Defining week starts now

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
This feels like the most important week for the club in some time.

Failure at County means we will likely go in to the Grimsby game too far adrift to overtake them.

Failure vs Ebbsfleet not only means we miss out in the prize money, but psychologically and in terms of confidence will be difficult to bounce back from, and Duff will be under immense pressure.
RedRobin32
If Teresa May manages to survive then so can Michael Duff!
Robin
I agree, lose next two and Duff will be under pressure (I don't think we would sack him however). Would anyone take win one and lose one right now given he's yet to win a single first team game? I think I would take a win today if meant defeat on Tuesday.
Alf
It’s difficult saying this as a fan but league points at the moment are far more important to the future of the club than an unpredictable cup run. It’s difficult because we all love a cup run and the possibility of a big club at home but we need league 2 football next season.
SHANDY VOR
Robin wrote:I agree, lose next two and Duff will be under pressure (I don't think we would sack him however).
Unbelievable!

With talk of a change already, anyone would think you are Real Madrid instead of Real Shite :)

We at City find ourselves in a similar new manager position, but I've not heard even any whispers of the S word, only full backing of a manager who needs time to bring in his players and mould the team in his style.

Anyone who knows anything about football knows that this takes time, and is best done without added pressure and distraction. Despite our respective plummets down the league I reckon we'll both be playing in the same ones next season.

Slowly, slowly catchy monkey!
Benctfc
The only the situation I would see Duff being sacked is if come February or March we are still in the bottom two and look likely to go down and we then hope a new manager somehow save us. I still beleive Duff can turn this around I am slowly beginning to see progress and we have shown signs we can compete with better teams in this league.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
25% there. See this one out now and then on to Ebbsfleet.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
50% done and dusted.

Put the non-leaguers to the sword on Tuesday and it’s job complete!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Part two of the pivotal week then.

If Duff really is going to change things and have more success than recent managers then we have start that change by beating the Conference side at home tonight. Another failure against non-leaguers and it is starting to feel Groundhog Day even with the new manager.
everyman
SHANDY VOR wrote:
Robin wrote:I agree, lose next two and Duff will be under pressure (I don't think we would sack him however).
Unbelievable!

With talk of a change already, anyone would think you are Real Madrid instead of Real Shite :)

We at City find ourselves in a similar new manager position, but I've not heard even any whispers of the S word, only full backing of a manager who needs time to bring in his players and mould the team in his style.

Anyone who knows anything about football knows that this takes time, and is best done without added pressure and distraction. Despite our respective plummets down the league I reckon we'll both be playing in the same ones next season.

Hard for me to agree with you on anything,but on this we concur especially as Duff has improved a group who were lacking fitness,motivation and confidence.We will judge him on his rebuilding in the next two windows.I believe he has the full backing of those who have more than half a brain ?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
everyman wrote:
SHANDY VOR wrote:
Unbelievable!

Hard for me to agree with you on anything,but on this we concur especially as Duff has improved a group who were lacking fitness,motivation and confidence.We will judge him on his rebuilding in the next two windows.I believe he has the full backing of those who have more than half a brain ?
Certainly has mine.
SHANDY VOR
everyman wrote:
SHANDY VOR wrote:
Unbelievable!

Hard for me to agree with you on anything
Why?
everyman
Why ? It`s a Glevum thing ???