is this the worst start to a CTFC managers reign ever ?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Who is to blame for four of goal scorers (Jones, Duku, Mooney, Thomas) being sidelined, barely selected or shipped out?

We simply have not looked as dangerous going foward since reverting to two slow men up front and in midfield.
solihullkev
As manager he is accountable. My concern is Saturday's performance was probably the worst of the season. There are no signs of encouragement, we are not getting better.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
solihullkev wrote:As manager he is accountable. My concern is Saturday's performance was probably the worst of the season. There are no signs of encouragement, we are not getting better.
That is the concern. Even Broom and Maddox looked like leaden footed sideways passing plodders in the last match.

A long time since I saw such a non-existent attacking display. At least under GJ in past dire seasons we scored goals and had attacking play to applaud.
Rick
Robin wrote:I don't really blame Duff, my frustration is more with the board. However can anyone honestly say Duff is getting the best out of the players at his disposal despite some improvements?
Have to agree with you Robin. I can't see any improvement.
Si Robin
Fuller wrote: And is this the worst start to a CTFC managers reign ever ?
Graham Allner took 9 games to win in the League, and had earned 3 points beforehand.

Duff currently has 3 points in 8 League games. A win on Saturday would match Allner's League record.

Allner did though have a 3-0 win away at Norwich in the Worthington Cup, whereas Duff has a 6-0 win at home to Mangotsfield in the County Cup in the only non league game he's managed.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Rick wrote:
Robin wrote:I don't really blame Duff, my frustration is more with the board. However can anyone honestly say Duff is getting the best out of the players at his disposal despite some improvements?
Have to agree with you Robin. I can't see any improvement.
Letting him sign players to suit his style would have helped. Timing key.