Our former manager...

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

theidlerich
Both settled for glorious golden sands and palm trees. :)
The Old TomCat
Shade wrote: Aaron Downes left Cheltenham officially yesterday, and has today announced that he is Gary Johnson's new assistant manager at Torquay.
Did not Aaron once play for Torquay?
If so, home from home.
Shade
Yes he did. With GJ there it as well it was very obvious he was going back. I thought I put enough sarcasm in the post to show that but maybe not :lol:
horlickfanclub
Someone has to stand out in the rain on the training ground for Mr Johnson.
Nesty
out of the FA Trophy 1-3 against Boreham Wood
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Two more for Kalala today as the Gulls 3-0 up and counting away from home for what must be a sixth win in a row.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Two more for Kalala today as the Gulls 3-0 up and counting away from home for what must be a sixth win in a row.
Almost identical picture today as Gulls net four again. Two more for KLK, at home this time. Asa Hall scoring as well.

Gloucester travel to Devon on Saturday. So expect another four goal update from me. I don’t think it is too far-fetched to say it could reach double figures.
Lord Elpuz
KLK will be the subject of a big-money transfer in the next few months.

One of the most naturally gifted players I have seen when he was at Whaddon Road.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Lord Elpuz wrote:KLK will be the subject of a big-money transfer in the next few months.

One of the most naturally gifted players I have seen when he was at Whaddon Road.
I wouldn’t be so sure. One would hope for the sake of KLK’s career and Torquay’s hopes to return to the FL that Johnson will have learnt the lessons from the Eisa debacle and won’t sell KLK for a couple of years yet.

Torquay got 3,863 yesterday, with just 83 away fans. So more than us.
SHANDY VOR
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Two more for Kalala today as the Gulls 3-0 up and counting away from home for what must be a sixth win in a row.
Almost identical picture today as Gulls net four again. Two more for KLK, at home this time. Asa Hall scoring as well.

Gloucester travel to Devon on Saturday. So expect another four goal update from me. I don’t think it is too far-fetched to say it could reach double figures.
That's a bit optimistic, we'll not score more than nine. Personally I'll take 1-0
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:

That's a bit optimistic, we'll not score more than nine. Personally I'll take 1-0
Would be a good effort if you can keep them restricted to just one.
horlickfanclub
Come on Gloucesterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Can get up to 10/1 on Gloucester to win today, with Torquay 1/4.

Unbelievable odds for a head to head game between teams in the same division.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/en ... ity/winner" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vickeryc
Shame we let KLK go. He was another exciting prospect.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Joe Hanks with an own goal to put Torquay in front. Cheltenham through and through!!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Club record equalling 8th win a row for the Gulls.

Wasted a host of chances before easing up at 2-0 (could have been five or six) and letting a late flurry from Gloucester earn a consolation win.

Interesting on NYD, Torquay are ‘away’ at Truro. Even though Truro have now moved back to their own ground they are still playing the game at Plainmoor. Torquay will be given three sides of the ground and outnumber Truro by around 3500:100 as usual but, as away side, will pay on the day and ST not valid.
paperboy
"Interesting on NYD, Torquay are ‘away’ at Truro. Even though Truro have now moved back to their own ground they are still playing the game at Plainmoor. Torquay will be given three sides of the ground and outnumber Truro by around 3500:100 as usual but, as away side, will pay on the day and ST not valid."

I imagine Truro decided that it made economic sense to play their last home game at Plainmoor against their landlords before returning to Truro for the rest of the season.
leohoenig
The crowd at Truro's "home game" was given as 2,812 with 2,760 away fans

I wonder if the away fans outnumbering "home fans" by 53 to 1 is a record?
Shade
Very interesting.

Club record 9th win in a row, then.
paperboy
....and a fascinating podcast here regarding Truro ground-sharing and the team bus being part of the agreement etc.

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/footbal ... 386859.amp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nesty
How does news about Truro FC get to be on the CTFC section ?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:How does news about Truro FC get to be on the CTFC section ?
Thread about former manager (GJ) and former players (KLK, AD, AS, etc) which is meant to be in the CTFC section.

Have said before mods could move to other footy and make it more of a Torquay focus.
Nesty
Thread about former manager (GJ) and former players (KLK, AD, AS, etc) which is meant to be in the CTFC section.

Have said before mods could move to other footy and make it more of a Torquay focus.
Agree, but it has got rather tenuous
paperboy
Nesty wrote:

Agree, but it has got rather tenuous
There are references to our former manager which is the title of the thread. :-)
horlickfanclub
Looking at the positive side, Every time i see this thread I cheer when I read " former".
vickeryc
horlickfanclub wrote:Looking at the positive side, Every time i see this thread I cheer when I read " former".
Unnecessary, churlish, comment about a manager who saved our club less than four years ago. Let it go.
horlickfanclub
Freedom of speech Vickery.
vickeryc
Yawn - this has been said ad nauseam and surely ran its course months ago. If that's your idea of free speech, Horlick, then my view is that it's tedious, repetitive and churlish.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
vickeryc wrote:Yawn - this has been said ad nauseam and surely ran its course months ago. If that's your idea of free speech, Horlick, then my view is that it's tedious, repetitive and churlish.
More like pathetic and sad. It is just a football manager doing what all football managers do - not sure why the fecking kunt Horlick holds such a freakish and weird personal dislike for said manager. Says more about the obvious disturbed nature of the sh!twipe Horlicks obviously disfunctioning mind than about football.

No hard feelings or offence Horlick - just freedom of speech. :)
vickeryc
vickeryc wrote:Yawn - this has been said ad nauseam and surely ran its course months ago. If that's your idea of free speech, Horlick, then my view is that it's tedious, repetitive and churlish.
More like pathetic and sad. It is just a football manager doing what all football managers do - not sure why the fecking kunt Horlick holds such a freakish and weird personal dislike for said manager. Says more about the obvious disturbed nature of the sh!twipe Horlicks obviously disfunctioning mind than about football.

No hard feelings or offence Horlick - just freedom of speech. :)
Thanks for filling in the gaps RCS! :lol:
Nesty
a bit OTT on Horlick chaps if I may say so.
vickeryc
It wasn't intended to be personal. Just hyperbole on the point about free speech.
Andy
Not sure why RCS decided to make strong personal comments like that. I mean if that was Superkoz or KGii about any other member of the forum they’d be banned / suspended for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
asl
I think RCS was making a point about free speech. Given that he's never even called *Mal* a Jeremy Hunt before, I think it's clearly out of character enough to portray his meaning.

Perhaps he can use one of his three lives to clarify...? ;)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Andy wrote:Not sure why RCS decided to make strong personal comments like that. I mean if that was Superkoz or KGii about any other member of the forum they’d be banned / suspended for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Simply mocking Horlick’s ‘just free speech’ line. The ‘just free speech’ response is one of the most annoying and dumbest things people say on the internet. I have no personal gripe with Horlick and don’t mean what I said at all and I am sure Horlick is a thoroughly good egg and and is certainly a die hard CTFC supporter. But if they want to give out hyperbolic guff under the banner of ‘free speech’ then there can be no complaints if people do the same direct at them; that was the sole purpose of my language and I would have used the same language no matter who it was directed at.

Edit: I see asl beat me to it. Thanks asl and pleasing to see you understood the point!

Meanwhile, back on topic. Another win for Torquay. A regulation 4-0. Woking not playing as they have Cup duty so the Gulls 5 points clear for now. Asa Hall the ex-CTFC player to net this week.