500 Club

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

shevates
Just like to let the membership of the 500 Club know that we have now raised over £150,000 since we started for our Football Club. A big thank you to all present members and past members for raising this grand sum, so much appreciated by myself and more importantly the Club

New members are much needed to keep the funds coming in to help the club with improvements. If you can afford a fiver a month, get a form from the ticket office or download a form from the website

Steve
51/84
Absolutely outstanding
paperboy
Well, an even bigger thank you to you and your band of helpers for many years of giving your time for the benefit of the club.
Red Duke
That is a fantastic milestone.

In relative terms, week 1000 is not that far away. Are you planning an extra special prize for then? Maybe as an incentive for new subscriptions, you could announce nearer the time, that if you enter by, say, week 990 you are entitled to be in the big draw for week 1000.
Nesty
outstanding achievement - many thanks
Dave Beesley
Awesome work Steve!
asl
Fantastic work, Steve. Don't ever imagine people don't appreciate the work you've put in.
leohoenig
I see the draw number in November reached 933, so that means that it is about to complete the 18th year since it has started
That is a tremendous effort by Steve and everyone at the club should appreciate the effort he has put in
paperboy
...does giving the club 150K entitle Steve or one of the other organisers to a seat on the board?
Shade
paperboy wrote:...does giving the club 150K entitle Steve or one of the other organisers to a seat on the board?
Don't think so as the money has been spent on things, rather than given to the club to do what they like with. I think that's how Paul Baker put it.

Good work, btw!
Lord Elpuz
An awesome milestone shevates, very well done indeed.

As a beneficiary of a £300 win, I would encourage all supporters to consider subscribing to the 500 Club, as it does hugely beneficial work for our Football Club and you get a better chance of picking up some decent cash, much more so than wasting your money on the National Lottery.

Happy to confirm that I ploughed my winnings straight back into the Club!
bigdavejambo
is there a facility to join online?
Shade
No. The best option is to complete the form and post it in if you're not nearby:
http://www.ctfc500club.co.uk/become-a-member/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ctfc-fan
bigdavejambo wrote:is there a facility to join online?
No. And no disrespect to Steve or the 500 Club but I think more people would be tempted to sign up if it was online.

I’m still procrastinating about adding another couple of numbers to boost my input.
Andy
We did investigate online payments but due to payment provider fees, admin time required etc for accounting and continual website / email monitoring, it would make an uneven entry cost as these were costs that we felt would have to be borne by the payee not the 500 club so decided not to proceed at that time. Trouble is as well some payment providers don’t let you “add the fees” to be borne by the payee as it’s considered a breach of their terms. It would also be an extra set of accounts to keep an eye on and ensuring a timely transfer of funds to ensure funds available for paying prizes etc.

Online processing of standing orders etc would probably involve various bank requirements regarding data / information security etc to be met although didn’t look into this.
Also extra steps such as allocating new numbers etc and using that as the SO reference would have to be included somewhere. We aren’t set up to be able to receive DDs etc.

It doesn’t take much to print a form, complete it and send it in although appreciate online is easier. I can check with Dave/Steve if scanned on forms are acceptable so you can email them in but again this involves regular monitoring and follow up of emails and banks may require original signature.

Sadly due to work commitments etc I am looking to hand over the reigns of the website etc to someone shortly as I have got contact details from Steve of a volunteer but again at moment I’m too busy to contact them currently. Well it’s not the time to contact them but the time to separate my other domains from this one etc and do a proper handover. Hoping to soon though. Perhaps the new volunteer can investigate further again then.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ctfc-fan
Andy wrote:We did investigate online payments but due to payment provider fees, admin time required etc for accounting and continual website / email monitoring, it would make an uneven entry cost as these were costs that we felt would have to be borne by the payee not the 500 club so decided not to proceed at that time. Trouble is as well some payment providers don’t let you “add the fees” to be borne by the payee as it’s considered a breach of their terms. It would also be an extra set of accounts to keep an eye on and ensuring a timely transfer of funds to ensure funds available for paying prizes etc.

Online processing of standing orders etc would probably involve various bank requirements regarding data / information security etc to be met although didn’t look into this.
Also extra steps such as allocating new numbers etc and using that as the SO reference would have to be included somewhere. We aren’t set up to be able to receive DDs etc.

It doesn’t take much to print a form, complete it and send it in although appreciate online is easier. I can check with Dave/Steve if scanned on forms are acceptable so you can email them in but again this involves regular monitoring and follow up of emails and banks may require original signature.

Sadly due to work commitments etc I am looking to hand over the reigns of the website etc to someone shortly as I have got contact details from Steve of a volunteer but again at moment I’m too busy to contact them currently. Well it’s not the time to contact them but the time to separate my other domains from this one etc and do a proper handover. Hoping to soon though. Perhaps the new volunteer can investigate further again then.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the detailed answer Andy and my post certainly wasn’t a put down to anyone’s efforts, I just want to see the 500 Club grow so always thinking of ideas.

The main way I could think of doing it would be to use Xero with GoCardless and then that automates the direct debits and accounting.

Happy to investigate if anyone ever wanted me to.

Thanks for your efforts thus far.