goal difference

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
I have just noticed that Newport go into today's game in 3rd place with a negative goal difference (-2)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Suggests they don’t win by large margins and when they lose, lose big.

With our solid defence we should have nothing to fear. Be disappointing not to win the game.
vickeryc
Newport crashed spectacularly 0-6 at home to Yeovil and had a couple of three goal away defeats. They have, however, had won by the odd goal at Tranmere, Oldham and Port Vale so I'm not anticipating an easy game. In fact, I don't think we've beaten them at Whaddon since we became a league club.
Shade
As I said in the prediction thread, they're very up and down but seem to struggle most against teams toward the bottom, having drawn 3-3 with Macclesfield, drawn with Morecambe, conceded 2 to Cambridge, and hammered 4-1 by Yeovil. This is why I changed my prediction from 1-1 to 3-1 to us. So please forgive me if I've put the mockers on it and we get tanked.
vickeryc
Shade wrote:As I said in the prediction thread, they're very up and down but seem to struggle most against teams toward the bottom, having drawn 3-3 with Macclesfield, drawn with Morecambe, conceded 2 to Cambridge, and hammered 4-1 by Yeovil. This is why I changed my prediction from 1-1 to 3-1 to us. So please forgive me if I've put the mockers on it and we get tanked.
They lost 1-4 at Crawley and 0-6 at home to Yeovil (their only home defeat!)
Shade
Ah yes, getting my hammerings mixed up.