Attendance: 1,066 (102 away)

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Only 964 home fans. Poor.
Robin
It's not too low by their standards is it? I thought they have a core of about 1300 home fans.

Also early rounds of FA cup never the most popular for lower league sides.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:It's not too low by their standards is it? I thought they have a core of about 1300 home fans.

Also early rounds of FA cup never the most popular for lower league sides.
2,597 their home average. Obviously some of that will be away fans.
Alf
Would imagine there’s hardly enough of a profit to cover our expenses. Depressing day all round.
Malabus
And Cheltenham are becoming a chore to watch.
Ben3
Malabus wrote:And Cheltenham are becoming a chore to watch.
That’s a shame. Much better to be a chore to listen to (or read) hey Mal? :lol:
Coops
I would expect that sort of attendance if we were playing Hastings United.
Ben3
That comment is one in the eye for Hastings

(I can’t help myself)
paperboy
Ben3 wrote:That comment is one in the eye for Hastings

(I can’t help myself)
Coops was obviously being too subtle for you. :-)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Accies away at Chelsea in the next round?
Hubert Parry
Presumably we would have a different ball number if we had progressed?
Robin
I think they said on the radio we would have had the same ball number.
paperboy
Hubert Parry wrote:Presumably we would have a different ball number if we had progressed?
No, same ball number,so let's hope they drawn Doncaster away or similar.
Still a 20K win on Tuesday on our way to Wembley will be a good consolation prize.:-)
Ben3
paperboy wrote:
Ben3 wrote:That comment is one in the eye for Hastings

(I can’t help myself)
Coops was obviously being too subtle for you. :-)
I don’t know what you mean? I don’t think anyone has been subtle, it’s just the rich tapestry of life
Coops
Is your middle name Norman?
Ben3
That’s rubbish!! If you want to compete then compete :?

Ben3 - still the voice of wit and reason
Ben3
I didn’t study history at school but surely a little ‘Well it was a good win son’ would have sufficed?

Come on guys, only Shandy gets any of this stuff
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben3 wrote:I didn’t study history at school but surely a little ‘Well it was a good win son’ would have sufficed?

Come on guys, only Shandy gets any of this stuff
One assumes you got my Chelsea post even without studying history.
SHANDY VOR
I got it. The battle of Stamford Bridge that preceded the main event. Not bad joke, but you must try Hadrada.
paperboy
SHANDY VOR wrote:I got it. The battle of Stamford Bridge that preceded the main event. Not bad joke, but you must try Hadrada.
..I didn't, so thanks for the history lesson- can't think why I failed my GCE. :-)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
paperboy wrote:
SHANDY VOR wrote:I got it. The battle of Stamford Bridge that preceded the main event. Not bad joke, but you must try Hadrada.
..I didn't, so thanks for the history lesson- can't think why I failed my GCE. :-)
Surely Stamford Bridge and Hastings is primary school stuff not GCE!
SHANDY VOR
They've stopped teaching history at my kids primaries, said there's no future in it
The Old TomCat
This has become an interesting thread. The ElGlosico games for both clubs are always amongst the best attended. Today I bought my ticket for game. Once again it is an all ticket match, but unlike last year I don’t think Cheltenham will, in last week B4 game, change it to pay on the day.
I think that’s because the police have been involved in past three local derby games. The FGR ticket office had a list of names of supporters from both clubs not permitted to buy tickets for game.
Being all ticket will I’m sure reduce attendance figures.

I say this thread has become interesting and that because during November CTFC played in front of their best home crowd of season and a week later their worst of season [albeit away]. During month CTFC had three of their worst attended games of season: Ebbsfleet [1,624 away & 1,435 home] plus 1,066 at Accrington.

Cheltenham’s current average home attendance is 2,784.
Worst home attendance was 1,179 against Colchester in Caraboa Cup on Tuesday 14th August.
Worst league home attendance was 2,095 against Morecambe on Tuesday 2nd October
Best home attendance was undoubtedly 3,672 against Newport on Saturday 24th December.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:This has become an interesting thread. The ElGlosico games for both clubs are always amongst the best attended. Today I bought my ticket for game. Once again it is an all ticket match, but unlike last year I don’t think Cheltenham will, in last week B4 game, change it to pay on the day.
I think that’s because the police have been involved in past three local derby games. The FGR ticket office had a list of names of supporters from both clubs not permitted to buy tickets for game.

