C&G lads: your mission vs Ebbsfleet keeper

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Ebbsfleet keeper lost his nut vs Borehamwood today. Here is a video of him climbing into the terraces to get at and fight the fans:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... ogHu9M4-jc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More videos, images and stories in this Twitter thread:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ollie_Baylis ... 6336616448" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Come on lads, give him constant grief for the 45 mins he is at our end. Give him hell!
everyman
I would suggest we leave it to our players to give him grief and score a few goals !
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
everyman wrote:I would suggest we leave it to our players to give him grief and score a few goals !
Yes hopefully but any help from the fans is welcome
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
G G T T H wrote:What an absolutely moronic post, there are mothers and fathers who take their children to the football & stand in the C&G, would you like their children exposed to idiots like these ? Would you like your children exposed to this ? If you had and any that is
Hang about. Not sure what you think I am suggesting? It looks like the keeper is a hot head, so chanting and goading from the crowd may well impact his concentration and help our team. Of course I neither expect or hope to see the keeper starting another fight, but what is wrong with winding up opponents with some witty and annoying chants?
paperboy
...we don't want another FLARE up :-)
I-Love-CTFC
He was recently racially abused by supporters.
asl
I-Love-CTFC wrote:He was recently racially abused by supporters.
So come on lads and lasses in the PRE, hear the RCS call to arms and give him that grief.

:roll:
Nesty
no racial abuse please.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:
I-Love-CTFC wrote:He was recently racially abused by supporters.
So come on lads and lasses in the PRE, hear the RCS call to arms and give him that grief.

:roll:
Apologies all - didn’t realise there was a racist element. Obviously that is not welcome in Cheltenham or Whaddon Rd.
horlickfanclub
I didn't see him try to fight anyone in that clip . Support your own team. Mindless baiting is pathetic as is copycat abuse.The language from the terraces was a disgrace.
Our fans should be better than that.

See below
.https://www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co. ... statement/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
Anyway, anybody seen how much tickets are tomorrow? I just had to check that the game is tomorrow and not a week Tuesday as I haven't seen anything about it.
Johnsons Red Army
£12 standard, £6 concession

https://www.ctfc.com/news/2018/november ... y-details/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
Cheers
paperboy
Johnsons Red Army wrote:£12 standard, £6 concession

https://www.ctfc.com/news/2018/november ... y-details/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bargain!--but wrap up warm.
Malabus
paperboy wrote:
Johnsons Red Army wrote:£12 standard, £6 concession

Bargain!--but wrap up warm.
£5 too much in my opinion. I won’t be attending.
CTFC.Harry
Haha we will try our best!
Shade
I've just watched the video in the first post. Some right Hyenas in that Boreham Wood crowd, eh. Can only imagine what disgusting thing must have been said in order to get him seemingly staring at one fan in particular.
Ralph
Shade wrote:I've just watched the video in the first post. Some right Hyenas in that Boreham Wood crowd, eh. Can only imagine what disgusting thing must have been said in order to get him seemingly staring at one fan in particular.
Yep, it's Boreham Wood. I know from first hand experience what they use for wordage when we had to run past them on the way out from the FA cup game there years back. A keeper would not do what he did unless seriously provoked with some pretty vulgar wordage. Just another RCS thread started where he has no idea what he's on about, except to incite abuse and violence
longmover
Shade wrote:I've just watched the video in the first post. Some right Hyenas in that Boreham Wood crowd, eh. Can only imagine what disgusting thing must have been said in order to get him seemingly staring at one fan in particular.

Be professional, report it to police and stewards and carry on.
everyman
Ralph wrote:
Yep, it's Boreham Wood. I know from first hand experience what they use for wordage when we had to run past them on the way out from the FA cup game there years back. A keeper would not do what he did unless seriously provoked with some pretty vulgar wordage. Just another RCS thread started where he has no idea what he's on about, except to incite abuse and violence
We should give him a good reception when he comes down to the C&G end to show our class and sportsmanship toward`s him.I bet he would appreciate that after what happened on sat.
horlickfanclub
I agree with that. Win fair and square.
kora
According to Leo, winger Myles Weston is on international duty. He was very quick and their main threat in the first game so at least Chris Hussey should have an easier time tonight.
Shade
Apparently Maddox is a doubt after picking up an ankle knock on Saturday.
everyman
kora wrote:According to Leo, winger Myles Weston is on international duty. He was very quick and their main threat in the first game so at least Chris Hussey should have an easier time tonight.
I hope he doesn`t play against us,pace is always a problem when combined with quality ?
paperboy
Ralph wrote:
Boreham Wood home to Torquay in FA trophy
Ben3
You got your wish RCS. I wonder whether people could think before they post?

