no pressure then

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
if ever a game is a must win it is this Saturday. Win and we draw level with a game in hand. Lose and we start to drift

NO PRESSURE THEN
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The manager’s job is to get the players to excel and thrive under pressure rather than stutter and choke.

We know the quality of the players. If that quality is not shown on Saturday questions must be asked as to why not.
Ben3
I’m not one for hype as it’s only theee points but...

This IS a very big game. The result, as nesty points out. But also creating momentum. Two clean sheets in a row, are we on four without losing? A win on Saturday and suddenly that looks like a good run.

I think we will win but it is a bit tricky to see where the goals will come from :|
Shade
Don't worry, there's still Grimsby.
Hubert Parry
If there was ever a phrase I wish I could banish (along with the overuse of "legend" and "political correctness gone mad" and "take back control of our laws") it would be "must win".

We are in November. We could lose on Saturday and then go on a five game winning streak and Saturday would be forgotten.

Hyperbolic, binary piffle.

I do agree that Saturday is important in the sense that it is an opportunity to close the gap to a rival, but no more than that.
Nesty
as the captain of the titanic once said "Iceberg ? what iceberg!
Lord Elpuz
I’m quietly confident about the Notts County game, but will happily take a draw. I saw enough on Tuesday night to see that the squad understands the system they are using, trusting it and trusting each other. The 4 games unbeaten is a momentum they can keep building on, and they will now relish games rather than fear them. It’s all about confidence and consistency and I am seeing both aspects now happening.
horlickfanclub
Well posted Lord.
Shade
Lord Elpuz wrote:I’m quietly confident about the Notts County game, but will happily take a draw. I saw enough on Tuesday night to see that the squad understands the system they are using, trusting it and trusting each other. The 4 games unbeaten is a momentum they can keep building on, and they will now relish games rather than fear them. It’s all about confidence and consistency and I am seeing both aspects now happening.
Whereas that's true, we still only drew away at Ebbsfleet without a shot on target just 3 days earlier. We're too inconsistent. We could go there and finally get a league win, we could scrape a 0-0, or we could go there and be abysmal and lose 3-0. That's how I feel anyway.
Robin
Given Duff is yet to win a game I'm not convinced we can go there and win but I'd be very happy if we do.