I say this thread has become interesting and that because during November CTFC played in front of their best home crowd of season and a week later their worst of season [albeit away]. During month CTFC had three of their worst attended games of season: Ebbsfleet [1,624 away & 1,435 home] plus 1,066 at Accrington.

Worst home attendance was 1,179 against Colchester in Caraboa Cup on Tuesday 14th August.
Best home attendance was undoubtedly 3,672 against Newport on Saturday 24th December.
Accrington away and Ebbsfleet away are not two of our lowest crowds of the season. They were the attendances of other teams and nothing to do with CTFC. Please correct your post.

Also, we haven’t got to 24th December yet.
Robin
Swindon will be a bigger attendance as unlike FGR they will bring a decent following of 1200 or so, I'll be amazed if FGR hit half of that figure.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:This has become an interesting thread. The ElGlosico games for both clubs are always amongst the best attended. Today I bought my ticket for game. Once again it is an all ticket match, but unlike last year I don’t think Cheltenham will, in last week B4 game, change it to pay on the day.

Accrington away and Ebbsfleet away are not two of our lowest crowds of the season. They were the attendances of other teams and nothing to do with CTFC. Please correct your post.

Also, we haven’t got to 24th December yet.
RCS,
Please don't nit-pick. My post is accurate. I did say CTFC so I have nothing to correct. Okay I did mis-type December for November I'll admit.

Swindon at home for last home match of season should be very well attended and I would agree it probably will be best attended home match for Cheltenham of season.
Last edited by The Old TomCat on 04 Dec 2018, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.
Shade
Do Swindon figures stay the same even when they're in awful form?

Given we've been awful in the cup the last several years, and have lost to more than our fair share of non-league opponents, let's just take a moment to have a little laugh at Swindon getting beaten at home by Woking.

:lol:

Ok, I'm done. Next business...
The Old TomCat
Robin wrote:Swindon will be a bigger attendance as unlike FGR they will bring a decent following of 1200 or so, I'll be amazed if FGR hit half of that figure.
FGR usually bring around 800 to Whaddon Road.
Robin
You are so deluded Tom Cat, FGR brought about 150 (being generous) on a Tuesday night the year we first won the conference. They brought 800 the second time we won the conference for arguably one of the biggest games in the clubs history when it was clear we would compete for promotion, last season they managed around 700 (I may be slightly out but fairly certain it was less than conference game) for again one of the biggest games in their history because they were in genuine danger of relegation. This season they are having a much improved season but I would be shocked if they bring anywhere near 800, far more likely to be 500 and that will go down over time for sure.
Shade
It's a Saturday 3pm kick-off between Christmas and New Year. If FGR bring less than 800 I will laugh until new years day.
paperboy
….if they bring 500 or 900 does it really matter?

I hope it's the latter because that's more money in our coffers.

It has to be mentioned that they are away to Newport on the 26th,then at home on January 1st and fans have a finite amount of money to spend.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
paperboy wrote:….if they bring 500 or 900 does it really matter?

I hope it's the latter because that's more money in our coffers.

It has to be mentioned that they are away to Newport on the 26th,then at home on January 1st and fans have a finite amount of money to spend.
DV can sub ‘em.
paperboy
...true- I must remember to buy my Flexi ticket.
Si Robin
Robin wrote:You are so deluded Tom Cat, FGR brought about 150 (being generous) on a Tuesday night the year we first won the conference. They brought 800 the second time we won the conference for arguably one of the biggest games in the clubs history when it was clear we would compete for promotion, last season they managed around 700 (I may be slightly out but fairly certain it was less than conference game) for again one of the biggest games in their history because they were in genuine danger of relegation. This season they are having a much improved season but I would be shocked if they bring anywhere near 800, far more likely to be 500 and that will go down over time for sure.
765 according to the official site.

To be fair though, Cheltenham and FGR arguing over attendances is similar to two bald men arguing over a comb.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote:
Robin wrote:You are so deluded Tom Cat, FGR brought about 150 (being generous) on a Tuesday night the year we first won the conference. They brought 800 the second time we won the conference for arguably one of the biggest games in the clubs history when it was clear we would compete for promotion, last season they managed around 700 (I may be slightly out but fairly certain it was less than conference game) for again one of the biggest games in their history because they were in genuine danger of relegation. This season they are having a much improved season but I would be shocked if they bring anywhere near 800, far more likely to be 500 and that will go down over time for sure.
765 according to the official site.

To be fair though, Cheltenham and FGR arguing over attendances is similar to two bald men arguing over a comb.
I thought you were going to say like May and Corbyn having an hour long debate, but that would be much worse.