Some thoughts on the 2-1 win over Newport County AFC

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Can be read here: http://bit.ly/5ThingsNewportCounty" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
solihullkev
I would not describe it as a remarkable (or even "an remarkable" ? Grammar ?) transformation. There is evidence of improvement, but a long way to go.

We got the rub of the green with the penalty miss, which we lacked previously. Luck evens itself out.

Massive week in Lancashire. Suggest we hold fire on deciding whether there has been a transformation until at least this time next week.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
solihullkev wrote:I would not describe it as a remarkable (or even "an remarkable" ? Grammar ?) transformation. There is evidence of improvement, but a long way to go.

We got the rub of the green with the penalty miss, which we lacked previously. Luck evens itself out.

Massive week in Lancashire. Suggest we hold fire on deciding whether there has been a transformation until at least this time next week.
Indeed. This is the type of performance we have known the individual players are capable of, and apart from the dodgy patch earlier in Duff’s reign, the team has been getting closer to this level as the season has gone on from game one onwards.
Malabus
Bury is in Greater Manchester and not Lancashire....just saying ;)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:Bury is in Greater Manchester and not Lancashire....just saying ;)
Not to historic county enthusiasts like myself, and Eric Pickles.
Jerry St Clair
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Malabus wrote:Bury is in Greater Manchester and not Lancashire....just saying ;)
Not to historic county enthusiasts like myself, and Eric Pickles.
Yeah. You can shove yer metropolitan counties where the sun don't shine, pal!
Jerry St Clair
It's all epidemic now, but have we agreed whether it was a penalty or not?

I still can't tell from the highlights and JP reports a trip so must have had a clearer view from the press box.
horlickfanclub
Bury, LANCASHIRE. Home of black pudding.
Shade
Jerry St Clair wrote:It's all epidemic now, but have we agreed whether it was a penalty or not?

I still can't tell from the highlights and JP reports a trip so must have had a clearer view from the press box.
Not conclusive on the replay as players in the way but from what I CAN see, it looks like a coming together of 2, 3 or 4 players, with 2 going down, the Newport player on top of Boyle, I think. The ref was going to give anything if he had an opportunity and that was what he was waiting for. I assume Boyle said something in protest to get his booking, because he certainly didn't get it for the challenge.