Would you extend Sam Jones' loan?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Interview with the forward here: http://bit.ly/JonesLoanSpell" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
Nope, would rather have Manny Duku back and another forward to come in.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Unless we replace his goals, no.
Andy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Unless we replace his goals, no.
So if we replace his goals you want to extend. Otherwise no??!??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheltenhamshire10
As a back up I think I'd rather have Duku
If we can't extend Barnetts stay I'd keep Jones, but would rather have Barnett and Duku in our squad than Jones.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Yup. Close to 10% of our League goals, and more if you include the assist for winning the penalty. And without the points those won us we would be bottom.

Simple policy really; only replace a player if the replacement is better. (Or likely to better - you never know how it will work out.)
kags
Use some of the money from the cup runs to get in a better option.
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Yup. Close to 10% of our League goals, and more if you include the assist for winning the penalty. And without the points those won us we would be bottom.

Simple policy really; only replace a player if the replacement is better. (Or likely to better - you never know how it will work out.)
I think the query was with your original sentence. I think in relation to the original question, your answer should have been yes, and not no.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

I think the query was with your original sentence. I think in relation to the original question, your answer should have been yes, and not no.
Oh yes. Thanks for correction.
Lord Elpuz
I would definitely extend Sam Jones’ contract.

He had a bad press off CTFC fans earlier in the season, when he was clearly not fully fit or match fit, having only played a handful of goals in 2017/18. Our forwards were getting no supply at that time and he cut a frustrated figure, in my view, understandably so.

He is a goalscorer at this level, and they don’t grow on trees. We would be crazy to let him go.

I saw enough passion in the lads face when he won the penalty that Conor Thomas converted when Cheltenham beat Grimsby 2-1 recently, to show there’s a committed player there, and given a chance, he will bang the goals in for us.
Shade
Most of the bad press was for his stupid sending off at Oldham in a match we could have at least got a point in, but he's gone some way to making up for that and the other games in the last two.
Alf
Everyone deserves a second chance and I think the lad has potential. I would definitely keep the loan going for as long as possible.
asl
It's very odd - we'd been assured he had been "frozen out."
paperboy
asl wrote:It's very odd - we'd been assured he had been "frozen out."
...yes,from a reliable source too.
Red Duke
asl wrote:It's very odd - we'd been assured he had been "frozen out."
Maybe Global Warming has had an effect and there has been a thaw at Whaddon Road.
horlickfanclub
I did dispute the "frozen" story at the time.The usual suspect wrong again.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:I did dispute the "frozen" story at the time.The usual suspect wrong again.
As did most others!
paperboy
....Duku subbed off at half time for Barnet today
...to be replaced by Byron H.
Would still have him back as a good impact option though.