Another youngster loaned out

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Taking total to six scholars currently gaining senior experience: http://bit.ly/WestfieldsLoan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
paperboy
...Ashley Vincent speaking about Robins loanees.

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/1 ... ster-city/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Horteng
Why do our loans go to such low levels every time?
asl
Oh, oh, oh! I know! I know! Please, Sir! Me, Sir!

Is it because they're not very good, yet? And if they were any good at that age, they'd not be on our books in the first place?
Si Robin
You missed out the obvious point as well that maybe, just maybe, clubs in higher divisions are simply not interested in them.
Nesty
Si Robin wrote:You missed out the obvious point as well that maybe, just maybe, clubs in higher divisions are simply not interested in them.
Its all about levels - the only youth loans we get in are normally from clubs 2-3 levels higher, so the only clubs interested in our youngsters will be 2-3 levels lower
horlickfanclub
Westfields is probably local for Olly Price. If he stands out no doubt he will upgrade after Christmas.
Lord Elpuz
Nesty wrote:
Si Robin wrote:You missed out the obvious point as well that maybe, just maybe, clubs in higher divisions are simply not interested in them.
Its all about levels - the only youth loans we get in are normally from clubs 2-3 levels higher, so the only clubs interested in our youngsters will be 2-3 levels lower
That’s a spot on assessment.

We always live in hope of finding a late developer, because the early-emerging talented kids get picked up at a very young age by the scouts from bigger clubs. I’m not saying Cheltenham don’t spot the same local talent, but the big Birmingam Clubs will most likely be in there too, making more attractive offers.
Artemis
Nesty wrote:
Lydney, Tuffley, Worcester and Westfields are five levels lower than us in the Hellenic and Midland Football Leagues. But the young lads may well shine and show they are capable of loans at higher level clubs.