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... ng-2319902" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sprout Picker
Ben3 wrote:You got your wish RCS. I wonder whether people could think before they post?

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... ng-2319902" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The morons behind the goal strike again. There seems to be a small element there now who are utterly brain-dead.

After the racist abuse he suffered in his previous game is it really beyond them to give him a decent reception and show that the majority of people are not such idiots? Or failing that just leave him alone? :roll:

The club needs to weed out these twats before they really drag our good name into the gutter.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben3 wrote:You got your wish RCS. I wonder whether people could think before they post?

As clarified above I didn’t know the original abuse was racist and was not advocating or condoning any racism of any kind. I incorrectly assumed that in this day and age racism wouldn’t happen so it wasn’t even something I was thinking about. A wake up call to me that far too many racists are still in society blighting every day life for the rest of Britain.

Had I known the original abuse was racist and that we had racists following CTFC (hopefully now banned and facing court) I would have been much more careful in my posts.

But the fact is, one should not have to be careful to accommodate racists. One should be able to call for a crowd to wind up an opposition player and encourage people to give him hell without any fear of racism or other discriminatory abuse even being anywhere near. Time to stop blaming everyone apart from the racist criminals themselves.
Del Boy
So if it's not racist, sexist or homophobic it's ok to scream abuse at someone yards away just because you've paid to get into a football match?? How pathetic.

If it was done in any other scenario of life you would quite rightly get a smack in the gob. But you wouldn't dare because . . . you'd get a smack in the gob. Football really is quite strange sometimes.
horlickfanclub
Not all of football.Just some who would rather scream and goad the opponents instead of supporting their own side Sprout ,Del and Ben make good points. Others are not worth mentioning.
Shade
Can we just make it clear here, as people don't seem to have read the article and are jumping to conclusions, that there was apparently no racism directed at this player from CTFC fans. All he said was that he already didn't want to play the game (assume because of his previous game) and got some abuse he wouldn't wish on his worst enemy, and a complaint was made to the ref. The club have made a statement saying that as far as they're aware, nothing was heard that broke any laws and the abuse toned down once extra stewards were sent to the area the abuse was coming from.

I don't know what exactly was being shouted. I would prefer that no abuse was shouted other than a few chants about how s#!t the keeper is, but if the club says nothing that was shouted was illegal, then I can't see what the big deal is. It happens at every ground in the country. I would suggest this keeper seeks some help for his own mental wellbeing because I'm sure a hell of a lot of keepers higher up the pyramid have encountered much worse at the likes of Millwall, Cardiff, Leeds, etc, etc, than he has on a Tuesday night at Cheltenham in front of a few kids.
Ben3
Shade, thanks for your clarification.

However, I can read for myself. My comment was congratulating RCS on the fact that his incitement to abuse the goalkeeper was followed. I did not mention racism or homophobia and the other posters since are discussing abusing the opposition even if not directed towards one of the protected characteristics.

But I wouldn’t dream of insulting you by condescendingly suggesting you read the posts :roll:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Del Boy wrote:So if it's not racist, sexist or homophobic it's ok to scream abuse at someone yards away just because you've paid to get into a football match?? How pathetic.

If it was done in any other scenario of life you would quite rightly get a smack in the gob. But you wouldn't dare because . . . you'd get a smack in the gob. Football really is quite strange sometimes.
Cooper and Winchester coming next week. No need to scream abuse, but cheering Winnie’s mistakes, mocking and goading if we take the lead, some inventive (non abusive) winding up of Cooper are all things we should expect.
Johnsons Red Army
Sprout Picker wrote:The club needs to weed out these twats before they really drag our good name into the gutter.
Fully agree. If it's the same kids that were causing trouble on the train to/from Swindon last season, the same group that trashed the bar at FGR away this season, then please dish out lifetime bans as they really are trash and we don't need them as fans.
Shade
Ben, my clarification was mainly aimed at RCS himself, who seemed to believe CTFC fans had been racist, from this line:

"Had I known the original abuse was racist and that we had racists following CTFC (hopefully now banned and facing court) I would have been much more careful in my posts"

Maybe you got ahead of yourself and your reading skills need work. I wouldn't dream of suggesting that you should read everyone's posts before jumping to conclusions.