Coventry

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
There's a game tonight, albeit in the noddy cup. The first time I will be attending a game in this competition since its ridiculous reformatting, as something kind of rides on it as we're through to the next round with a win/draw and win on pens. Coventry will also go through if they win in 90 minutes. It's a proper cup tie (kind of).

£5 entry and a rare opportunity to sample the Hazelwoods Stand.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I like this comp.

Obviously League survival is the absolute priority but I would take winning the FLT over a third round FA Cup tie.

What better way to signal the start of the Wilcox and Duff era than ending this season with a Wembley win to take us into next Summer when AW and MD will start making their mark in earnest.
Red Duke
I see that the game is on ifollow tonight. The question is: am I stupid enough to spend £10.00? The answer is probably.
Andy
Red Duke wrote:I see that the game is on ifollow tonight. The question is: am I stupid enough to spend £10.00? The answer is probably.
Yes. Get on VPN. Go through as a non UK and pay £5/6 or €5/6 I think it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lord Elpuz
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I like this comp.

Obviously League survival is the absolute priority but I would take winning the FLT over a third round FA Cup tie.

What better way to signal the start of the Wilcox and Duff era than ending this season with a Wembley win to take us into next Summer when AW and MD will start making their mark in earnest.
Maybe the time has come for us to make our mark in earnest. Can’t be any worse than the way we’ve been playing in England.
Shade
£10 on iplayer seems a bit steep given it's only £5 to get in. Granted, you're not in the area, but still...
Robin
Isn't there £10k for the winner? I know it's not much but it may pay towards a loanee for second half of the season or potentially relocation and sign-on fee for a permanent player.
Shade
Yes, £10k for the winner of the game, £5k each if it's a draw.
It's then £20k if we win the next round, then £40k the round after, £50 the round after that.
Then £50k for winning a semi-final, £50k for losing the final and £100k for winning the final.
So if a team were to win every game in the competition inside 90 minutes, they can earn £290,000.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:£10 on iplayer seems a bit steep given it's only £5 to get in. Granted, you're not in the area, but still...
No problem as far as I am concerned. I have paid £10 to watch online when people have paid £21 on the gate, after all.