Greenwash - more from our friends over on the hill

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jerry St Clair
An amusing letter published in the latest edition of When Saturday Comes (I've paraphrased):

Dear WSC

The evening after Forest Green Rovers received an award from the UN for becoming the first football club to go carbon neutral they visited the Abbey Stadium to beat Cambridge United. Working in the sustainable world, I was very impressed with FGR's green credentials let alone their free-flowing football. Until I glanced at the away dugout and noticed an ever-growing pile of empty, single-use plastic bottles - by a long way the biggest pile of any club this season.

Is Cambridgeshire water not to Forest Green's liking or do they simply drop their plastic waste everywhere but on their own doorstep? The UN should be told.

Yours
Shade
:lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ha classic.

Sums up the hypocrisy of one of the most financially unsustainable football clubs who want to move even further away from any public transport or centres of population to become one of the most car dependent football clubs as well.

Come on Vince, at least take the bottles home to feed the nations newest waste to energy incinerator you know and love!
Lord Elpuz
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sustainable my @r$e :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: