Register    Login    Search    FAQ



CTFC.com Official Site Cheltenham Town FC 500 Club

Other Useful Links:     Leo's Blog    Robins Trust    CTFC Chatter    Football Ground Guide    This is Gloucestershire    News Now    CTFC History Site

Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY




 Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ] 



Author Message
 Post subject: SkyBet 14/1 to finish top half.
 Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018, 23:37 
Online
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 19491
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Tempting.

7/4 to go down.


Top  Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
 Post subject: Re: SkyBet 14/1 to finish top half.
 Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018, 02:23 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:26
Posts: 11936
Location: The Death Star.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
I will give you 325/1...for a top half finish.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: SkyBet 14/1 to finish top half.
 Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018, 08:38 
Online
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 19491
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Malabus wrote:
I will give you 325/1...for a top half finish.


You’re on. I will wager £3.08 at those odds please.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: SkyBet 14/1 to finish top half.
 Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018, 10:47 
Offline

Joined: 12 Sep 2018, 08:08
Posts: 70
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
I’m happy to witness this written contract

Malabus would you extend these generous odds to me as well?

Going back to the original post I stick with my early prediction 8-12th. Obviously losing Johnson has set the club back significantly but with his expert eye for a player as his legacy we can reap the rewards moving forward (and if we go down I can blame it on him being sacked).

See what I did there? That’s a robins nest classic, the double-I-have-to-proven-right


Top 
 Post subject: Re: SkyBet 14/1 to finish top half.
 Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018, 12:09 
Offline

Joined: 27 Dec 2015, 15:19
Posts: 986
Location: Stroud District
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
14/1 crazy odds. Would need at least 100/1 to entice me, and even then I probably wouldn't waste my money because we have no chance of top half.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: SkyBet 14/1 to finish top half.
 Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018, 12:26 
Offline

Joined: 15 Aug 2011, 17:40
Posts: 444
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Johnsons Red Army wrote:
14/1 crazy odds. Would need at least 100/1 to entice me, and even then I probably wouldn't waste my money because we have no chance of top half.


- We are 12 points off the top half, with a game in hand on most.
- We have played a disproportionate number of games against teams in the top half.
- We play nearly all of the teams in the bottom half at home during the remainder of the season.

If the improvement from yesterday continues and Duff is allowed to strengthen sensibly in January then I think it’s a brave person who says we have ”no chance”.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: SkyBet 14/1 to finish top half.
 Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018, 12:28 
Offline

Joined: 27 Dec 2015, 15:19
Posts: 986
Location: Stroud District
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Hopefully you are correct. But time will tell if it turns out to be true or not.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: SkyBet 14/1 to finish top half.
 Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018, 12:31 
Offline

Joined: 15 Aug 2011, 17:40
Posts: 444
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Indeed. I think it’s unlikely but not impossible.

As a comparison, Chelsea are currently between 11-1 and 14-1 with most bookies to win the Premier. Probably unlikely, but you’d be brave to totally write them off.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: SkyBet 14/1 to finish top half.
 Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018, 13:40 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:26
Posts: 11936
Location: The Death Star.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Malabus wrote:
I will give you 325/1...for a top half finish.


You’re on. I will wager £3.08 at those odds please.
£50 minimum stake.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: SkyBet 14/1 to finish top half.
 Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018, 14:20 
Offline

Joined: 12 Sep 2018, 08:08
Posts: 70
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
What’s the maximum stake mal??


Top 
 Post subject: Re: SkyBet 14/1 to finish top half.
 Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018, 14:26 
Online
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 19491
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Malabus wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Malabus wrote:
I will give you 325/1...for a top half finish.


You’re on. I will wager £3.08 at those odds please.
£50 minimum stake.


Cheeky rule change but I will call your bluff.

I can confirm a £50 bet at odds of 325/1.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: SkyBet 14/1 to finish top half.
 Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018, 15:11 
Offline

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 10:37
Posts: 4351
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 2 times
Mal can cover £16k, easy.


Top 
 Post subject: SkyBet 14/1 to finish top half.
 Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018, 16:07 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:26
Posts: 11936
Location: The Death Star.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
I can confirm a £50 bet at odds of 325/1.


It will only be confirmed when I see the cash first.


Last edited by Malabus on 04 Nov 2018, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Post subject: Re: SkyBet 14/1 to finish top half.
 Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018, 16:07 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:26
Posts: 11936
Location: The Death Star.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Ben3 wrote:
What’s the maximum stake mal??


Whatever your pocket money is.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: SkyBet 14/1 to finish top half.
 Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018, 16:56 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 12:19
Posts: 12535
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Jerry St Clair wrote:
Johnsons Red Army wrote:
14/1 crazy odds. Would need at least 100/1 to entice me, and even then I probably wouldn't waste my money because we have no chance of top half.


- We are 12 points off the top half, with a game in hand on most.
- We have played a disproportionate number of games against teams in the top half.
- We play nearly all of the teams in the bottom half at home during the remainder of the season.

If the improvement from yesterday continues and Duff is allowed to strengthen sensibly in January then I think it’s a brave person who says we have ”no chance”.


All well and good but we've yet to win in ten games under Duff and were recently tamely beaten by Stevenage and Oldham, both out of form and missing key players.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: SkyBet 14/1 to finish top half.
 Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018, 18:00 
Offline

Joined: 12 Sep 2018, 08:08
Posts: 70
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
My pocket money is also £50 so I’m happy to take you up on your generous offer. Now it’s all in black and white there is no way either of us can welch on the deal 8-)

If I don’t hear anymore lll remortgage in the morning and lay the bet (bet for us NOT to finish in the top half) with a high street bookmaker to the tune of £10k or so, knowing that due to mal’s generous odds I’ll win either way :lol:


Top 
 Post subject: Re: SkyBet 14/1 to finish top half.
 Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018, 20:48 
Offline

Joined: 06 Jan 2010, 13:00
Posts: 770
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Ben3 wrote:
My pocket money is also £50 so I’m happy to take you up on your generous offer. Now it’s all in black and white there is no way either of us can welch on the deal 8-)

If I don’t hear anymore lll remortgage in the morning and lay the bet (bet for us NOT to finish in the top half) with a high street bookmaker to the tune of £10k or so, knowing that due to mal’s generous odds I’ll win either way :lol:


Only problem is high street bookmakers don’t lay, the exchanges do...


Top 
 Post subject: Re: SkyBet 14/1 to finish top half.
 Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018, 21:55 
Online
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 19491
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
ctfc-fan wrote:
Ben3 wrote:
My pocket money is also £50 so I’m happy to take you up on your generous offer. Now it’s all in black and white there is no way either of us can welch on the deal 8-)

If I don’t hear anymore lll remortgage in the morning and lay the bet (bet for us NOT to finish in the top half) with a high street bookmaker to the tune of £10k or so, knowing that due to mal’s generous odds I’ll win either way :lol:


Only problem is high street bookmakers don’t lay, the exchanges do...


He can just find a high street bookie offering odds on us to finish in the bottom half.


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ] 




Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot] and 16 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: