Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
With 936 crossing the river to the away end.

2,736 home fans - creeping back up to the 3,000 we would like to see as the minimum standard.
Ben3
That’s a good gate. A fair number of woolly FGR fans leaving their shrinking ship i’d guess?

I’d rather otc and co didn’t come, it is embarrassing to support us when we’re at home and the little club up the hill when they’re at home
Jerry St Clair
I'm surprised it was that many home fans. Didn't feel at all like a 3.5k crowd. The PRE seemed really empty.
Shade
Lots of kids/families in block 1 of the Colin Farmer stand, which has recently had family area/mind your language boards added to the walls and stairs.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Lots of kids/families in block 1 of the Colin Farmer stand, which has recently had family area/mind your language boards added to the walls and stairs.
Is Block 1 near the home end or away end?
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Shade wrote:Lots of kids/families in block 1 of the Colin Farmer stand, which has recently had family area/mind your language boards added to the walls and stairs.
Is Block 1 near the home end or away end?
Home...probably less swearing coming from the PRE than the away end until attendances rise...
Andy
I think there were quite a few “School tickets” handed out for this game as a few people came and sat in block 2 and were asking where there seats were showing me their tickets.

Also for parents with their kids with them there were one or two that were surprisingly rude when asked to move by season ticket holders and moaned at two elderly men for coming in late to their seats and making them move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Andy wrote:
I think there were quite a few “School tickets” handed out for this game as a few people came and sat in block 2 and were asking where there seats were showing me their tickets.

Also for parents with their kids with them there were one or two that were surprisingly rude when asked to move by season ticket holders and moaned at two elderly men for coming in late to their seats and making them move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably the same type of parents who think it is ok for their kids to watch videos/games with no headphones, or even worse, don’t tell their kids off when they reach out to touch you or your belongings, on public transport.
Malabus
Very good attendance, as RCS says get 3000 home fans through the door is the next pillar to get too.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Compared to 1,600 for FGR’s League Two game last night at TNL.

Midweek games obviously past the bed time of the free-ticket primary school trips who boost the gates!
Shade
Blimey, just 1600. Well, that says it all.
Artemis
I doubt Stale will be that bothered. Gate money and attendances are entirely incidental for his business model.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Blimey, just 1600. Well, that says it all.
Including 150 Colchester.
Shade
Artemis wrote:I doubt Stale will be that bothered. Gate money and attendances are entirely incidental for his business model.
Indeed. If anything he'll use it in his argument that FGR need to move to junction 13, when 10000 fans will suddenly appear.
Artemis
Shade wrote:
Artemis wrote:I doubt Stale will be that bothered. Gate money and attendances are entirely incidental for his business model.
Indeed. If anything he'll use it in his argument that FGR need to move to junction 13, when 10000 fans will suddenly appear.
All in their cars.....
Robin
FGR clearly not a sustainable model as it is, that's Morecambe and Accrington standard gates and during a season where they are probably exceeding expectations too.
SHANDY VOR
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Compared to 1,600 for FGR’s League Two game last night at TNL.

Midweek games obviously past the bed time of the free-ticket primary school trips who boost the gates!
Now now Sam.

On the one hand you want OTC banned from this site, yet with posts like this you are clearly trying to hook him in.

Make up your mind what you want.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Compared to 1,600 for FGR’s League Two game last night at TNL.

Now now Sam.

On the one hand you want OTC banned from this site, yet with posts like this you are clearly trying to hook him in.

Make up your mind what you want.
I have never wanted him banned. Others have but I never agreed with those calls.

Not my problem if OTC feels the need to post in response to a basic observation about attendances.
SHANDY VOR
I feel you are being a bit disingenuous there.

You may not want him banned but you would prefer he didn't post. You even offered him a bet at very disadvantageous odds to you - your prize being that he stopped posting - his that you would. Knowing how many posts you make and how empty your life would be without this forum it shows how much you wanted it to gamble that much.

You are clearly dangling your carrot in front of him, hoping he'll take a bite.

A serious question - did you set fire to dogs when you were a kid?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:I feel you are being a bit disingenuous there.

You may not want him banned but you would prefer he didn't post. You even offered him a bet at very disadvantageous odds to you - your prize being that he stopped posting - his that you would. Knowing how many posts you make and how empty your life would be without this forum it shows how much you wanted it to gamble that much.

You are clearly dangling your carrot in front of him, hoping he'll take a bite.

A serious question - did you set fire to dogs when you were a kid?
No. I love animals and despise all harm to animals. Plus I was scared of dogs so wouldn’t have been able to do so.

My bet was a challenge to OTC. One he didn’t have the stomach for.
SHANDY VOR
I'm surprised he didn't, I feel the odds are very much in his favour. Still I don't like to see anyone forced off the forum, even if they are hung by their own petard.

Glad to hear your views about dog burning
Lord Elpuz
SHANDY VOR wrote:I'm surprised he didn't, I feel the odds are very much in his favour. Still I don't like to see anyone forced off the forum, even if they are hung by their own petard.

