WARNING - possible fake “Robins Trust” SCAM !!

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Lord Elpuz
Just had this email come through with an attachment that looks like a Word doc. If you get the same email, ignore it & don’t open the attachment, looks like the Robins Trust email account may have been hacked. Email reads:

Good Morning,

I’m sorry to have disturbed you today.
I called to follow up on an outstanding invoice for payment (see attached) from October
and hoped you could arrange payment please.
Robins Trust
Invoice
ENA-P833289
30/10/2018
£786.48

Sincerely,

-

Robins Trust

0127 814 8606
07771 260254
e robinstrust@outlook.com

Dave Beesley
Agreed LE.
We would never directly ask for money like that.
We are currently running a charity fundraiser, but we are using a reputable crowdfunding partner.

Please disregard any emails asking for money like this.

We will be looking to move email providers in the near future to mitigate this kind of thing
joes dad
Lord Elpuz wrote:Just had this email come through with an attachment that looks like a Word doc. If you get the same email, ignore it & don’t open the attachment, looks like the Robins Trust email account may have been hacked. Email reads:

Good Morning,

I’m sorry to have disturbed you today.
I called to follow up on an outstanding invoice for payment (see attached) from October
and hoped you could arrange payment please.
Robins Trust
Invoice
ENA-P833289
30/10/2018
£786.48

Sincerely,

-

Robins Trust

0127 814 8606
07771 260254
e robinstrust@outlook.com

Yes received the same about a week ago, made the trust aware by email, but have received no reply to date.
Dave Beesley
Apologies both, and anybody else affected.
I will look into this again as a priority over the weekend. But it looks like we will need to switch email providers, which isn't an easy task.

I'll try and keep you all posted
ctfc-fan
Dave Beesley wrote:Apologies both, and anybody else affected.
I will look into this again as a priority over the weekend. But it looks like we will need to switch email providers, which isn't an easy task.

I'll try and keep you all posted
Most likely spoofed not hacked so changing email providers will do nothing.

Have you got your spf record on the domain? I can check if you’re not sure.
Dave Beesley
Unfortunately all of our email addresses are currently forwards to outlook or gmail accounts. The email which has been spoofed is an outlook.com address.
It is my intention to move us over to GSuite for Nonprofits or a similar service, and make the existing robinstrust.org addresses full mailboxes.
From there on in, I would encourage people to ignore anything that doesn't come from a robinstrust.org address

Dave