Our former manager...

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote:I remember going to Woking only for it to be called off due to fog just after half-time.

LDV Vans Trophy game if I remember correctly.
Yup. My mate and I moved round from the side terrace to behind the goal and were celebrating in front of some Woking kids when Gilly scored the second just before abandonment.

We weren’t given ticket stubs either on the gate so no way of getting reduced entry into the re-arranged game. Dodgy.

Still, the abandonment meant we were back in the Uni pub to catch the tail end of the Champions League (Man U) in our Cheltenham shirts. I always remember because to round off a crazy evening Monica Lewinski was in the pub that night as well but I don’t think recognised the Cheltenham kit.
Ralph
paperboy wrote:
Nesty wrote:d day on 6th April when Woking host Torquay
Staying on the weather theme I remember driving down to Woking through pouring rain only for the match to be postponed when we were nearing the ground.
A cup game i think it was. We were there too
Ralph
asl wrote:I was there, too. One of our players sent a cross into the box from just in front of us. Nobody could see where it went and the guy who crossed it (I forget who) just turned to us and shrugged his shoulders. The ref called it a day a few minutes later.
Then there was the fog at Sittingbourne one time .. Think that game was played. We just couldn't see it
Si Robin
The Morecambe fog was a frustrating one as well.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Gulls are going up. No doubt about that.
I'm not as confident as you are, the Conference South is a competitive league and they still have plenty to do. I was not impressed with them against City earlier this year. And as for getting back into the league, more chance of plating them in the Conference (maybe South :))
Winning their game in hand 3-1 tonight to go 7 points clear at the top. As I stated as a certainty back in November, the Gulls are going up.
Nesty
good for them , good for GJ Good Job !!
paperboy
Well it's another promotion on GJs impressive CV after winning their League today.

I notice he has signed most of his squad for next season also.
Hope that wasn't a little hasty.
longmover
paperboy wrote:Well it's another promotion on GJs impressive CV after winning their League today.
a fully pro team playing mostly painters decorators and office staff, they should be expected to walk it.
Nesty
On a day when OUR team produce maybe the best performance of the session, it saddens me to find people posting about our previous one.
drgm
paperboy wrote:Well it's another promotion on GJs impressive CV after winning their League today.

I notice he has signed most of his squad for next season also.
Hope that wasn't a little hasty.
Quite probably!
Ihearye
Nesty wrote:On a day when OUR team produce maybe the best performance of the session, it saddens me to find people posting about our previous one.
+1
Hubert Parry
Nesty wrote:On a day when OUR team produce maybe the best performance of the session, it saddens me to find people posting about our previous one.
Why? Why can't people post about both? What a baffling and fatuous statement.
Del Boy
The same people bigging this up are the same ones who refer to that league as pub football where Gloucester are concerned.

Good for Johnson - probably found his level now. Presumably he's only going to sign worse players than he's already got in the summer so he doesn't hurt their feelings.

Shame we didn't replace him at the end of last season and give Mike Duff the chance to sign players but we're now looking to the future with optimism not hoping to avoid relegation.
Ihearye
Del Boy wrote:The same people bigging this up are the same ones who refer to that league as pub football where Gloucester are concerned.

Good for Johnson - probably found his level now. Presumably he's only going to sign worse players than he's already got in the summer so he doesn't hurt their feelings.

Shame we didn't replace him at the end of last season and give Mike Duff the chance to sign players but we're now looking to the future with optimism not hoping to avoid relegation.
+3000