CTFC vs Bury Tues 27th November 2018

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

theidlerich
CTFC vs Bury Tues 27th November 2018

Some game of two halves that! Probably the best first half I’ve seen at Whaddon Road for some considerable time; years in fact. Passing almost ventured into ‘sublime’ territory; but final box decisions less so. So credit to the whole squad for treating us to that spectacle, but creating much ‘bum’ clenching second half when we were seemingly unable to cope as easily with their rearranged formation and approach; but we weathered the storm. Couldn’t argue with MoM either but felt any one of 4 or 5 should have shared the fizz. Bury away very different kettle of fish; so best we can hope for is a draw so I’ll go 1-1 with Barnett to net a goal [hopefully he’ll head any towards the net area this time…..]
Alf
It will be interesting to see if we carry on with the recent show of positivity and go all out for a win or shore up defensively and settle for a point. I would prefer the former.
paperboy
...I think JP has already said that if we avoid defeat tonight and on Saturday we will have done very well.

Difficult to disagree with that.

On ifollow tonight although I doubt I'll be home in time to watch.
d3d4
Here is my preview and predictions for the mid-week action in League Two for those that are interested

http://d3d4football.com/league-two-prev ... -november/
Alf
What a poor performance after recent encouraging signs. I dont expect us to start winning every game but we made Bury look a better side on the night than they were. Certain players let the manager down tonight and just when he and the fans thought we had turned a corner we throw in a performance like this.