Fair play and credit to FGR

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Love or hate, FGR’s dedication to sustainability led to a reasonably long feature on them published by the World Economic Forum (think Davos summit) yesterday, and shared by the WEF to their 1.1million followers on LinkedIn and 3.3million on Twitter.

Fantastic coverage to a global audience so fair play to DV for achieving that and for receiving the UN Climate Action Award in Poland this week. A real exemplar of how the world, not just football, needs to adapt in the future.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/12/ ... ard-of-it/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SHANDY VOR
I don't understand, you are always so sceptical about them on this subject - why the sudden U turn?
The Old TomCat
SHANDY VOR wrote:I don't understand, you are always so sceptical about them on this subject - why the sudden U turn?
Shandy,
RCS engages in football banter, much the same as you and me. But this subject is not football related so RCS must be congratulated and thanked for publicizing a small push by a Gloucestershire businessman to try and preserve our precious planet in the manner that we would wish.
Much appreciated RCS.
SHANDY VOR
I agree, its a laudable industry, its just that SRC knocks their operations, the man and what they stand for on such a regular basis that I was surprised that his goalposts did not just move, but were reassembled and sent to another planet.
Nesty
had it not been for Baker's reluctance to stand down we might have got Mr Mince as Chairman
Shade
Thank God, or whichever deity you may believe in, he didn't.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:I agree, its a laudable industry, its just that SRC knocks their operations, the man and what they stand for on such a regular basis that I was surprised that his goalposts did not just move, but were reassembled and sent to another planet.
I don’t dislike what they stand for. As well known in my arguments on here I am vegetarian myself, an Ecotricity customer and have previously worked for two environmental / sustainability NGOs.

What I mock is the financial sustainability of the football club and making huge debts and sacking Ecotricity staff cover these losses. Only question is, as a colleague who saw the WEF article who knows nothing about football or FGR said to me straight away “what about team buses to matches and the fans travel?”

I would fully support a full vegan catering policy at CTFC and would hope any new stand is an energy efficient exemplar.
SHANDY VOR
Thank you for clarifying

So how does your second paragraph square with the original OP?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:Thank you for clarifying

So how does your second paragraph square with the original OP?
Because A my op was focusing on the environmental element only, not the financial doping or loss making football club B whilst the transport question is genuine, the rest of the activity is exemplar.
Horteng
Hate topics on FGR on this forum but I did chuckle when I seen Charlie Cooper had returned early from his loan at Newport lol