Glad to hear your views about dog burning
Agreed; OTC must believe he is well hung by now. Whenever he’s on this Forum, OTC makes a complete tool of himself, seeing a challenge in anything dangled in front of him. Supporting FGR must have been quite traumatic for him when they turned vegan, being deprived of his meat and two veg ;)
asl
If you don't want him to post, why do you deliberately goad him?
Lord Elpuz
asl wrote:If you don't want him to post, why do you deliberately goad him?

It’s the most telling of questions. We’ve given up hope of him getting banned, so we may as well enjoy the ride, pointing out the serious flaws in his self-styled ‘expert analysis’ and blowing a cavernous hole is his FGR propaganda-fuelled raisin d'être.

We would do it on their Forum, but we are not allowed to do so, thus they ensure their propaganda becomes the self-fulfilling prophecy they so desire.
Ralph
And if we posted on their forum like he does on here, we'd be banned right away
The Old TomCat

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/fo ... by-2266318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :)
Lord Elpuz
The Old TomCat wrote:

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/fo ... by-2266318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :)
What an imbecile you are OTC. That stat is massively flawed and anyone who believes it is an idiot. It implies that it is only Nailsworth people that come and watch that poor excuse of a club. The compiler has completely failed to take account of the wider catchment of Stroud and district, in attempting to make out that 44% of the village population are attending the game. It’s like saying 75,000 people at Old Trafford are all Mancunians.

Factor in the free tickets that are given away as well, and that table is clearly farcical.

You might believe the hype OTC. We certainly don’t. Where does that place you as a ‘keen’ analyst or statistician?

LoL, exactly!

Stroud district population is around 120,000 which would place FGR in the same bracket as virtually all of the other clubs in that table, with approx 2-3% of the population supporting their local club.

Another desperate attempt at one-upmanship. Pitiful.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Lord Elpuz. OTC’s understanding and grasp of statistics is indeed pitiful. Whilst your attempts to educate him are honourable, I believe it to be a waste of time as he is beyond saving.
Lord Elpuz
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Lord Elpuz. OTC’s understanding and grasp of statistics is indeed pitiful. Whilst your attempts to educate him are honourable, I believe it to be a waste of time as he is beyond saving.
Sadly, I have to agree, RCS. We do our best, but it’s a lost cause.
Shade
If I'm not mistaken that average also includes away fans, so has no relevance whatsoever. We could both have the same % of home fans to local popula... why am I bothering to try and explain, OTC won't understand this.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Lord Elpuz. OTC’s understanding and grasp of statistics is indeed pitiful. Whilst your attempts to educate him are honourable, I believe it to be a waste of time as he is beyond saving.

Oh dear, dear.
It’s not often that you guys get it right and you’re all wrong yet again.
I supplied link without comment, so therefore cannot be quoted or misquoted for something I never said.
Your anger should be directed towards the Somerset reporter who compiled the report. NOT ME.
SHANDY VOR
My guess would be that it wasn't a Somerset reporter who compiled it but a freelance journalist who has sold it as a feature to all media covering the area in which these teams play. It has no real newsworthiness, or credibility in statistical terms, but no one really cares as it is a filler. And the journalist gets paid up to 22 times for that garbage so s/he will be happy.

I'm not 100% sure of the above, but 100% confident of being more wrong than right. I will also be devouring 100% of the f#!$ off great big pizza that has just been posted through my letterbox (from where it will also eventually leave), even if I have to save it for breakfast.

I am 98% sure that RCS will respond to the thread within 10 minutes.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:My guess would be that it wasn't a Somerset reporter who compiled it but a freelance journalist who has sold it as a feature to all media covering the area in which these teams play. It has no real newsworthiness, or credibility in statistical terms, but no one really cares as it is a filler. And the journalist gets paid up to 22 times for that garbage so s/he will be happy.

I'm not 100% sure of the above, but 100% confident of being more wrong than right. I will also be devouring 100% of the f#!$ off great big pizza that has just been posted through my letterbox (from where it will also eventually leave), even if I have to save it for breakfast.

I am 98% sure that RCS will respond to the thread within 10 minutes.
Have more confidence in your convictions. That 2% doubt could make or break success in a different strand of life.
Lord Elpuz
The Old TomCat wrote:

Oh dear, dear.
It’s not often that you guys get it right and you’re all wrong yet again.
I supplied link without comment, so therefore cannot be quoted or misquoted for something I never said.
Your anger should be directed towards the Somerset reporter who compiled the report. NOT ME.
But you did comment. You appended a smiley emoji and that qualifies as a comment in a graphical portrayal, in the same way that an uneducated & illiterate individual would sign a document with their ‘mark’. The comparison of course, is not coincidental.

You deliberately try to inflame and antagonise. Why else would you post it?
SHANDY VOR
Perhaps because he was drawn into the debate by others on this forum dangling him the bait. You know OTC likes to have the last word, some of them are nonsense, some of them are interesting, others I don't understand.

This really does feel like an episode of teenage children, so I am going to ask you all to go to your rooms and come back down when you can behave yourself. If you don't, you're not going to football.