Mohammad Eisa to sign for FGR

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

The Old TomCat
http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=98752" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Johnsons Red Army
Lets hope the FGR forum talks as much bollox as you do then!
vickeryc
Christ, I hope it is bollox.
Benctfc
I'm sure if true the Johnsons will have a had a big impact in the move would be a big kick in the teeth to us.
vickeryc
It would seem like a kick in the teeth, but given the way Gary Johnson was unceremoniously dumped, the club hasn't helped itself.
ctfc-fan
But do we really think there is no other club higher up that would want to sign him?

If he does sign, good for him. Yes a kick in the teeth but we made some money (which I hope would be made to be paid in full upon any sale).

Stuff FGR. They’ll soon be bust!
The Old TomCat
Johnsons Red Army wrote:Lets hope the FGR forum talks as much bollox as you do then!
http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=98742" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vickeryc
The Old TomCat wrote:
Johnsons Red Army wrote:Lets hope the FGR forum talks as much bollox as you do then!
http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=98742" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
... that says next to nothing
The Old TomCat
vickeryc wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
... that says next to nothing

https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/ ... est-green/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Johnsons Red Army
Still says next to nothing. Could be anyone based on that report.

To save people the bother of clicking, this is all it says:

AN unnamed Forest Green transfer target watched his potential suitors at the New Lawn on Saturday, the SNJ understands.

The mystery striker is understood to be a January transfer window option for Mark Cooper as the Rovers' boss looks to spice up his attack, which has failed to find the back of the net in their last two matches.

Cooper said: "There's no hiding the fact that we need another forward to give us that impetus when we're dominating games to go and finish it off."
Jon Palmer
No chance of this happening.
Robin
This is surely the biggest load of rubbish going, just cannot see it happening. Why would Eisa drop back down to league 2 and since when could FGR afford him.
kiaora84
Utter nonsense.
Nesty
we wont see him here thats for sure
Shade
If JP says there's no chance, that's good enough for me.
paperboy
Shade wrote:If JP says there's no chance, that's good enough for me.
Yes. OTC must be laughing his socks off.

Close this thread now please.
Horteng
Likewise

Now let’s talk about Chelt not FGR all the time [TIRED FACE]
Si Robin
Horteng wrote:
Likewise

I don't agree with you often Horteng, but I do here.

People are beginning to look obsessed.
Horteng
Si Robin wrote:
Horteng wrote:
Likewise

I don't agree with you often Horteng, but I do here.

People are beginning to look obsessed.
Yep. Just leave them to it. We all know they are just an advert for ecotricity. Let them get on with it...... it will end in tears eventually
Ben3
^^^^^^^

Absolutely agree. Whilst it’s fun seeibg OTC being baited and taking th bait without fail, it has gone too far. They’re alright FGR, it’s just their chairman who’s ruining their club and making a complete arse of himself.

Maybe if people want it admin could put up a FGR page for OTC and some other posters to continue their debate on?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
What’s an acceptable number of FGR threads? One FGR thread allowed for every Swindon thread for example? What if we have two Notts County related threads?
Si Robin
I haven't checked, but from very quick memory there has been one Swindon thread and one Notts County thread all season - both due to managerial changes.

There seems to be a new thread on Forest Green weekly with the sole intention of a) trying to show how tinpot they are, despite them getting coverage that we could only dream of, or b) to wind OTC up in order for him to come on with some lecture of some sort which leads to everyone calling him the sadsack.

I used to think it was FGR fans craving a rivalry with us, but it's clear to see now that it's not them obsessed with us, it's very much the other way around.
SHANDY VOR
Personally I thank both FGR and OTC for providing my club and me with an abuse buffer.

Carry on Vince
SHANDY VOR
With Sid James playing Dale Vince and Bernard Bresslaw as Mark Cooper.
Ben3
SHANDY VOR wrote:With Sid James playing Dale Vince and Bernard Bresslaw as Mark Cooper.
‘Carry on up the hill’, surely?

Oh, dale, there is not much meat in your pie.
Naughty!

Oh mark, you are awful.
Well, if you don’t like it you can go elsewhere.

Where’s all this wind power coming from?
Ooh, matron!
The Old TomCat
That’s a very naughty remark you’ve added.
GOTCHA conclusively showed that I do not talk bollox. Some on this forum do but NOT me.
Besides I did not add any comment, just the link.

However I did analyse your post and that is why I added second link to show it is not only FGR fans who are talking about this possible signing but members of the Press.
I don’t think JP was at match so is unable to speak with any authority.
The Old TomCat
Jon Palmer wrote:No chance of this happening.
JP,
Dale Vince, chairman of FGR, has told me that you told an almighty gigantic whopper of a Porkie Pie [okay I paraphrase] when you claimed that FGR have apologised to you about the Elliot Frear episode.
The fiasco has been well documented so I’ll not repeat what has already been said but at the end of it FGR filed an official complaint to the FA about your reports.
The FA chose not to pursue any action because it was outside their remit. They did not offer any opinion or conclusion.
Dale Vince told me that FGR have never offered you any apology and will almost certainly never do so.
Si Robin
Who to believe - a nutjob who only comes on here on the wind-up, or someone a number of us know personally?

Hmmm...difficult one that.
theidlerich
....water pistols at dawn.... methinks!
everyman
Jon Palmer wrote:No chance of this happening.
But it could be his brother whose at Shrewsbury and needs to play more games.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote:Who to believe - a nutjob who only comes on here on the wind-up, or someone a number of us know personally?

I can imagine in my mind’s eye that OTC has a little shrine to DV in his little fossil fuel powered cottage, and his ‘asking DV’ is actually a little prayer in front of the shrine and the answer is a voice in his head.

I think everyone backs JP on this one.
Shade
I can hear the private messages being exchanged...
The Old TomCat
Si Robin wrote:Who to believe - a nutjob who only comes on here on the wind-up, or someone a number of us know personally?

Si,
There is no need to be offensive just because I have an alternate opinion.
RCS says: "I think everyone backs JP on this one," but he was saying similar about PB before GOTCHA.

Okay lets start of facts that we all agree: JP wrote up the Frear news report and FGR reported him to the FA.
Therefore it beggars belief that they would then apologise to him.
The overwhelming balance of probability weighs very heavily in DV’s favour.
GOTCHA categorically confirmed that DV is truthful.

Anyway my last word on subject. I have made my point.
It is really academic now that JP is no longer a sports editor but he brought subject up on another thread.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:

Si,
There is no need to be offensive just because I have an alternate opinion.
RCS says: "I think everyone backs JP on this one," but he was saying similar about PB before GOTCHA.

Okay lets start of facts that we all agree: JP wrote up the Frear news report and FGR reported him to the FA.
Therefore it beggars belief that they would then apologise to him.
The overwhelming balance of probability weighs very heavily in DV’s favour.
GOTCHA categorically confirmed that DV is truthful.

Anyway my last word on subject. I have made my point.
It is really academic now that JP is no longer a sports editor but he brought subject up on another thread.
GOTCHA proves nothing. No one believes you have contacted Paul Baker, or if you did that he didn’t just say ‘no’ to avoid any newspaper stories or fuss. Stump evidence or pipe down.
asl
I don't care what 'evidence' he has, to be honest. Putin swears he didn't hit anyone. The Saudi Crown Prince swears he knows nothing about no journalists. I once (or twice) swore I was 18, back in the day. [Shrug] who gives a flying one?