Worcester City v Robins 1968

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

paperboy
..spotted this report in their local paper..

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/1 ... y-26-1968/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Frustratingly it doesn't give the robins line up.

They are now homeless and ground-sharing with Bromsgrove in The Midland League.
Plus they have spent all but £150K of the money received from the sale of St George's Lane.
Sadly an all too familiar tale.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Was this the game where a fan was stabbed? Or was that more recent.
Fuller
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Was this the game where a fan was stabbed? Or was that more recent.

That was in 1977. And I was a couple of yards away. Worcester fans came down our end and the rest is history.
Whaddon Rd was a different place back then.
hepple
Judging by the mention of Tony Cook in goal for us who must have been pushing 40 in 1968, I can only assume it was a weakened team from us probably if I remember rightly (which isnt always the case) using many young players we did similar things in the Boarder Counties League (theres one for the history books) one thing I do remember is that the legendary Dave Lewis made his 1st appearance for us in the Midland Floodlit cup.
I also seem to remember a lad from my school in Northleach playing for the club in a Midland Floodlit cup game

I dont remember a stabbing but then I quite possibly had moved away if it was late 1970s whatever happened to the poor person involved
plymrob
Please. Games against Worcester was what we used to care about. RCS please do not assume and maybe button it now and again? No chance I know.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
plymrob wrote:Please. Games against Worcester was what we used to care about. RCS please do not assume and maybe button it now and again? No chance I know.
Eh? A family member has previously mentioned the stabbing incident and I was interested to know when it happened. Not assuming anything so not sure what you are having a dig at.