An actual xmas rumour...

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ben3
...I was in Sainsbury’s at barnwood this week and a certain championship striker with STRONG connections to football in Gloucestershire was having a cup of tea with two others. I am not sure but I think one of the others was a FGR coach (I’ve tried googling but they don’t have pictures of their coaches on their site, but I think I remember his face from when we played them).

A social catch up for Xmas or something more meaningful?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben3 wrote:...I was in Sainsbury’s at barnwood this week and a certain championship striker with STRONG connections to football in Gloucestershire was having a cup of tea with two others. I am not sure but I think one of the others was a FGR coach (I’ve tried googling but they don’t have pictures of their coaches on their site, but I think I remember his face from when we played them).

A social catch up for Xmas or something more meaningful?
Must be his brother you spotted as my Mum’s postman’s son’s girlfriend is a barista in Starbucks, Cheltenham and served said striker you allude to a Grande Americano. Apparently the striker made a quip about how this time last year it would have been a filter but now he can afford the extra £1.50 and that whilst he has spent the last few months drinking Latte Machiattos on Saturday afternoons because he has a few hours to kill he doesn’t want any milk or syrup now he is trying to get back in full fitness before January when he wants to prove to people that he “still has it”.

Watch this space!
Ben3
You may mock but this 6 foot plus giant was only drinking tea.

If only I could post on the FGR forum, I can only hope OTC takes it back

(Because despite the tongue in cheek delivery...it is actually a true story!)
Robin
Do you mean our former youth team player Matt Smith?
Jerry St Clair
I spotted a chap with a strong Portuguese accent and a healthy self-regard viewing the Golden Valley Hotel yesterday. Said he liked the vista on to the M5 and thought it might do "for a season or two".

Should Duffo be worried? Can the board match his ambitions with investment? Any ideas?!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben3 wrote:You may mock but this 6 foot plus giant was only drinking tea.

If only I could post on the FGR forum, I can only hope OTC takes it back

(Because despite the tongue in cheek delivery...it is actually a true story!)
The man you saw in Sainsbury’s may well have been imbibing tea. I wasn’t mocking, just saying you must have got the wrong bloke.
Nesty
I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus
paperboy
....you get a much better class of striker in Waitrose.
Nesty
paperboy wrote:....you get a much better class of striker in Waitrose.
ahhhhhh............ the Starbucks sighting rumours were the best
andgarod
You may well be right as any striker MD signs will be drinking meat extract ala Bovril not that veggie type tea or coffee
Was eating a meat pannini or just a lettuce sarny

Meanwhile christmas party story to break and I expect to see at least 120 santa hats on Saturday in the away section

compliments of the season to all :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nice attempt at starting a rumour Ben.
Ben3
RCS - I know this is hard to convey on a message board but I am seriously not joking.

CD in the café with two others, I really think one of the others is a coach at FGR.

I'll go £5 with anyone that Doidge signs for Bolton and is loaned back immediately (he is currently "on loan" at Bolton, with a view to sign him. Watch this change in Jan.)

Believe it or not folks...but you heard it here first
Malabus
paperboy wrote:....you get a much better class of striker in Waitrose.
Yes a free coffee with every slice of strawberry cheesecake... Cheltenham always on the lookout for or a freebie.
Andy
Nesty wrote:I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus
And I saw Daddy inside Santa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
theidlerich
No free coffee or half price cakes [high sugar and loads of gluten....:(] in Waitrose anymore....presumably thats why they issued a profit warning! For players I suggest we tended to shop in Lidl's, Aldi and the occassional foray into poundland. Perhaps under MD we might see excursions into Sainsbury's and Tesco's after all. Maybe Ben3 might be on to something .......... I rather doubt it.......... rather like DW [tele the other day he still flatters to deceive.... perhaps like his posts? .....[- ouch! Sorry Ben TiC]
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Amazon.
Ben3
When you all feel like apologising form an orderly queue

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... en-2400258" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ctfc-fan
Ben3 wrote:When you all feel like apologising form an orderly queue

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... en-2400258" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And maybe while Stale is talking to the EFL he could explain how they get round the FFP rules.
THECHOIRBOY
I'm a bit lost on the six foot plus 'giant' link to Doidge. At 6ft 0.6 inches yes he's over six foot but certainly no giant.

Though I guess it's relative and you may be very ickle.