Cheltenham Town v Grimsby Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

The Old TomCat
Sprout Picker wrote: :lol: Is this scholar still banging on about attendances of other clubs?!
It sounded like FGR had more supporters in the commentary box than they did in the stands at Yeovil from the Radio Egg Chaser match report on Saturday.
Attendance figures were brought up by your fellow supporters drgm.
I supplied info that he requested.

I cannot comment on numbers of FGR supporters in Yeovil commentary box.
I was sat watching game from the stands.
Must admit I'm surprised you listened to game when Cheltenham were in action at same time. Thought you would have been at Whaddon Road at that time.
horlickfanclub
Sitting not sat please.
The Old TomCat
horlickfanclub wrote:Sitting not sat please.
:D
Shade
The Old TomCat wrote:
Sprout Picker wrote: :lol: Is this scholar still banging on about attendances of other clubs?!
It sounded like FGR had more supporters in the commentary box than they did in the stands at Yeovil from the Radio Egg Chaser match report on Saturday.

Must admit I'm surprised you listened to game when Cheltenham were in action at same time. Thought you would have been at Whaddon Road at that time.
I turned the radio on in the car on the way home from WR and managed to catch the usual incredible amount of bias from Bob Hunt and Co. as they replayed audio of the goals. I don't know who was with him on Saturday but it sounded unbearable as they talked over the top of each other and the other bloke shouted "YES, YES, WE'VE DONE IT!!!". Meanwhile, when the Cheltenham commentators were talking, one of them actually said "...and we try to remain neutral....". I thought why bloody bother, they never are on the FGR commentary. Every time I hear any, Bob Hunt is banging on about how unlucky they've been or how many penalties they should have had or how the opposition don't deserve what they're taking from the game, or how they're eventually going to steamroller someone (promptly followed by a 1-0 defeat at home to Morecambe).
Sprout Picker
The Old Turn Coat wrote:
Sprout Picker wrote: :lol: Is this clown still banging on about attendances of other clubs?!

I suggest you read my post again. I enquired as to why you were still bringing up attendance figures relating to other clubs i.e. your away games. Fulham played at Old Trafford on Saturday but the 75,000+ who saw it is not a reflection of Fulham's support. Is it really that difficult to understand? :roll:

Where did I say I wasn't at Whaddon Road? To help you out Shade's post might give you a clue as to where I heard Mr Hunt's bleating.
The Old TomCat
Sprout Picker wrote: I suggest you read my post again. I enquired as to why you were still bringing up attendance figures relating to other clubs i.e. your away games. Fulham played at Old Trafford on Saturday but the 75,000+ who saw it is not a reflection of Fulham's support. Is it really that difficult to understand? :roll:
Where did I say I wasn't at Whaddon Road? To help you out Shade's post might give you a clue as to where I heard Mr Hunt's bleating.
Sprout,

I supplied attendance info as requested without comment.
I’m not really interested in Premiership attendances.

I will you tell that other Nesters are probably holding their heads in their hands in utter despair after you and Slack scored a massive own goal in advance of ElGlosico.
Everybody on TRN now knows that FGR won match at Yeovil in added time. FGR scored while you were getting away quick-fast from Whaddon Road.
Nesters are now well aware that FGR can and do win away and that ElGlosico is just weeks ahead.
In fact FGR have best away record in EFL2.

Slack and your description of Bob Hunts commentary warmed the cockles of my heart. Obviously I’ve never heard him on the radio because I’m always at same game, but to know that he’s so passionate for FGR is terrific.
Your guy should do the same.
Sprout Picker
The Old Turn Coat wrote:
Sprout Picker wrote: I suggest you read my post again. I enquired as to why you were still bringing up attendance figures relating to other clubs i.e. your away games. Fulham played at Old Trafford on Saturday but the 75,000+ who saw it is not a reflection of Fulham's support. Is it really that difficult to understand? :roll:
Sprout,

I will you tell that other Nesters are probably holding their heads in their hands in utter despair after you and Slack scored a massive own goal in advance of ElGlosico.
Everybody on TRN now knows that FGR won match at Yeovil in added time. FGR scored while you were getting away quick-fast from Whaddon Road.
Nesters are now well aware that FGR can and do win away and that ElGlosico is just weeks ahead.

Slack and your description of Bob Hunts commentary warmed the cockles of my heart. Obviously I’ve never heard him on the radio because I’m always at same game, but to know that he’s so passionate for FGR is terrific.
I'll leave it there because I've genuinely got no idea at all what you are blathering on about.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
Sprout,

OTC. It is quite simple. You gave three attendance figures for each of CTFC and FGR.

These wert Home, Away, and Total.

The point being made is that Away (and therefore Total) are meaningless statistics. Only the attendance of CTFC or FGR matters when talking about those teams, not the home attendances of every other team.

Please, please, please desist from even looking at the Away attendance. It is spurious and meaningless. Forget about it. Get a grip.
Lord Elpuz
The Old TomCat wrote: Sprout,

The above makes no sense. The really sad thing is, he must actually believe this guff himself, otherwise he wouldn’t keep posting on here - and by allowing him to keep showing himself up in this way is actually rather cruel. Mods, you should put him out of our misery.

ps: I have a piece of vinyl, it is black, flat, 12 inches in diameter and has a hole in the middle. Is this a record? It has to be more of a record than what OTC keeps claiming about FGR and those mythical ‘away’ stats.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Good attendance for Cheltenham at Goodison tonight. Looking forward to how many we can get at the Nou Camp later in the week!
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
OTC. It is quite simple. You gave three attendance figures for each of CTFC and FGR.
These were Home, Away, and Total.
The point being made is that Away (and therefore Total) are meaningless statistics. Only the attendance of CTFC or FGR matters when talking about those teams, not the home attendances of every other team.
Please, please, please desist from even looking at the Away attendance. It is spurious and meaningless. Forget about it. Get a grip.
RCS,
I know that, but I added those figures for a bit of fun. I noticed that FGR headed one table so could not resist adding that to my reply. And to have some of my main detractors fall into a right tizzy about it was a bonus. :lol:
Besides as I have mentioned a few times now, I did not bring up the subject of attendance figures – that was drmg so you should be having a moan at him and not me.

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Post subject: Re: Cheltenham Town v Grimsby Town
Posted: 10 Dec 2018, 13:36
Interesting in the sense that it was the two worst managers in the league head to head. For most of the match Cooper’s slow sideways passing game was ineffective against a dire Yeovil side. Then when FGR went for it with proper attacking play late on, Way couldn’t get his team to see out injury time without conceding two goals vs ten men.
So the lesson is that neither side should give us anything to fear when their respective sub-standard managers bring them to WR/JRS.

Did you not spot that I sneaked in at bottom of FLP cutting that Mark Cooper was declared TOP BOSS. :D
Okay I copied and posted cutting onto TRN for a bit of fun and gamesmanship but what the heck ElGlosico is at end of month. ;)
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Good attendance for Cheltenham at Goodison tonight. Looking forward to how many we can get at the Nou Camp later in the week!
:D