Arsenal

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

horlickfanclub
I hope we can keep the score to a respectable level tonight.
Fuller
Will be interesting to see who gets selected.

Can't play too many youngsters ?

But an eye on Saturday too which is much more important.
Johnsons Red Army
Hopefully the club give this game the attention it deserves, i.e. none.

Reserve team please and save our best players for the real games.
Red Duke
I believe it is being streamed on ifollow in UK for £10.00. Once I see our line-up, I will decide to subscribe.
Johnsons Red Army
Cheaper to attend the match (£5 adults, £3 concessions) than to stream it (£10) then.
Jon Palmer
Some Arsenal team news here: http://bit.ly/ArsenalU21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Red Duke
Johnsons Red Army wrote:Cheaper to attend the match (£5 adults, £3 concessions) than to stream it (£10) then.
Only problem is that the cost of travelling down to Whaddon Road from where I live is a lot greater than £5.00.
Red dog
The grandkids are really excited to be able to chat an evening game as it’s half term and the price is great. As mentioned I’m an above post I to hope they play a lot of the reserve players but not so to save the “real team” but to show them there shirts aren’t safe, I still feel we have good player both on the pitch and on the bench but it seems as if they aren’t geling at all, they can’t seem to work out what their team mate is capable off and so don’t respond to runs or play to strengths, It where we need to improve and the goals will follow.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Red dog wrote:The grandkids are really excited to be able to chat an evening game as it’s half term and the price is great. As mentioned I’m an above post I to hope they play a lot of the reserve players but not so to save the “real team” but to show them there shirts aren’t safe, I still feel we have good player both on the pitch and on the bench but it seems as if they aren’t geling at all, they can’t seem to work out what their team mate is capable off and so don’t respond to runs or play to strengths, It where we need to improve and the goals will follow.
I hope you and the grandkids enjoy it.

A more switched on and forward thinking Board may have done something to capitalise - a special Halloween programme for kids, or giving out Halloween sweets, a competition to win an Arsenal shirt, some different content on the screen etc.
Si Robin
Wasn't half-term last week - that's when my kids were off.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote:Wasn't half-term last week - that's when my kids were off.
Varies.
Horteng
Any commentary tonight?
pas
Yes,it’s on DAB.
Red dog
Well the feeling you get from a good win is priceless!!! Although it was against 20 men from practically the get go those lads where terrific last night and with a bit more composure is well might have been 10/11. And yes the kids had a great time, thought Maddox deerverd his MOM McAlinden is a great playmaker and very creative he was involved in most of the goals, he needs to be trusted a bit more often. Arsenal moved the ball around great as you would expect but we were just to determined for them .
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:I hope we can keep the score to a respectable level tonight.
Just about respectable. Seven or eight would have been mean on them.
Red dog
That was 10 men obviously lol
Nesty
just seen the result - amazing - that will be a confidence boost for sure, ok against 10 men and all that but sounds like a new formation tried, some positive stuff, onwards and upwards - banging in goals always good news.............
Nesty
oh and ........... did anyone go? be interesting to know how Thomas played
horlickfanclub
Thomas passed well and held a position which seemed to give Clements and Maddox more space to get involved. He does give away a few silly fouls though. A good performance by all. Despite missing early sitters we did a good job. Extra man and strength of Forster and Tozer made it tough for the lightweight Arsenal but they were pretty nippy at times and it was a good challenge to keep up with them .

In summary, a good crowd, entertaining and interesting. A useful £10,000 in the bank is useful too. If we can beat Coventry another few pounds will help offset recent poor gates and Ken Dodd and James Brown will be singing again.
Shade
Be interesting to see the team on Saturday now. Mansfield won 3-0 at Crewe in League 2 last night...
Artemis
I've never quite understood how Thomas hasn't got a longer run in the team, in that kind of quarter back role that Marlon Pack played so well. Maybe its time for him to get a go in a three with Maddox and Clements or Broom, with Forster, Boyle and Mullins across the back, Long / Broom / Dawson and Hussey as wingbacks, and Varney and Barnett up top.
MittonRobin
Everyone calm down! its Arsenal Kids. If we beat Mansfield on Saturday I will be happy. This result does not matter in my opinion
Shade
MittonRobin wrote:Everyone calm down! its Arsenal Kids. If we beat Mansfield on Saturday I will be happy. This result does not matter in my opinion
Of course it matters. It's not to say we will necessarily be any better against a League 2 team but it may have given the manager some ideas and the players some belief in themselves and each other.

If we'd lost to them it would certainly have mattered to those that would be saying "we can't even beat a bunch of kids with 10 men".
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Evening Standard write-up: https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 76596.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They don’t like our stadium branding!
Shade
To be fair, who does? Other than Jonny Rocks.
asl
It's infinitely better than the 'World of Smiles' embarrass-fest...
Artemis
Neither is great, is it?
horlickfanclub
The newspapers comments reek of Cityboy snobbery. Have they bothered to find out why that name? Who cares what it is called or was called? The sponsors stepped in to support the club. I say elegantly , "Thanks for the money".
I heard Arsenal supporters trying to figure it out and they were a bit baffled until I told them that it was a local company. Their stadium sponsor is not quite as local.
Shade
There is/was a rugny league ground named something worse. Can't remember right now but think it was something to do with hoses...