Some thoughts on the 0-0 draw at Swindon Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Not a classic by any means! http://bit.ly/5ThingsSwindonA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
Largely agree Jon but feel we need two midfielders as top priority and then one striker (plus Manny Duku back). If we have money we can add a winger to allow us to change shape but four or five players maximum please. Out can go Alcock, Field, Jones, Baldwin and maybe even Barnett if we can find a better target man.

Also didn't hear any booing of Hussey although I didn't hear anything at all from the Swindle fans until stoppage time.
andgarod
well i did and my hearing aid was turned off
They were booing varney as well at the start
I hear Shrewsbury are willing to let Jones go in January
Robin
Wouldn't surprise me at all if Shrewsbury want Jones but I've seen nothing so far to suggest we should take him off their hands. He's been a really poor loan.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Wouldn't surprise me at all if Shrewsbury want Jones but I've seen nothing so far to suggest we should take him off their hands. He's been a really poor loan.
Apart from his goals and assist keeping us off the bottom.
Robin
How many times have you seen him play? He's scored two tap ins for goodness sake and rarely breaks a sweat.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:How many times have you seen him play? He's scored two tap ins for goodness sake and rarely breaks a sweat.
Tap-ins suggesting he gets in the right place at the right time to anticipate and tuck away rebounds. More than can be said for some of our attacking players the last two and a half seasons.
Shade
He put a shift in today.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:He put a shift in today.
Yes, his winning of the ball, driving away from players and sliding the perfect ball in for Hussey to cross for Tyrone’s goal.
Robin
Yes thought Jones had his best game for us today credit where it's due but he still needs to be moved on in the window. Tyrone on the other hand was immense and battered their defenders.
Shade
Duff said post-match that he spoken to neither Barnett or Jones about extending past their initial 6 months yet, but I'd be surprised if he lets either go after recent performances. Especially as Duff stood by Jones to an extent after most of us wanted him gone.