BBC Radio Glos this Saturday

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Will they be doing one broadcast of the game on all channels, or will they have different commentators on AM and DAB?

If the former, surely Bob Hunt can’t be allowed to do it.
Si Robin
Gloucester Rugby will be on FM, so imaging it'll be Bob Hunt on AM and Peter Matthews with Mark Halliwell on DAB.
Horteng
There is definitely commentary from both camps (FGR and CTFC). Not sure on the distribution but both will be covered
Shade
It'll be the same as the last few times, Bob and Billy Hunt giving a very biased and amateurish commentary on AM and Peter Matthews and Mark Halliwell giving a neutral-ish commentary (depending on how it's going it will be either slightly pro-Cheltenham or if not well it will be pro-FGR), on DAB and FM if there's no rugby. All I can say is I'm going to the game and won't have to listen.
paperboy
Shade wrote:It'll be the same as the last few times, Bob and Billy Hunt giving a very biased and amateurish commentary on AM and Peter Matthews and Mark Halliwell giving a neutral-ish commentary (depending on how it's going it will be either slightly pro-Cheltenham or if not well it will be pro-FGR), on DAB and FM if there's no rugby. All I can say is I'm going to the game and won't have to listen.
Ha ha- me too.

I have a dislike of most football pundits,but at least when watching on TV one can mute the sound.
Actually I don't mind Bob Hunt too much in small doses and I have criticized Mark Halliwell as a summariser,but as a commentator he's fine.
Given that Radio Glos don't pay too much we should perhaps be grateful for any commentary.
Reginald
Don't let the Daily Mail know the local BBC are sending two commentary teams to the same match...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Reginald wrote:Don't let the Daily Mail know the local BBC are sending two commentary teams to the same match...
Loose change compared to the horrendously bloated click-bait website and millions spent trying to compete with commercial broadcasters.